[HELP] renown calculations

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Here you can see my magus, lemonhead with 934 renown for serpents passage scenario, i joned the scenario from the beginning.

Is it just a gimpy magus, or something else with the calculations?

RENOWN.jpg

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Renown calculation is completely buggered to be honest. On my shaman, as top healer with some damage thrown in for good meassure i consistently get way below what most others get, despite influencing the game in a big way. Feels like the game just does a /random and adds bonus for damage done.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Magus and Engineer suffer a lot because we dont get kills a lot of our "style" is healer pressure by dropping damage across a whole group.

It looks like we're doing a lot but our effective DPS ( I'm r40 engi ) is actually much lower.

PS: Try and get in groups with healers as their renown is shared w/ the group from healing.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
hmm how the hell did 1 guy almost get 6k RP there? :O

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Level and renown rank seems to play a BIG part. Which of them plays the bigger part of the two I can't say.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
hmm how the hell did 1 guy almost get 6k RP there? :O

T4 healers can do 10k+ renown in one game, seen a guildy of mine do 12k in 1 serpents passage ( he did do 300k healing though ).

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
It's utterly buggered tbh, there seems to be no rhime nor reason to any of it.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Level (and level difference) makes a big difference. Renown Rank makes a difference too but I think by quite alot less.

The people who got the most Renown were the two level 31 destruction players who probably did the least to help your side win.

The people on order with the most Renown were also level 31, 33 and 31.

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
From what I've noticed it comes down to your own renown rank and your enemies rank.

I'd get 800 renown in an entire scenario for healing a mere 50k, yet when I healed for around 100k I'd get 400 renown.

Sadly I didn't check my opponents ranks, but from my solo experience with a witch elf a bolstered target gives a whole lot less than one that isn't.

Perhaps you were unlucky with you being dead during a massive killing spree from your group? Perhaps the other group did most damage to the targets and thus their healers had gained more renown as they were not only getting renown from killing enemies, but having to constantly keep their team mates up?

I don't know. >:

ECA

I am a FH squatter
From what I've noticed it comes down to your own renown rank and your enemies rank.

I'd get 800 renown in an entire scenario for healing a mere 50k, yet when I healed for around 100k I'd get 400 renown.

Sadly I didn't check my opponents ranks, but from my solo experience with a witch elf a bolstered target gives a whole lot less than one that isn't.

Perhaps you were unlucky with you being dead during a massive killing spree from your group? Perhaps the other group did most damage to the targets and thus their healers had gained more renown as they were not only getting renown from killing enemies, but having to constantly keep their team mates up?

I don't know. >:

You share renown with your group, so if in situation one you were in a 4 man group and situation 2 a 6 man group then that would explain it :)

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
tbh its really pissing me off, i am consistantly top healer in scenarios and consistantly bottom of the rp table. Maybe its time to ditch t3 and move to to t4 and see if things change any.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
level 40, so lowest renown per kill

compared to the other level 40 there you were involved in less kills, so less RP overall.

If you've got healers in your group you get RP from them healing - if you've got a group with no healers you won't get any of that.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
i would say healing, but he was out healed so must be level as well...

:m00:

He was probably not in any grp providing he only has 6 kills. So he would not have to share any of the renown he got with grp members.

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
They really need to fix "soloing" in scenarios. I don't do it out of principle but if you join grp 3+ in the scenario and is alone in it you easily get a few k RPs.
Damage classes had the advantage to go solo and gain great xp, healers go solo and gain tons of rps just no xp at all.
If you don't do the most damage on a player you just get the left overs and that isn't much.

Reading your log i say you had bad healers in grp and rarely killed your targets. that together with rank 40 and probably high rr rank (give you less rps) its understandable.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I play scenarios for fun and exp.

The healer hypocrites first complain about people playing out of group because they can't use group based spells on them and then later solo on their own because they've found a RP gain exploit.

Certain DAoC guilds which used radar, now have members here asking for fairness.

What a double-standard bullshit.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
T
Reading your log i say you had bad healers in grp and rarely killed your targets.

Am a magus, i am not meant to kill just harass, or as mythic it put it just wait around to ambush people as i am a defensive caster. Who wants to camp a spot waiting for enemy......

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
will see what its like soloing later and post some screenies, i get fuk all heals anyway, not enough high level magus around for people to understand chaotic rifts, and aoe

Pandemic

Fledgling Freddie
you get 1 renown per kill if the person is 5 or more renown ranks below you. so at rr 39 most players i am against are worth nothing, conversely they get over 1000 for killing me :)

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
Am a magus, i am not meant to kill just harass, or as mythic it put it just wait around to ambush people as i am a defensive caster. Who wants to camp a spot waiting for enemy......

I know, thats why so little points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom