Requiel whats wrong with support ?

reggie

Fledgling Freddie
hi,

Since you a daoc gm i was wondering whats your thought on this.

Im a hibernian ranger on excaliber.

After getting my template done after weeks of headaches and crunching on a calculator i've been playing rvr for a straight week pretty much hours a day.

A few days back i log on again ready for more rvr, this was in druim ligen. I buy a necklace to odin's gate and i put it on. I then notice a 2nd necklace to odin's gate in my inventory and destroy it. Then i realize i didnt even have a necklace on when i logged on before putting the portal necklace on me.

I should have been logged on with my Paidrean necklace, quest necklace, on my neck but it was gone.

I used rightnow to ask for a replacement of this necklace and after waiting for them to check logs they said i destroyed it myself and after showing the confirmation box i clicked yes.

Well i can imagine this can happen in the chaos of group chats or whatever is going on at the time of me destroying an i think portal necklace and switching necklaces 50 times a day plus buying wrong necklaces and destroying those etc etc. Still strange i didnt notice the day before that that in odin's gate i wasnt wearing any Paidrean necklace anymore.

Anyway so human error is possible, which gets increased significantly by having portal necklaces look exactly the same as any other necklace if you rvr all day long.

However support refuses to give me a new necklace ?? This is a non tradable Shrouded Isles QUEST necklace which was brand new. If they would have bothered to check logs further they would have seen i did the Lost Seed quest a last time maybe a week or 2 weeks max before to obtain the necklace on the 3rd try so durability couldnt even have been lower then 99% most likely, and im sure it was 100% durability.

Plus i was wearing a brand new tamplate which was also based on wearing exactly that necklace. The Paidrean Necklace.
Now i can just throw away my brand new armor which cost me weeks of using kort's calculator to make it the template i wanted it to be. All useless now since the paidrean necklace is irreplacable.
Not to mention my future templates possibilities will be severely handicapped since the paidrean necklace is a very important and highly used high util necky in any ranger template.
If i could buy a new one i would, if i could use my 2nd char to get the quest item i would also but since its a non tradable item its impossible for me to get it again ever.

Is this the kinda support europe gives after playing this game since day 1 of retail ?????
I dont call this support whatsoever for a paying customer and i believe customers have way more rights then this slapping my fingers for making a human mistake like im a little 8 year old kid who by accident did something wrong. What am i paying for then ? Could be me but i always thought i payed to enjoy a product and to expect services if something is faulty.

In this case the fault is having frontier portal necklaces look exactly like any necklace you are wearing and be unforgivable if after so many times that one moment when you just click the same routine again, destroying a portal necklace you dont need, ( while busy with doing other things like talking to a friend who wont shut up in the room you are playing, or guild mates asking a question, or group members discussing tactics etc.) and you happen to destroy the wrong one this time around.

I get more support from any coffee machine manufacturer in the entire world if i by accident drop my coffee maker machine then i do from european daoc support by according to them accidentally destroying a quest item while they mythic are the ones making portal necklaces look like any other necklace in the game.
Hell there's even a way of insurance to get back what you invested in for pretty much any other product sold in the world be it by the manufacturer itself or by an insurance company

It's funny to see a customer gets the most support options, an email adres and a phonenumber even !, if something's wrong with their billing!

God forbid they wont be able to pay for a service which from that moment on will only support them if they get stuck and all proper support is being thrown out of the window.

What pisses me off the most is that even though i now wasted about 20p on a template i cant ever use this template again during my entire in game life with daoc.
That plus its asumed im lying to them and i destroyed a low durability item which i find highly insulting towards me.

Could be me but i dont think any product service supplier can treat their customers like that can they ? Since thats exactly what they are doing, insulting the customer, without bothering with any further investigation since hey its just a game so lets treat the customers in a childish manner also since isnt that what a game is, childish ?

Hell i bet if i wanted to i could get any lawyer to make a good case out of this. Any item in the game might be property of mythic but its not according to the law that companies can treat their customer with disrespect with insufficient evidence since there's no logs they checked before the destruction of the necklace. Asuming has never been a fundamental descision in judging someone's mistake, nor will it ever be.

I as a customer pay for a property owned by mythic and for paying i should get service if there's something faulty about their product, simple as that.

All is good, i just dont like being treated with disrespect since i consider myself an honest person.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
We only ever replace items if they are lost due to a fault or bug on our side. This has always been our policy and is exactly the same as Mythic's policy.
If you destroy an item, sell it to a merchant accidentally, salvage it, drop it onthe ground and let it decay, trade it by accident or whatever then we will not replace it at all.

I understand that it's frustrating when an item you really want for your template is lost however we have to draw a line somewhere as to what we will and will not replace. We took the decision at the start that we would only replace items where the loss is our fault, if it's down to your error then I'm sorry, but you have to accept the consequences of your own actions.

Sarnat

Fledgling Freddie
If they'd replace items "destroyed by mistake", then everyone could just "accidently" shift+d their broken artifact/whatever and get a new one.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
We only ever replace items if they are lost due to a fault or bug on our side. This has always been our policy and is exactly the same as Mythic's policy.
If you destroy an item, sell it to a merchant accidentally, salvage it, drop it onthe ground and let it decay, trade it by accident or whatever then we will not replace it at all.

I understand that it's frustrating when an item you really want for your template is lost however we have to draw a line somewhere as to what we will and will not replace. We took the decision at the start that we would only replace items where the loss is our fault, if it's down to your error then I'm sorry, but you have to accept the consequences of your own actions.

Not to question your work, Requiel, as I know that you work hard and for our good, but if Reggie have had nearly same bug as me, then it would have been the games fault, and not his.

He said it showed the teleport necklace to him, so he destroyed it.

Once when I was out with my Shadowblade, I was envenoming my weapons, a difficult problem, as I replace 2 parts each and every time I want to put on new poison, as I desire the better poisons.

Once a good while back, when I was done envenoming my weapons, I noticed I hadn't shifted my leggings back, as it was not the envenomous (sp?) leggings that was displayed in my inventory, so I shifted around again, only to see I still didnt have the envenomous leggings in my inventory...
It showed I had gotten a bug that changed the display name of my item as the other of the same equipment slot, but with "shift+i" I found out which was the envenomous and after that I recolored my shift-parts so I could always see if I had right on and the bug first "repaired" itself when next patch came.

If he had the same bug, the Necklace he destroyed would have been displayed as a teleport necklace UNLESS he did a "shift+i" on it, which would be quite unnormal to do, as you dont expect such a bug...

And if the bug is only a display bug, then the log you have will show he destroyes the quest-necklace, while he "really" destroyed a teleport neckie according to his own screen..

Just think that is worth considering?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
reggie said:
Could be me but i always thought i payed to enjoy a product and to expect services if something is faulty.

Hell i bet if i wanted to i could get any lawyer to make a good case out of this. Any item in the game might be property of mythic but its not according to the law that companies can treat their customer with disrespect with insufficient evidence since there's no logs they checked before the destruction of the necklace. Asuming has never been a fundamental descision in judging someone's mistake, nor will it ever be.

i should get service if there's something faulty about their product, simple as that.

1.) i maybe wrong, but customer service is free usualy. i dunno if this is the case with GOA, but customer service dont get their wages directly from the customers. they are funded from different departments, therefore your money doesnt pay for customer service in any way.
2.) sounds like you just made a law up and taking GOA to court over this would cost you more than its worth :touch:
3.) you dont pay for a product, i think being allowed to play DAOC by GOA is probably classed as a service so its not the same as a faulty product if a service doesnt work.

maybe it is shit they wont replace the necklace, but you cant say anything to change their mind ;) trust me, its better if you forgot about it rather than arguing and getting stressed.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
best bet is to just search for a rog with similar resists, and deal with the lower resists. easier than making a new template

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
reggie said:

Get that off the man on the TV? He told me that if I threw myself down a flight of stairs and broke my neck I could sue the people who built my house. Why don't you try that?

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Thats Crap anyway I was told when I lost Spear of Kings due to a bug when I logged that it wouldnt be replaced and I would haev to get it again .. :p I mean whats up with that

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
I have had this sort of 'misinformation' aswell..

I had in the button of my Inventory
Slot 1 - 100 arrows
Slot 2 - 100 arrows
Slot 3 - 100 arrows
Slot 4 - 100 arrows
Slot 5 - Belt of the Sun
Slot 6 - Panning Tool
Slot 7 - Breathing pot
Slot 8 - Breathing pot

Then I needed to drop an item as I didnt have any room for a ticket in my inventory, so I decide to drop my panning tool as I didnt have any plans to make more arrows....

I Open Inventory to find this:

Slot 1 - 100 arrows
Slot 2 - 100 arrows
Slot 3 - 100 arrows
Slot 4 - 100 arrows
Slot 5 - Panning Tool
Slot 6 - Breathing pot
Slot 7 - Breathing pot
Slot 8 - Free

Belt of sun missing... Looked in the other pages of my inventory and vault ... gone...

Bit fustrated I go back to the stable master to buy the ticket, and get told I dont have any room in my inventory... I decide to re-arrange my inventory so my Pots are at futhest down slots again ... and as I move them down and drop my panning tool on the group, another piece of panningtool is hidden behind the first panning tool ... I think I maybe didnt drop it on the ground after all, having a bit of fps lag ... so I pick it up again and drop it on the ground ... Got the message that I had dropped Belt of Sun on the ground .. I use F7 and pick it up, and its back.....

It might be client flaws, but its as much bad progamming as lack of reading from the players side imo...

Didnt RightNOW it as it never happend since

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
reggie said:
In this case the fault is having frontier portal necklaces look exactly like any necklace you are wearing
No the fault was yours, bitching and whinging won't bring it back and it shouldn't. I'd rather have GOA doing other things than replacing items that careless people destroyed by "mistake". People make mistakes but that doesn't mean GOA should sort it out.

Hufner

Fledgling Freddie
Point on this to consider as well - this might have been a client display bug, or it might have been you too focused on yourtemplate to realize what you were really destroying...
But how can this be proven?
A known bug of the kind "Might happen every blue moon" can't be verified.
So how can GOA find the right balance between handing out new items to every player who decides he wants a change and a player that truly has been subject of an untraceable bug without making their workload 1000 times larger?
Their policy has been clear on this from the start, and even though it's a pain for you - it's a fair policy all in all.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
One little tip, never ever /destroy items, and if you do, read what you are destroying.

Instead try and sell the items, most decent one off gear is not sellable, and so you get told to sod off my merchants.

I know this is a bit late for your case, but it helps prevent further losses. I tend also not to use the last page of my backpack, and if I am nearly full, the last few slots show as empty, and are not.

Appendix

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:

Please, thats a pathetic excuse. He made an honest mistake. All you have to do is reset the quest for him. You have every right to hide behind company policy but if you care at all about what your customers think of you (and you should), you would help him out here.

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Appendix said:
Please, thats a pathetic excuse. He made an honest mistake. All you have to do is reset the quest for him. You have every right to hide behind company policy but if you care at all about what your customers think of you (and you should), you would help him out here.
Where is the difference between making an honest mistake and claiming an honest mistake? Can you prove it?

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Appendix said:

I disgaree, its a fair and honest excuse. He made a stupid mistake, which any one could've made I guess, but it doesn't detract from the fact that GOA should not have to fix it for him. Otherwise they'd be fixing stupid mistakes all day, rather than doing their job of keeping the game running.

If someone mistakes one item for another and accidentally destroys it, its their look out. I don't think any less of Requiel, and doubt many here do, for sticking to a sensible company line about the non-replacement of items destroyed by carelessness. Maybe the player should learn to be less careless rather than be continually mothered by GOA and have their items replaced.

The few dealings I've had with customer support have been very good. They have responded to my queries promptly and fixed any problems I have had promptly. But this request falls under tha catergory of jusy plain daft.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
A guy in my guild accidentally salvaged his Salamander Tail H2H claw. Should he get a free replacement? No.

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
A guy in my guild accidentally salvaged his Salamander Tail H2H claw. Should he get a free replacement? No.

Gawd, the number of times I've accidentally started salvaging an item I was intending to repair and only just moved in time to cancel the job. Still, I wouldn't like to write to GOA about it if I actually made that error.

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic have improved the game so much, remember when porters only ported once? And that you couldn't bind in the border keep? And how many horse routes have been added? And that you can now /release house? They even put in hasteners, and a lot of other things to make things easier and less frustrating for people.

But the useless porting necklace method that's from the stone age is still in the game.

Useless really, things like this only happen because of it.

Deleting/salvaging/selling something by accident, sure, your own dumb fault. But things like deleting/selling/dropping/losing the 4x 10% resist necklace happens quite regularly to people and only because of the stupid idiot porting method that's being used atm.

Cyfr

Banned
This has always been our policy and is exactly the same as Mythic's policy.
Incorrect, i've had friends get items replaced because they accidently sold it to a merchant or something, on the US servers.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Cyfr said:
Incorrect, i've had friends get items replaced because they accidently sold it to a merchant or something, on the US servers.
And I've had the same too... on the EU servers :m00:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
you clicked the "accept" button im afraid, so you agreed to do it (although its an honest mistake :( )

shame you didnt take a SS of you destroying it :p

though i suppose it would be hard to prove even with a SS :(

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Cyfr said:

Then it could be considered a breach of policy rather than a new policy in itself.

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
Paidrean Necklace
Level 50 item

No trade
No sell
No destroy <-- kthnx

If this is true then GoA should explain whats going on rly ;s

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:

I've salvaged my armour a few times now instead of repairing them. Kind of embarasing running around in bare feet

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:

With all due respect, there is a bug currently in the game that affect items placed in the last inventory bag. Slots show as free when they are not, item icons/names swapped to be incorrect etcetera.

It happens quite frequently when trading with people and ending up with a full inventory - that the last few slots show as empty until you swap items around into those spots. (can happen without trading, but it's more common then)

It is worth considering that this might have been exactly what happened. (both for Goa and the original poster)

Edit: Oh and Vinter, Beaded Resisting Stones isn't flagged as "No Destroy", atleast not my version. You sure it's flagged as "No Destroy" for Paidrean?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:
I know this is a bit late for your case, but it helps prevent further losses. I tend also not to use the last page of my backpack, and if I am nearly full, the last few slots show as empty, and are not.
Had that a lot with my hunter when loaded up with arrows, spare bow would vanish. had to watch what I was doing :)

Xplo

Banned
GOA policy about items isn't costumer friendly and should be reviewed.

Animus

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
Paidrean Necklace
Level 50 item

No trade
No sell
No destroy <-- kthnx

The "No destroy <-- kthnx" is a suggestion me thinks.

I've had the display once or twice as well. Thankfully i always notice the error before done salvaging or so.

Replace his item, only honest thing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom