Requiel whats wrong with support ?

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
Forgot It was against the law to say your opinion if you played anything but DaoC for a short matter of time.

but hey I Only played Us for 8 months with a short WoW break

Retard

such calling your dutch lover a retard :(

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
GoA's customer support is like 2 people, Mythic is a hell of a lot more! I apologise to anyone who is french before i say this, but GoA's is ran in france by the french, and french are renound for their selfishness, they only care about themselves don't give a fuck about the rest.

DirtyDiana

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
This wasn't about a bug though. The guy destroyed the wrong necklace. Nothing to do with the invisible item bugs that other people are talking about. He just didn't double check before doing ctrl-d. There are bugs in the game of course but this wasn't one of them. Requiel even said at the beginning of this thread that items lost due to bugs are replaced so I'm not sure what your incoherent rant is about there.
Every time I've had a problem it's been sorted out effectively and reasonably fast. But then I'm an adult who doesn't expect people to run around after me fixing my mistakes.
To be honest, this just makes you look like an idiot. Specially the bit about them being French. None of the English GMs are French.

If you was new to the game would u think to do ctrl +d ? no exactly and i assure you i am not a idiot and the french part was a joke, the british community has a sense of humour when it comes to mocking the french, as the french do to the rest of the world. The point is their is a bug when it comes to the inf, and this dude fell down to it. It would take 2 secs to reset his ench for him. Their is nothing that says in your book you got with the game or the COC or EULA that says you must ctrl+D when something weird occurs in your Inf. Customer support is based on the theory of REPEAT BUSINESS if your customers enjoy their experiance then they will come back. In GOA's situation if we enjoy the game we will pay our subs, some people will experiance problems like this fellow and its the customer supports job to sort it out so the customer continues to enjoy the game. 2 secs work for a dude who has poored so many hours into his char is well worth it.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Penlid said:
GoA's customer support is like 2 people, Mythic is a hell of a lot more! I apologise to anyone who is french before i say this, but GoA's is ran in france by the french, and french are renound for their selfishness, they only care about themselves don't give a fuck about the rest.

Why are you apologising to the french before making racist comments about them? Idiot... :eek7:

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
DirtyDiana said:
If you was new to the game would u think to do ctrl +d ? no exactly and i assure you i am not a idiot and the french part was a joke, the british community has a sense of humour when it comes to mocking the french, as the french do to the rest of the world. The point is their is a bug when it comes to the inf, and this dude fell down to it. It would take 2 secs to reset his ench for him. Their is nothing that says in your book you got with the game or the COC or EULA that says you must ctrl+D when something weird occurs in your Inf. Customer support is based on the theory of REPEAT BUSINESS if your customers enjoy their experiance then they will come back. In GOA's situation if we enjoy the game we will pay our subs, some people will experiance problems like this fellow and its the customer supports job to sort it out so the customer continues to enjoy the game. 2 secs work for a dude who has poored so many hours into his char is well worth it.
Err.. ctrl+D is the command to destroy an item which is what this guy did. I don't know what you're talking about and by the sounds of things neither do you. Again, it wasn't a bug, the guy just destroyed the wrong necklace by mistake.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Shanaia said:
such calling your dutch lover a retard :(

Fake shanaia is my favorite dutch. your second :<

Sorry just woke up and you always bitch me on forums :(

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Ok I've read and read this thread and some things in here are beginning to wind me up so I'm finally gonna comment (oh lucky you)

Where to start... Ah yes, Penlid...

Penlid said:
french are renound for their selfishness, they only care about themselves don't give a fuck about the rest.

Granted there is still a culture of ill feeling between the English and the French as they were both involved in a prolonged period of war as both nations battled for a measure of superiority in the world over many centuries.

Regardless of that and a lot of diametrically opposed ideas, French people are NOT like that one bit. I am British and reasonably proud to be so... My partner is French so I spend a reasonable amount of time each year across the water. I found the vast majority of French people I deal with vastly more friendly that many of those found in the area I live...

Regardless of that, pulling out the old 'OFC they won't help, they're French, that hate us' argument is such a bloody waste of time and totally counter productive...

Customer: Something's not as I expect, fix it...
Supplier: That is not in my power, I'm afraid
Customer: FU you ignorant bastard, do as I say...
Supplier: Why didn't you say that to start with... I know I must be in the wrong, I really want to help you now...

Grow up fgs...

In regards to Req & co...

I'm willing to bet that you guys have your hands tied by rules and regs set down from above. Undoubtedly you need some kind of evidence that there was a problem at fault here as you should not be undoing every daft thing a user does...

However, there is something called good will... In this scenario it is possible, though not certain, that the well known and document bag display bug *could* have played a part in this matter.

If you have the logging facilities to see if/when a player completed a quest & received an item (and I suspect that you do) then given the circumstances, potential bug issue and no suspicion of the user involved trying to 'pull a fast one' then to be honest, resetting the quest or generating the item (perhaps even with a low durability) shold be considered as an 'gesture of good will' between you and the paying customer. Unless of course you'd care to tell us that there is no good will between GOA and its customers?!?!?!?!?! (I hope that's not true but I have had similar conversations with other service suppliers in the past)

As far as the original poster goes...

I'm sorry for the loss of your item, it's a bitch when things like that happen.

You followed it through the right channels by using RightNow but you shouldn't have brought it to FH as a grumble. In doing that you've painted Req & co into a corner. They can't be seen to give in now, to do so would cause a certain amount of embarrasment to the support guys and open the floodgates to people looking to abuse this situation for their own gain.

You should have spoken to a GM online in a nice, private chat about it not brought it out into the open. With this kind of thread, everyone looses.

The OP had absolutely 0 chance of getting the assistance they needed once this thread was opened as the whine, bitching and insults thrown at Req and co were only ever going to alienate them further.

Req & co get painted like they're heartless shits who don't give a **** about the community when really their hands are tied by rules & regulations placed upon them. They have to be seen to abide by the rules as much as we do. It's a sad fact of life, sometimes no matter how much people want to help, it isn't always within their remit to do so...

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
I'm not going to comment on what Mythic CSR's may or may not do as I don't work for that company. However their official policy on item restoration can be read here.

and in reality it is as I said in a previous post. Policy or not.

If an item is lost due to whatever error, it can be fixed if its reported and qued up within 24h from the incident.

I have NEVER had a CSR tell me: sorry dude, thats impossible, I wont help you and i've talked to them quite a few times about this and that. Even if it was about such a simple thing as a RoGbracer accidently sold.

It kinda says something about the lvl of their support, compared to your support. Im not saying GOAs support is terrible, it has gotten better lately but it is still not good, if you compare it to Mythics support. I really wish we could get a real ingame supportsystem that should be there in the first place, dont know how many times ive been dissapointed at the botanswers from rightnow.. it makes me irritated, because of the fact that im a paying customer that knows that another company runs the same game, with a far superior support.

Sure some of the yanks whine about the CSRs and say they are morons but as with everything, it all depends on how you approach people ingame.

edit:

just wanna add that, Requiel, im pretty damn certain that you know to 100% what I am talking about here, I also understand that you have your directives and only do your work but, you are a public person and thus get to hear all the whine and bad thoughts about GOA, its natural, I do hope you understand that it is nothing personal at all in any of my posts with critisism towards GOA. On the contrary, I think you do a great job within the limits I think you have. Cheers for that, but, I still think GOA should rethink a couple of things at least.

Malena

Banned
well GOA is a lost call

ex wht happend to me

well if I goo zone betwenn foundation in to my house and losing my CM
that cant fucking be my error that must be the game fucking up :/

Right !!

But still GOA claims I dropped the CM on the ground !!??

maybe GOA cant distinct a bug or a game error soo in small words
due too goa policy you never going too get anything replaced becouse
they cant see the differance betwenn a bug or player error

I sure HELL didnt throw my cm on the ground

O btw they got this 14 day trial out now and it's not even working !?!?

I got friends who wanted too try it out but cant is shows the qua on GOA right

" all this shit come out of another bug in daoc
when you sitting with you crafter char (not the owner of the house)
and filling the CM up with armor all of the sudden you got the CM in our backpack.

all knows the hazzel then you cant put it down with another char then the house owner char.

So the only thíng too do is too put the cm in your house vault

I was on my way in and during the zoning inside my house the CM wannish

once again I didnt move it out of the backpack but still RN claims I dropped it too the ground ''

from now on I very picky what mmorpgs I play a superb ingame support with staff who know what they doo is importent or I never pay a dime again

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
Fake shanaia is my favorite dutch. your second :<

Sorry just woke up and you always bitch me on forums :(

I forgive you my hot swedish loverboi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom