Requiel whats wrong with support ?

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Check out Choker of Dispute as replacement for Ancient Copper neckie - different resists but similar utility (in fact in some ways better resists cos they aren't the ones that all artis overcap anyway).

(This is for Alb but I imagine there's a similar neckie drop in other realms instances too).

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
the system do work in the US, with helpful CSR's, and yet you say doom at once and say there will be thousands of requests every week. If it works in place A, why wouldnt it work in place B?

Mythics customer support is way larger than goas..

they have 5-10 CSR´s online at most times to fix things for you, plus a nice ingame appeal system..

GOA has a couple gm´s that can log on and help from time to time, when theyre not processing rightnow reports...

Its just not comparable..

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
well we could either cancel our subs....we do the work.

however if GOA are made to ban accounts, they infact will have to reconsider the Customer Service they provide, as at some point they will ban so many that they will eventually cut off there own income..

Perhaps, this is why they dont bother with customer service, saves money for when they cant be assed to run the servers any more.

Mythic looking more and more appealing.

Might send them a letter asking if they wanna set up a UK server IN THE UK, run BY UK PEOPLE, patches will be instant/same time as US as most if us brits spell like crap anyway.

Server repairs and Updates in English..... CAn get a decent server these days for not alot of capital....

RAther letting GOA keep screwing us over with bad support and constant problems I have experienced on Excalibur, with good business mind and customer back up should mwork well...

Must remember to have a HOW to completing the damn mls, geez GOA HOW LATE ARE YOU, patches take several months, ML's So last year....

WE ALL KNOW HOW TO DO THEM .......check www.visionofsages.net/toa if you need any help GOA, the players are ahead of you AGAIN...

thanks !!! :touch:

DirtyDiana

Fledgling Freddie
If Mythic were sensible they would give the option for GOA ac's to be transfered to US servers FOC, i would go tomorrow judging from the feed back to GOA in the forums.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
So much QQ from people who either got slapped by GOA for breaking their rules and obviously lying (hi EbaySollac) or by people who switch servers and games every 2 weeks (hi Chimp)

Like plenty of people say... you fucked up, you deal with it. Taking responsibility for your mistakes will build character ... whining when you don't get an item returned in a bloody game just shows bad character.

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
So much QQ from people who either got slapped by GOA for breaking their rules and obviously lying (hi EbaySollac) or by people who switch servers and games every 2 weeks (hi Chimp)

Like plenty of people say... you fucked up, you deal with it. Taking responsibility for your mistakes will build character ... whining when you don't get an item returned in a bloody game just shows bad character.

who he? another assumption, I have accepted the decision, just dont agree with the methods GOA employed to enforce their rules.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Sollac said:

Some guy who bought plats on ebay, got slapped for it and then made a fool out of himself trying to get support from the community

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Dallas said:
Mythics customer support is way larger than goas..

they have 5-10 CSR´s online at most times to fix things for you, plus a nice ingame appeal system..

GOA has a couple gm´s that can log on and help from time to time, when theyre not processing rightnow reports...

Its just not comparable..

and now we come to the question, why dont GOA put down same resources on support as Mythic have chosen to do? :)

Shanaia said:

if you truly think thats building character, then I assume you are a really weird person that relates such a silly thing to RLstuff as building character..

lol

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
there is definately a bug when all bags are full as i have experienced it a few times, just like others i moved the important stuff to last bag, had items vanish and return when i switched them with what looked like an empty slot, item icons change, hell i even remember the bug where you showed as another player, basically there is in my opinion too much margin for error when using portal necklaces and having to switch your template necklace out, therefore it would be fair to reset the encounter in such cases.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
That display bug has been in game for over two years. I've had things be invisible, but never disappear. :)

Bag

Fledgling Freddie
Where is teh lock? This thread is from stone age :worthy:

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
DirtyDiana said:
Lets start a strike and cancel our subs untill they apologise for their shitty service :twak: they will soon reply if their is no money in for next month ... twats their is no need to be so arse reaming like that. Its obvious their is a bug if so many people are replying with the SAME goings on. Fooking twats .. im soo pissed off that i pay for them to be like that. I just /pray i wont need to ever contact them. We pay for a product, that product is found to have bugs at various times. IMO that means we are getting something that doesnt work and is not what we pay for. God damn im so angry that people can be like that ... ohh yea just remebered arent they french? .. nuff said sorry for the string of crap i just typed but GOA ... you need to inlist your whole company on some sort of customer support course .. or if not jump off a bridge.... or maybe the cheaper option just reset the quest for these customers who are filling your pockets ... tossers
This wasn't about a bug though. The guy destroyed the wrong necklace. Nothing to do with the invisible item bugs that other people are talking about. He just didn't double check before doing ctrl-d. There are bugs in the game of course but this wasn't one of them. Requiel even said at the beginning of this thread that items lost due to bugs are replaced so I'm not sure what your incoherent rant is about there.
Every time I've had a problem it's been sorted out effectively and reasonably fast. But then I'm an adult who doesn't expect people to run around after me fixing my mistakes.
To be honest, this just makes you look like an idiot. Specially the bit about them being French. None of the English GMs are French.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
This wasn't about a bug though. The guy destroyed the wrong necklace. Nothing to do with the invisible item bugs that other people are talking about. He just didn't double check before doing ctrl-d. There are bugs in the game of course but this wasn't one of them. Requiel even said at the beginning of this thread that items lost due to bugs are replaced so I'm not sure what your incoherent rant is about there.
Every time I've had a problem it's been sorted out effectively and reasonably fast. But then I'm an adult who doesn't expect people to run around after me fixing my mistakes.
To be honest, this just makes you look like an idiot. Specially the bit about them being French. None of the English GMs are French.

I have to agree here, Ive had nothing but good support from the GM's since returning, rightnow queries have been answered professionaly and quickly - you tend to find that if you conduct your query in a calm adult manor they will treat you with the same respect - Flaming on FH is not the right way to go about this.

There have been a few posts lately pulling at Requiel and its getting quite pathetic now, he does an outstanding job IMO

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
I've been playing since day 1 too.

I must have accidentally sold at least 30 pieces of MP armour to merchants over that time, as crafting is mind-numbing and makes your brain turn to mush. I've also sold a malamis belt, and several other high-value items.

Life goes on. It's annoying, but if GMs restored items just like that there would be thousands of requests every week. It's very similar to the people who blame Spellcrafters when they get +25 charisma instead of constitution on their MP chain legs...it's your fault for not checking; get over it.

who didnt say i didnt check eggy ?

try put a ancient copper necklase and a proving ground necklace besides eachother and press 1 of them and SHIFT - D (i suggest you try to destroy proving ground necklace so you dont risk anything)

where can you see you have selected the right necklace and not ancient copper necklace ?

from the text that say : Do you really want to destroy this item ? (sorry i cant see it says - do you really want to destroy your ancient copper necklace)

or the icon it shows (the proving ground icon and ancient copper necklace is 100 % alike - do you really think i would have destroyed the Ancient Copper Necklace if i had been given a proper warning ingame ?)

and sure life goes on with mp crafted items and uber drops (but the problem with Ancient Copper Necklace is that i cant farm it again !)

Mythic should really make such an important item as Ancient Copper Necklace tradeable/not destroyable and also improve the warning system you are being given when you try to destroy an item.

like this - Are you sure you want to destroy your (insert name of item here)

instead of the warning system being used now - Are you really sure you want to destroy this item ? (what item ?)

soze

I am a FH squatter
Tears said:
I have to agree here, Ive had nothing but good support from the GM's since returning, rightnow queries have been answered professionaly and quickly - you tend to find that if you conduct your query in a calm adult manor they will treat you with the same respect - Flaming on FH is not the right way to go about this.

There have been a few posts lately pulling at Requiel and its getting quite pathetic now, he does an outstanding job IMO

/agree

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
What I think has already been posted... THINK before you destroy ANYTHING.. even if the neckie had same graphics as the SI neckie, you should check where it was before destroying anything.

Agree with Tears, I think Gm's are doing a good job, and they deserve less shit for it than this. Only thing I've had trouble with was RN, but I think that's because my stupid email keeps blocking replies, or maybe it's because of stupid issues that solve themselves eventually xD

To original poster:
Tough luck, best bet would be to find a RoG neckie with similar stats, or do new template.

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
and i could have had the display bug when i was destroying the necklace, but noone will know.

i dont think Goa cant see it in their logs (if i had display bug) and the ingame warning system could be greatly improved (its useless tbh - should pop up with the name when you try to destroy an item)

i just know suddenly i didnt have Ancient Copper Necklace in my inventory anymore and i dont know how it was gone, can only speculate how it happened (display bug, poor warning system from the game when trying to destroy an item (when having 2 similar looking items))

and i dont think Goa's customer support will give me the benefit of doubt (of display bug) or admit that the warning system ingame is simply too poor.

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
Some guy who bought plats on ebay, got slapped for it

EBay? Ebay? another misguided youth....

I was accused and assumed i bought plats, EBAY was never mentioned . EBAY SUCKS EGGS

slapped for it. that i cannot deny although falsely accused

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
We only ever replace items if they are lost due to a fault or bug on our side. This has always been our policy and is exactly the same as Mythic's policy.

I've personaly had items replaced by mythic when they have been lost due to human error. This is because Mythic run good customer support and arn't going to punish their users to never get a certain item ever again because of a simple human error.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Sollac said:
EBay? Ebay? another misguided youth....

I was accused and assumed i bought plats, EBAY was never mentioned . EBAY SUCKS EGGS

slapped for it. that i cannot deny although falsely accused

So cute you keep trying to deny it

And everybody knows that Ebay is just the word that's used for buying stuff via sites/irc/forums etc

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
please keep this thread on topic guys :p

it means quite alot to me atm :(

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
So cute you keep trying to deny it

And everybody knows that Ebay is just the word that's used for buying stuff via sites/irc/forums etc

making narrowminded assumptions? (the he traded witha known offender so must be an offender himself, erm innocent until proven guilty! JUst cos GOA say Im guilty doesnt prove anything, unless they provide proof.

Like me calling you a hamster shagger :eek7: , its not true unless i can prove it to you with proof i can/willing to show u :p (Photographs, etc in this instance)

dont matter what u think, what I think, what anyone thinks, GOA can think what they want with whatever reasons they want......

THATS THE CoC!!!

GOA customer service sucks compared to Mythic's, only GOA is to blame.
Saying that doesn't mean Requiel is a bad person, Just he has rules he has to follow laid down by the COMPANY he works for, we all have policies we have to follow (well those that work for a living!)...

Given what REquiel has to deal with, he probably does an excellent job, sure GOA should alter some of its policies to make his job easier and our lives enjoyable.

Anyway thats a different thread

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Earl said:
I've personaly had items replaced by mythic when they have been lost due to human error. This is because Mythic run good customer support and arn't going to punish their users to never get a certain item ever again because of a simple human error.
I'm not going to comment on what Mythic CSR's may or may not do as I don't work for that company. However their official policy on item restoration can be read here.

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Item Reimbursement Policy
=========================
Items will not be reimbursed for any reason except one. If you lose an item due to a game anomaly or verified bug, we will investigate the issue, and determine if we can reimburse in each instance. Only Team Leads and above can reimburse items, and only after proper and thorough investigation.

That's the US version alright...

But regarding the neckie, that will never need a repair so it's not gonna be any issues with wearing it down to 0 durability and then getting a new one by claming you accidentally destroyed it.
Why not just reset that quest and let him do the encounter again...
Shouldn't be impossible and would be a nice gesture.

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
Btw, how come goa replace deleted characters with all their items back? Hmm... let me think! It works for them because the customer will continue paying the account ;)

-. -.-- -.-.

Fledgling Freddie
9am
GOA monkey 1 'Morning all!'
GOA monkey 2 'Morning!'
11am
GOA monkey 1 'Hey man, check this out, I just started randomly picking emails from the rightnever inbox and a dude claims to have deleted his ACN by accident'
GOA monkey 2 'HaHaHa really? Lets follow our GOA rule-set and setup an automatic reply filter for that query saying 'Don't care, tough luck' to all the other people who email us saying the same thing'
GOA monkey 1 'Yeah, good idea. That way we don't have todo anything all day'
GOA monkey 2 'Why don't we just do the same thing with 99% of all other problems we get?'
GOA monkey 1 'Good idea!"
GOA monkey 2 'I mean.. the only reason were here is to push the restart button on servers when they get updated or crash right?'
GOA monkey 1 ' Yup'

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Shanaia said:

Forgot It was against the law to say your opinion if you played anything but DaoC for a short matter of time.

but hey I Only played Us for 8 months with a short WoW break

Retard

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom