Renown gear confusion!

Ellicul

Fledgling Freddie
Hi all, just a quickie here cos it's probably just me being stupid...

I have a level 16 witch elf who is rr14.....now it seems I can't get any good renown gear? the stuff that requires rr14 has a level requirement of about 19/20, so I can't use it. Am I missing some merchants somewhere or have I gained too high a renown rank for my level? I don't see the point to keep my renown rank approx the same as my level if the gear doesn't match up.

Anyone able to help?

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
That's how it is and it's not much you can do about it, it will be all good at lvl 40 :>

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
im rr28 and its all shit still.

Well almost no shaman gear gives will and wounds so basically no matter what RR I am it's all gonna be shit for me ;)

Int seems to be very popular for shaman gear atm for some reason, almost all quests give int items aswell. I don't think Mythic wants me to be a healer!

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
I personally like the weaponskill on sets. Zealots can do insane burst damage with their toothpick. :)

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
the common Renown Gear is just a fill-in for people that level explicitly by PvP.
You get better gear from killed players as well as from PQs.

Renown Gear only becomes interesting after RR45+.

waiman

Fledgling Freddie
the only decent rr gear that youll get will start from rr35, the annihilator set.. and thats just for the wards it gives you, and then its only good for pve then..

but wards are essential for pve bosses, the dmg reduction is crazy.. as for all round rr gear, i think it starts around 45 as cylan said.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
You don't just get damage reduction from the wards you get a damage buff.

10% up to 50% for both damage reduced incoming and damage increased outgoing.
( only applies to certain npcs - never to players ).

That said - I think we'll see total gear overhauls some point soon - the itemisation is really bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom