Requiel whats wrong with support ?

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
the abomos quest you get from droig if i remember its the one that you have to go to the bottom of tur suil and kill abomos its not an easy quest at least 2fgs probbly wise.

But the necky is comparable to that of the padriean it may not have the resisits but i thinks its got a heal charge that you can use on other people. I know ive used to to heal stealthers getting back inside keeps. if i dig out the stats ill post here but im lazy :D

reggie

Fledgling Freddie
Greetings
There is no evidence of a bug, you destroyed the necklace. It is not going to be replaced.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

Customer (REGINALD WALSMIT) 09/15/2004 02:32 PM
ok well but you could check when i did obtain the necklace which was not long ago :p. Which means the durability was no less then 99% max.
Also there's the display bug.How else coudl there have been a 2nd midgard portal necklace the next day when i log on right there in my inventory. Maybe the logs showed i destroyed the necklace exactly the same day as i reported missing the necklace ? That would have been me destroying the display bugged portal necklace then. I just think the least thing you can do is check my journal logs and see when i obtained the necklace which wasnt long ago.

You might not realize but this is necklace is used in ranger templates like at least 75% of the time, simply coz of its high util and fitting.
The only other necklace i can think about to come close to its util is necklace of the clouds. However this necklace has 4 all dual wield which is often dismissed in ranger templates since toa artifacts in a template are more important then having celtic dual and celtic dual often is the skillchoice that gets the least priority.

--------------

Thats like saying any bug that isnt fixed isnt there. Only once its fixed we acknowledge there's been a bug.
That plus why admit your own faulty portal necklace system which simply assures things like this will happen.

Bug or not it doesnt matter but its great to see how they take the trouble to see if you clicked destroy but wont go beyond that. I guess thats what i pay support for. Even without bug it would take them little trouble to check log a week back and see i only just then obtained the necklace so i wouldnt even have a reason to destroy it on purpose even if i did.

Support, for what again ?

I'd get all the support in the world if i was unable to pay my subscription due to a fault in their billing system. Phonenumber, email, everything i wish for. They've got an entire team waiting to help you out personally.

Would be funny if they'd draw the line there exactly the same way. They'd not make alot of money.

See the difference. I do.

reggie

Fledgling Freddie
ah yeah thats a quest i stsill have to finish. After reading the journal about that i gotta go deep inside a dungeon and need friends etc etc i thought hell know sounds hard.

But ah well ofcourse ill never ever use any necklace from any quest again now. Ill only use something i can replace no matter how good the quest item is since its useless with the current portal system.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
all that you have to do is not overload your character with junk. Ive always had the policy that the last page of my inventory is for stuff i do not under any circumstances delete. ITs made up of my secondary staff, skiff, spellcraft box, + my neckies always go in i ensure that everything i dont want deleting always goes into the last 8 boxes. If ive got too much stuff on me i stick it on my vaults or vault keeper.

I think your trying to go out into rvr loaded up with everything you will possibly need such as end regen pots health pots arrows. But whats the point in taking all that stuff if you get str debuffed ?

just leave your last inventory box for all the important items or if its bugged the first 8 slots.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Awarkle said:
all that you have to do is not overload your character with junk. Ive always had the policy that the last page of my inventory is for stuff i do not under any circumstances delete. ITs made up of my secondary staff, skiff, spellcraft box, + my neckies always go in i ensure that everything i dont want deleting always goes into the last 8 boxes. If ive got too much stuff on me i stick it on my vaults or vault keeper.

I think your trying to go out into rvr loaded up with everything you will possibly need such as end regen pots health pots arrows. But whats the point in taking all that stuff if you get str debuffed ?

just leave your last inventory box for all the important items or if its bugged the first 8 slots.
Wouldn't it be better if the bug got fixed though? Instead of having to rely on workarounds?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm, tricky matter tbh..

On one hand, the guy claims its a displaybug behind, on the other he might want a new neckie if it was very worn down. Check when Quest was done to see if the purpose is a fraud or not, if it isnt, an easy solution would be a questreset. Only reason I'd even suggest a questreset is the fact that I am 100% sure displaybugs occur, and quite often aswell.

Funniest I've had is this one :)

sshot033.jpg

anyhooo.. that necklace is the best neckie in the game i think, and impossible to replace. Sad if it cant be sorted out somehow, I believe its beeing used in more than 75% of templates as someone suggested tbh, i'd guess around 95%.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
your pet is a highlander? :p

funniest display bug ive had is where my runie turned into a thane (to me i had my name and looks, to everyone else i had turned into my thane :p )

i even had 1900hps at the time (had gotten thane's stats :p )

we met some hibs in uppland when i teamed with mystikstew and i got grappled and ignored, apparently you couldnt see if i was casting or not so it looked like a thane standing nice and still but i was debuff nuking (i died anyway, was like 5 hibs vs us 2 :) )

illu

Part of the furniture
2000+ views on this post - surely just reset Reggie's quest?

After this there should be a Reggie's law whereby if you destroy a necklace by accident you should get it back in the same state (only for items that are 1 time quests).

Oli - Illu

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
2000+ views on this post - surely just reset Reggie's quest?

After this there should be a Reggie's law whereby if you destroy a necklace by accident you should get it back in the same state (only for items that are 1 time quests).

Oli - Illu
no, why? there's no proof that it was this mysterious display bug (never encountered it myself) and until that's proven, the only FACT is that he did initiate the destroy and accepted it.

tough it may be, but GOA has to stand behind it's policy ... no matter how "unfair" it seems to some people ...

unless of course someone else was given back stuff in the past (givf character name, date, item etc... not just a "friends mate") then there would be grounds to complain of course :)

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Chrystina said:
no, why? there's no proof that it was this mysterious display bug (never encountered it myself) and until that's proven, the only FACT is that he did initiate the destroy and accepted it.

How can you prove it if it's a random bug? :p

Strangest bug I've had recently was logging in, couple of seconds later I 'joined' a group with a scout next to me... neither of us had given or accepted an invite . Strange things happen in this game oO

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Chrystina said:

tough it may be, but GOA has to stand behind it's policy ... no matter how "unfair" it seems to some people ...

unless of course someone else was given back stuff in the past (givf character name, date, item etc... not just a "friends mate") then there would be grounds to complain of course :)

if you have a displaybug so that the necklace actually look like if it is a teleportnecklace and destroy it.. Then explain how on earth one is supposed to prove it?

We all _know_ displaybugs occurs, we all also know that those displaybugs occur in different versions (can be anything from viewing other realms chatlogs/syslogs to items dissapearing temporarily from inventorys to things that change name totally), we also know that nobody deliberately would destroy a questitem that is used by practically everyone if it is in good condition, we also know that it may be a try to a fraud (someone who want a new neckie due to low dur, a tip here tho, never repair that necklace and it stick on 70% con forever and you dont loose any function from it until Mythic fix that bug) and we also know that it is possible to check how long ago the quest was done in order to estimate how worn down the item might be.

If it is so that the threadcreator blatantly is lying and simply made the mistake to destroy it then he have no just cause, but if it is a displaybug that made him believe it was a necklace of no use he destroyed, then he actually do have a just cause. And neither GOA or the threadcreator can prove anything, since I dont believe displaybugs are logged at all in any system and are traceable.
GOA cant really force ppl to screenshot everything they destroy in order to have some sort of proof of what they actually destroyed and we cant force GOA to fix displaybugs so the situation has to be resolved via ordinary diplomatic communication here. I do not agree with making a "cry-me-a-river-thread" here in the matter, the guy should have PMd Erivoss or Requiel directly and explained exactly what has happened, otoh I dont agree with GOA's principal actions either but I cant see them act any differently without creating future problems for themselves in the form of other complaints coming in if they publically accept the bug and do a questreset. It should have been discussed in silence and solved in a customerfriendly way. Thats what I would have done both in the threadcreators and GOAs place.

/rant off

Leinal

Fledgling Freddie
Mistake or not, just a poor game desing on this aspect, is like having a button on "Command" that suicide ur char, and u would never get it back. If u press it u are stupid, but more stupid is have it there to ppl to press it.

But hey!, I personally am on the side that think that a game should not bring u headache.

illu

Part of the furniture
Chrystina said:

I think you're being a bit harsh there bud.
Say you accidentally destroy an artifact which is a one time drop / quest - you can only ever have it once, then surely there should be a way of getting it back - be it only the quest reset or whatever - but you shouldn't have to live in fear of destroying something - only to find that your character that you have spent 2 years playing will now be at a disadvantage to the rest of the playing field over human error?

I just think if the item is irreplaceable - ie 1 time quest etc, then the policy should be that the item is replaced to the same durability that you had it, or that the quest be reset so that you can do it again.

Even if they couldn't prove what the durability was - this should be the policy with all items, it's a crap fact that one day all these items we have on us will eventually break, after the many hours getting the scrolls, getting the item and xp it up.

Oli - Illu

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
I think you're being a bit harsh there bud.
Say you accidentally destroy an artifact which is a one time drop / quest - you can only ever have it once, then surely there should be a way of getting it back - be it only the quest reset or whatever - but you shouldn't have to live in fear of destroying something - only to find that your character that you have spent 2 years playing will now be at a disadvantage to the rest of the playing field over human error?

I just think if the item is irreplaceable - ie 1 time quest etc, then the policy should be that the item is replaced to the same durability that you had it, or that the quest be reset so that you can do it again.

Even if they couldn't prove what the durability was - this should be the policy with all items, it's a crap fact that one day all these items we have on us will eventually break, after the many hours getting the scrolls, getting the item and xp it up.

Oli - Illu
sometimes you have to be harsh, otherwise GOA would spend a lot of time just restoring items and quests for ppl who had an accident ... people would start to be careless, 'coz "hey! GOA will restore it anyway, why should I bother being careful!" ... see the problem?

if they do it ONCE they'll have to bend over and over again and take it up their a.... you get the idea, right? :)

imo let this accident be a warning to everyone to be VERY careful with their stuff and double-check actions like /destroy or /salvage ...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
UndyingAngel said:
Thats Crap anyway I was told when I lost Spear of Kings due to a bug when I logged that it wouldnt be replaced and I would haev to get it again .. :p I mean whats up with that

means u CAN get it again the ordinary way. if it was activated id guess they would have replaced it for u.... that spear isnt to hard to get anyway...

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Chrystina said:
and double-check actions like /destroy or /salvage ...
Yeah... Because that's easy to do with the bug we've been describing?

You aren't getting it, are you?

Right click what looks like one item but in reality is another. (Even text description mismatches)
Shift-D
"Do you really want to destroy this item?" - This item, it doesn't say the name of what you're destroying.

See the problem?

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
Yeah... Because that's easy to do with the bug we've been describing?

You aren't getting it, are you?

Right click what looks like one item but in reality is another. (Even text description mismatches)
Shift-D
"Do you really want to destroy this item?" - This item, it doesn't say the name of what you're destroying.

See the problem?

yer i see the problem, i just described the problem to them in rightnow (yes i destroyed my Ancient Copper Necklace too - and i dont know how it happened, but i have a theory that i mismatched it with another teleport necklace i had in inventory)

so atm i have my main useless (Gobo - merc) and rightnow wont do shit to help me :(

the reply i got was :

Hello again,
I understand your frustration however we cannot and will not make an exception or change our policy in this case. You destroyed the necklace and thus the loss was entirely at your own choice. Common sense should dictate that you double check when destroying any item like this as any such action is irreversible. I am sorry but as you chose to destroy the item and it was not destroyed by a bug in the game then we canot replace it for you.

Yours sincerely,

how can you doublecheck something when youre told

do you really want to destroy this item (you dont get name told - the item could be anything)

the only thing you can see is that the teleport necklace is 100 % alike the Ancient Copper Necklace and you dont realise the error before you have pressed shift - D

atm im seriously thinking of quitting DAOC

i just ruined my template and i cant transfer the neckie from any of my other chars (non tradeable) and there is no Necklaces even close in util to Ancient Copper Necklace.

even if i farmed a ok necklace i still had to farm new mp chain and new items to fit in with the new necklace.

im sooo dissapointed in rightnow (GOA's customer support - non existant tbh) :puke: :puke:

they really need to change their policy against customers or they will prob be without customers soon.

<---- fucking sad atm and mad :(

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Why are all these old threads being bumped?
Don't destroy stuff when you're tired. Thousands of other people manage not to delete important stuff every day. Why should Goa have to pick up after your mistake? And yes I've accidentally salvaged my masterpiece SCed shield instead of repairing it or sold recently crafted MPs back to merchants by mistake more times than I care to remember but it's my own stupid fault for doing it. People have done much worse stuff like giving artifacts to guards, there comes a point when you need to take responsibility for your own actions I'm afraid.

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
Why are all these old threads being bumped?
Don't destroy stuff when you're tired. Thousands of other people manage not to delete important stuff every day. Why should Goa have to pick up after your mistake? And yes I've accidentally salvaged my masterpiece SCed shield instead of repairing it or sold recently crafted MPs back to merchants by mistake more times than I care to remember but it's my own stupid fault for doing it. People have done much worse stuff like giving artifacts to guards, there comes a point when you need to take responsibility for your own actions I'm afraid.

well im bumping this old thread cause i can relate to it atm and i want some attention to this problem with (peridian necklace, ancient copper necklace and whatever mid necklace is called)

and you say you have salvaged your mp shield, well you can craft another mp shield, i cant get my 1 time quest necklace back (quests can only be done once)

the problem with this necklace is that it looks 100 % the other neckies you buy to port.

now try to select your 80 % util and press shift D (dont accept thou, rightnow wont help you ;P )

you will get a text like this - Do you really want to destroy this item ?

and your cursor will be moving around with the Neckie icon (from your inventory)

There is no way in hell you can see if you have selected the right necklace

(the text warning you get dont help you, neither does the icon since its 100 % alike the teleport neckies you buy from the merchant)

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
why didnt they make Ancient Copper necklace tradeable or non destroyable

Kerubis Scythe (a item required for foppish sleeves artifact), when farming scrolls you get some of them, they cant be destroyed even thou they are not a 1 time drop (there is no reason to make that item non destroyable since you get tons of them)

it just doesnt make any sense :p

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
We only ever replace items if they are lost due to a fault or bug on our side. This has always been our policy and is exactly the same as Mythic's policy.
If you destroy an item, sell it to a merchant accidentally, salvage it, drop it onthe ground and let it decay, trade it by accident or whatever then we will not replace it at all.

I understand that it's frustrating when an item you really want for your template is lost however we have to draw a line somewhere as to what we will and will not replace. We took the decision at the start that we would only replace items where the loss is our fault, if it's down to your error then I'm sorry, but you have to accept the consequences of your own actions.

sorry but, wrong.

Mythics CSR's are very helpful overall and give back items that accidently have been sold to merchants etc.. Maleg fucked up our guildhouse on Merlin, he accidently downgraded it somehow and CSR upgraded it without a problem, I accidently sold a silly buffbracer on Malegs toon, we got it back, etc etc.. been a cpl incidents where we have gotten the help we actually needed. Even if it was smaller stuff that might seem unimportant.

so no, you are very wrong in what you say about Mythic here. And I believe GOA do have a ton to learn from them aswell.

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
slight diversion from subject but notice GOA havent replied again?

They don't care about the community, just the money we pay them for play something that in their words "Doesn't exist".

European Community Manager, is a JOB, but doesnt have compassion or the ability to take each "Incident" on what ever merits. :eek7:

Its gone, the one time drop you have is gone.."our decision is Final", :worthy:

nuff said.

Perhaps Germany did win the 2nd world war and we just don't Know it :twak:

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Shike said:
sorry but, wrong.

Mythics CSR's are very helpful overall and give back items that accidently have been sold to merchants etc.. Maleg fucked up our guildhouse on Merlin, he accidently downgraded it somehow and CSR upgraded it without a problem, I accidently sold a silly buffbracer on Malegs toon, we got it back, etc etc.. been a cpl incidents where we have gotten the help we actually needed. Even if it was smaller stuff that might seem unimportant.

so no, you are very wrong in what you say about Mythic here. And I believe GOA do have a ton to learn from them aswell.

Yeah gotta agree with Shike here.
More less the same shizle have happened to me or friends.

ACN neckace on ground etc etc.

And Requiel to be quite honest.
We dont help you cause you did a mistake. I.E deleting a certain item.

I mean imagine if Real Life support on things where like that.

1. Im at Airport I accidentely pour my coffe over the ticket its completely wasted and torned to pieces. I got o a desk clerk say this happened. he says Nope sorry your mistake buy a new one.

I mean cmon.

We dont help you cause you did it on your own is pretty much the most stupid thing Ive ever heard.

Mythic may be jerks and the CSR's can be pretty silly sometimes. but atleast they are ALWAYS very polite and ALWAYS give help even though it might not be the help you want.

You on the other hand just turns back and says fuck off basically

thumbs down

There is actually not a surprise people quits and more and more leaves for Mythic's services over GoA's

there is actually so many europeans on the Us servers now so its always rvr for example ;)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
I've been playing since day 1 too.

I must have accidentally sold at least 30 pieces of MP armour to merchants over that time, as crafting is mind-numbing and makes your brain turn to mush. I've also sold a malamis belt, and several other high-value items.

Life goes on. It's annoying, but if GMs restored items just like that there would be thousands of requests every week. It's very similar to the people who blame Spellcrafters when they get +25 charisma instead of constitution on their MP chain legs...it's your fault for not checking; get over it.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Cruhar said:
I have had this sort of 'misinformation' aswell..

I had in the button of my Inventory
Slot 1 - 100 arrows
Slot 2 - 100 arrows
Slot 3 - 100 arrows
Slot 4 - 100 arrows
Slot 5 - Belt of the Sun
Slot 6 - Panning Tool
Slot 7 - Breathing pot
Slot 8 - Breathing pot

Then I needed to drop an item as I didnt have any room for a ticket in my inventory, so I decide to drop my panning tool as I didnt have any plans to make more arrows....

I Open Inventory to find this:

Slot 1 - 100 arrows
Slot 2 - 100 arrows
Slot 3 - 100 arrows
Slot 4 - 100 arrows
Slot 5 - Panning Tool
Slot 6 - Breathing pot
Slot 7 - Breathing pot
Slot 8 - Free

Belt of sun missing... Looked in the other pages of my inventory and vault ... gone...

Bit fustrated I go back to the stable master to buy the ticket, and get told I dont have any room in my inventory... I decide to re-arrange my inventory so my Pots are at futhest down slots again ... and as I move them down and drop my panning tool on the group, another piece of panningtool is hidden behind the first panning tool ... I think I maybe didnt drop it on the ground after all, having a bit of fps lag ... so I pick it up again and drop it on the ground ... Got the message that I had dropped Belt of Sun on the ground .. I use F7 and pick it up, and its back.....

It might be client flaws, but its as much bad progamming as lack of reading from the players side imo...

Didnt RightNOW it as it never happend since

I have had that a few times with a full pack always the bottom slot hidden

censi

Can't get enough of FH
there is definetly a bug with the full inventory.

Usually what happens is 1-7 of the slots in the last bag show empty when they are not. If you grab an item and move it down into the empty slot you reveal whats in there.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
eggy said:
I've been playing since day 1 too.

I must have accidentally sold at least 30 pieces of MP armour to merchants over that time, as crafting is mind-numbing and makes your brain turn to mush. I've also sold a malamis belt, and several other high-value items.

Life goes on. It's annoying, but if GMs restored items just like that there would be thousands of requests every week. It's very similar to the people who blame Spellcrafters when they get +25 charisma instead of constitution on their MP chain legs...it's your fault for not checking; get over it.

Ouch, about yer mistakes there :D

Life do go on, ofc.. but, the system do work in the US, with helpful CSR's, and yet you say doom at once and say there will be thousands of requests every week. If it works in place A, why wouldnt it work in place B? After a while people will learn what is tolerable from the support and whats not.

And we all make mistakes somehow, difference between good service and bad service is that with good service you get help to rectify the error made, bad service is turning the back to it and say: Suit yourself, you fucked up, chew it up and piss off while hiding behind a lousy companypolicy.

I work alot with support and my general rule of thumb is simple:

If it is in my power to help a customer, I do so, nomatter what it is about. Im a genuin serviceperson by nature though and in the bottomline, customers are what pays my salary, so I need to keep em happy. GOA doesnt in some areas realise that they arent the ones doing us customers a favour, we are doing them a favour since we choose to pay for their services and therefore allow them to exist as a company.

DirtyDiana

Fledgling Freddie
Lets start a strike and cancel our subs untill they apologise for their shitty service :twak: they will soon reply if their is no money in for next month ... twats their is no need to be so arse reaming like that. Its obvious their is a bug if so many people are replying with the SAME goings on. Fooking twats .. im soo pissed off that i pay for them to be like that. I just /pray i wont need to ever contact them. We pay for a product, that product is found to have bugs at various times. IMO that means we are getting something that doesnt work and is not what we pay for. God damn im so angry that people can be like that ... ohh yea just remebered arent they french? .. nuff said sorry for the string of crap i just typed but GOA ... you need to inlist your whole company on some sort of customer support course .. or if not jump off a bridge.... or maybe the cheaper option just reset the quest for these customers who are filling your pockets ... tossers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom