Renown points

Tigersans

Fledgling Freddie
Whats everyones oppinions on the renown points to spend for RVR.

I think they are pretty bland, i love the pvp but compared to DAOC, RPs could be used to increase blocking if a tank, extra abilities etc etc. It really gave a sense of achievement.

On looking at the renown rewards, i feel there is not much there it all seems to me being a mage, + inteligence or + 5% renown points or with a few that give me plus damage at a later date.

It seems to me a lot of RVR to get not very good areas to spend points.

It may be me as im only RR13 at the mo, whats everyone elses oppinions? or do the points we spend really have an effect on RVR?

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture

I think they are pretty bland, i love the pvp but compared to DAOC, RPs could be used to increase blocking if a tank, extra abilities etc etc. It really gave a sense of achievement.

On looking at the renown rewards, i feel there is not much there it all seems to me being a mage, + inteligence or + 5% renown points or with a few that give me plus damage at a later date.

It seems to me a lot of RVR to get not very good areas to spend points.

It may be me as im only RR13 at the mo, whats everyone elses oppinions? or do the points we spend really have an effect on RVR?

Tbh,i think its pretty early to say.

Lets see when more are lvl 40 :)

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think you need to be level 40 to look at the Renown Trainer's and view what is available and pass some judgement upon it in all honesty, especially as full judgement could only really be given at Rank 40/Renown Rank 80.

I've looked over them myself and must agree, I find them a bit lack-lustre, a bit of +stats or resistance here and there, tactics that are pretty much completely uninteresting to a healing focused character (at 40/80 - on the way there of course some of the tactics are desired), and no abilities at all as yet. Hopefully this is being looked into and more will be added at some point, especially when you look in your Abilities Book and there is a section/filter available for Renown abilities there.

It's the same with the Renown Gear, for the most part the stat distribution appears to be done without thought, almost like it was automatically generated with a few conditions set (1 primary stat, 1 secondary stat, the majority of the rest being tertiary and possibly a few exclusions though I'm doubtful of that..). One AM set I have seen on WarDB (which I pray to whoever is not accurate) has set bonuses of +70 Strength and +5% Melee Crit...

Basically - I think every reward related to Renown needs to be looked at and given an overhaul already. That is of course strictly from the stand point of a healing focused Archmage.

Caylan Raal

Fledgling Freddie
i think as you get into the higher reknown ranks you actually get more mastery pts to spend above the 25 you get at lvl 40. I "think" its 1 extra mastery point at reknown ranks 40, 60, 70 and 80...

So basically higher reknown ranks get you a few extra abilities in you rmastery path, or allows you to raise a secondary mastery path higher.

think i read somewhere that at rr100 you get 1 "phantom" point to all mastery levels, not allowing for any extra abilities, but increasing the path for purposese of effieicency in that path.

Cant recall where i read this - but allows i think up to 29 mastery pts instead of 25. So reknown rank adds more than just the reknown abilities themselves :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
think i read somewhere that at rr100 you get 1 "phantom" point to all mastery levels, not allowing for any extra abilities, but increasing the path for purposese of effieicency in that path.

Well, it would be phantom indeed, rr100 dosent exist. Max is 80! :)

Caylan Raal

Fledgling Freddie
Well, it would be phantom indeed, rr100 dosent exist. Max is 80! :)

Guess what i read was a mistake then :) - but i did read it somewhere! honest! ... i did :(... may have been a discussion during beta or somet before things were finalised - had a drink since then so not sure anymore.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
i think as you get into the higher reknown ranks you actually get more mastery pts to spend above the 25 you get at lvl 40. I "think" its 1 extra mastery point at reknown ranks 40, 60, 70 and 80...

So basically higher reknown ranks get you a few extra abilities in you rmastery path, or allows you to raise a secondary mastery path higher.

Cant recall where i read this - but allows i think up to 29 mastery pts instead of 25. So reknown rank adds more than just the reknown abilities themselves :)

I read that too, however the "phantom point" for all lines was said to be given at RR80. So you get to spend 29 points and get one as bonus for calculation purposes to all lines.

At least thats the urban legend. :)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy

The RA system in DaoC had a major problem in that some realm abilities were class defining abilites. This just made RvR unfair and less enjoyable for people who couldn't yet get these abilities.

Mythic have tried to resolve this problem by making sure all the essential abilities are given to each class automatically. Tanks get charge etc.

I don't think that the abilities in WAR are that different from DaoC in terms of power its just that in WAR we start at rr6 (DaoC wise) and already have the important abilities.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
The RA system in DAOC didn't really exist at launch, at least not the rewards. Give the game time, this can be addressed later.

Tigersans

Fledgling Freddie
Heyyy Aiteal,

Hi bud hows things with you, not seen you in ages....

Gr8 to hear your still around.

Im on Karag dron server, with a few from our old guild.. Shame i didnt know so many peopel from Hib have gone to warhammer seen a lot of old faces but scattered over so many diferrent servers ;-(.

Shame we couldnt have arranged to all be on same servers.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
It was in Mythic's intentions to not build a system so much unbalancing between higher rr and lower ones.
I won't keep my expectations high on them changing it from what it is right now.

rynnor

Rockhound
If Renown abilities were too powerfull it becomes a barrier that discourages new people - this is a factor in why DAOC went downhill - people needed so many pre-requisites such as TOA Master Levels and a fistfull of RA's that it pretty much killed the game.

I expect Mythic will have learned from this - dont expect to see uber renown abilities in Warhammer but conversely you may actually see new people coming in regularly.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Heyyy Aiteal,

Hi bud hows things with you, not seen you in ages....

Gr8 to hear your still around.

Im on Karag dron server, with a few from our old guild.. Shame i didnt know so many peopel from Hib have gone to warhammer seen a lot of old faces but scattered over so many diferrent servers ;-(.

Shame we couldnt have arranged to all be on same servers.

Well, I'm on Vlag playing with a RL mate as a black-orc/shaman duo
and I play a witch hunter on Hirn

Tbh, Vlag is kinda low in numbers
So I dare say we will switch to a higher populated server whilst we are still in T1

what side/guild are you on in Dron?

Tigersans

Fledgling Freddie
Hi m8,

Im destruction side, i wanted to play originally as order as I preferred the ranger style character in beta, but a few mates from Na Suinn wanted to go destructions I went destruction.

Mainly on Sorc at mo named Tomee..

Tiawhyn

Fledgling Freddie
Hi m8,

Im destruction side, i wanted to play originally as order as I preferred the ranger style character in beta, but a few mates from Na Suinn wanted to go destructions I went destruction.

Mainly on Sorc at mo named Tomee..

<innocent look>
I have no idea what you are talking about m8.
</innocent look>

;)

It's nice to see so many familiar names from DaoC, guilds and players. Makes me feel right at home again :)

And I think that indeed it is a good thing that the rewards for rr aren't as game breaking as the rr's in Daoc where a rr9 had a big advantage over a rr2. The rewards could use a little tweaking though I agree, but that will be looked along the way i think.

*edit cuz i speel gud

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Grand
I'll have a chat with the mate and see if he fancys moving to a higher pop server, we're T1 atm, and some nights there is next to no-one in the T1 BGs

Provided he agrees and the wife lets me play this weekend I'll hopefully see you online :)

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
hey up ait, you tore yourself away from AoC then? :)

got a few friends over on borlok dest side that im playing with atm.

take care fella,

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
hey up ait, you tore yourself away from AoC then? :)

got a few friends over on borlok dest side that im playing with atm.

take care fella,

still playing AoC
For small-scale PvP it's much better imo, nothing liek getting revenge on a ganker with a fatality :)
But big zergs and keep takes in WaR are good fun too

Odd thing is that fupping WaR doesn't run any better on my super-dooper new PC than AoC did :)

had any word from Pet, Don, Bo or the other EH guys?

Toel

Loyal Freddie
If Renown abilities were too powerfull it becomes a barrier that discourages new people - this is a factor in why DAOC went downhill - people needed so many pre-requisites such as TOA Master Levels and a fistfull of RA's that it pretty much killed the game.

I expect Mythic will have learned from this - dont expect to see uber renown abilities in Warhammer but conversely you may actually see new people coming in regularly.

That is very true, but I do think they could have been a bit more creative. Then again this can easily be added later on and is hardly an issue at this time.

Afran

Part of the furniture
The abilities you gain through RP's aren't nearly as powerful as those in DAoC; but they are going to make a difference, and for me as a min/max'er they're very important :p

That's not to say I wouldn't welcome more gain through RP's though, maybe similar to set bonus stuff at certain RR's ^^

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
still playing AoC
For small-scale PvP it's much better imo, nothing liek getting revenge on a ganker with a fatality :)
But big zergs and keep takes in WaR are good fun too

Odd thing is that fupping WaR doesn't run any better on my super-dooper new PC than AoC did :)

had any word from Pet, Don, Bo or the other EH guys?

nah no word from the old EH crew unfortunately

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom