relics

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Bracken said:
I mean, what's more likely to change people's behaviour? Bitching at them and telling them how to play the game (which is what you ARE doing), or engaging them in primetime fights which they discover are a lot more fun?

its funny you should say that because the very specific group of people I am talking about and it is a very small group cannot and would not be there at primetime and it aint their fault. But by deciding to do what they want to do whenever they want to they affect everyone else. I am not telling them to do anything I am telling them they won't get much respect from me if they continue to do it. It is of course their choice but don't complain if no-one thinks its fun.

Losing fights - who cares tbh I am well used to losing fights and after all its a game.

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
From what i can gather the majority of people do not like (including me) what this small group is doing during the night, but in effect they are doing nothing wrong at all. All they are doing is attacking a keep when most of the realm is unavailable to defend, regardless of time. If they constantly took keeps at 9am in the morning then it would be the same arguement as many of the players would either be working or at school/college.

The arguement will always be 'I/we wasn't online so they shouldn't be allowed'

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
hmn, relics..

I think without relics there would be a lesser roleplay side to the game as you'd only be able to take keeps but not actually venture into enemy lands and capture merlins staff etc with a huge force. However the bonuses they give are extremely unbalanced making it very difficult beat some1 in melee who has 20% extra damage than you (taking into fact the same gear etc)

found kagato the otherday, albs having relics at this point, hit my ikkle warrior for almost 900, almost fell off my fookin char lol :worthy:

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
How about every keep havinga relic type reward inside? Hibs grab the Beno relic and entire Hib Realm gets 10% xp bonus while its held etc.

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
the only reason people whine about the relics is when they dont have them....

notice a few months ago mids and hibs hardly came out to play as they had no relics...

mids took them back with hib help and they came back out to play, and albs stayed in .

its pretty much how things are.

But goes to show that all the power crazy wannabeeees are in mid and hib as they have all buggered off toglastonbury.. and left the real die hards on excalibur.

We albused to the are used to the hard slog of battle and the routine defeat to the mid zerg or the hib pbaoe spam...

but realise that we will still fight whether we get relic bonus or not....

as quitters are losers and we aint losers.. For King Arthur!!!!

ps. dont be afraid to fight without buffs... doesnt make you any less of a fighter, in fact it makes you more determined to find an enemy weakness and exploit it........killing a buffed opponent is pure joy.

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
Sollac said:
the only reason people whine about the relics is when they dont have them....

notice a few months ago mids and hibs hardly came out to play as they had no relics...

mids took them back with hib help and they came back out to play, and albs stayed in .

its pretty much how things are.

But goes to show that all the power crazy wannabeeees are in mid and hib as they have all buggered off toglastonbury.. and left the real die hards on excalibur.

We albused to the are used to the hard slog of battle and the routine defeat to the mid zerg or the hib pbaoe spam...

but realise that we will still fight whether we get relic bonus or not....

as quitters are losers and we aint losers.. For King Arthur!!!!

ps. dont be afraid to fight without buffs... doesnt make you any less of a fighter, in fact it makes you more determined to find an enemy weakness and exploit it........killing a buffed opponent is pure joy.

You've only had the relics for 2 weeks, it sounds like its been for months lol

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Im there should be no actual relic, well there could be, but just say everykeep in the frontier has a relic, each relic gives just say 2% bonuse instead of 10, but there are 7 keeps per frontier if im correct.

But each relic has a different affect ie, melle dmg, melle speed, style dmg.
spell dmg, spell range, spell speed. And last one could be like 10% rp bonuses or exp bonuses.

Make having 1 relic or 2 relics not completly overpowerering. And each keep you take there is a relic inside which you can take back to your own frontier keep.

This would imo promote more keep/tower takes, which they game was designed for, and might even lead to more advanced siege machinery or other stuff.

illu

Part of the furniture
brad said:
Im there should be no actual relic, well there could be, but just say everykeep in the frontier has a relic, each relic gives just say 2% bonuse instead of 10, but there are 7 keeps per frontier if im correct.

But each relic has a different affect ie, melle dmg, melle speed, style dmg.
spell dmg, spell range, spell speed. And last one could be like 10% rp bonuses or exp bonuses.

Make having 1 relic or 2 relics not completly overpowerering. And each keep you take there is a relic inside which you can take back to your own frontier keep.

This would imo promote more keep/tower takes, which they game was designed for, and might even lead to more advanced siege machinery or other stuff.

I'd give it 3 weeks before Albs had all of them :>

Oli - Illu

Ging

Part of the furniture
givf sapping ability so u can sneak in undetected! that would fooking rox! you would have to buy pickaxes and spades from seige merchs and wood to sure up the tunnel with, have sapping points around the keeps, u could have two methods one to weaken the wall and another to tunnel through to the courtyard for a sneak attack.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
BlackrazoR said:
I, like most people IRL, work. I work odd shifts patterns and so sometimes I don't start playing DAoC until midnight or so. If I then happen to be involved or initiate a relic raid is it lame? If so I apologise and I will inform my employer that I need "Primetime DAoC" off everyday of the week. :eek7:

if we kick out the sarcasm and just think about it with common sense i'm sad to say that initating a relic raid when most ppl has gone to bed is lame. doesn't matter if you can't play any other hours, taking a relic at a time when most of your opposition either is sleeping or are going to in the near future is well within the boundaries of being lame. it is indeed a good tactic, but lame never the less.

the real opposition in taking a keep is the enemy players, and if you have a reduced number of those the challenge goes away. you might not agree with me here, but i think the relics where designed to be a challenge to capture. and since the PvE-run keep guards can be handled without much distress, the relic take becomes more of an ruitine than a challenge.

and i think you would agree with me when i say that if you're relics where in peril, wouldn't you want to have the chance to defend them? :)

edit: just want to point out that i don't hold any grudge against you or anyone that decides to take a tower/keep/relic during the night. although i do hold a grudge to ppl that gloat about thier wftpwn relic raidz0r skillz that night or the next morning.

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
Wow I hadn't realised that I was lame :( . 24/7 game should mean 24/7 play with all the options open to every player. 'Nuff said.

Out of interest if 20 people from Hib happen to not be able to come online during a relic raid does take make whoever is doing the relic raid lame? How about 40 people? What if it is an hour before "Primetime"? How exactly are you intending to set boundaries? It seems to be that "lame" consitutes anytime that you and your friends aren't online to get pwned by me when I take relics. Oh and FYI I haven't ever been involved in a relic raid that started after 2300hrs GMT. :cheers: .

illu

Part of the furniture
I think the whole situation with relics can be pretty much summed up like this:

(GS=Graveyard shift)

MIDs
AM Some around
PM Some around
Evening Main Force Out
GS Very Small Numbers out
Conclusion: Mids like to kill things and they like STR Relics. If Mids lose STR Relics, they get disheartened. Mids don't like Albs. Mids don't like GS Raids as they are tired the next day for work. Mids do ok but are lazy bastards.

ALBs
AM Some around
PM Some around
Evening Main Force Out
GS Small Numbers out + a few high RR optimised groups (tower/keep bashing crew)
Conclusion: Albs like to chip away and grind enemy down. They will not give up. They are like the Borg. They take over everything. Albs don't like Mids. Everything is payback for when Mids and Hibs had Relics for 2 years. Albs have strength in numbers, and do well generally.

HIBs
AM Some around
PM Some around
Evening Main force out
GS Very Small numbers out
Conclusion: Everyone feels sorry for hibs as there are less of them. Everyone loves a luri. They are a pretty mean bunch to fight. Their casters are evil with their stun and Bainshees will destroy anyone in keep defense. Hibs don't like Albs much. Hibs are like little SAS ninjas. There aren't many of them, but the ones around are deadly.

and

Everyone dislikes everyone fundementally.
The Daywalkers (ppl with jobs) dislike the nightwalkers (shiftworkers/students/oversea players).

And the general gripe seems to be - Why take your relics back, when they can be taken back at any time while we are sleeping or at work?

And the reply will always be - this is a 24/7 game, we can do what we like, when we like.

I think the problem at the end of the day is that the game is indeed 24/7, but the players are not. There is a basic health reason or work reason why most people have to go to sleep - and that is where the problem is. If we were all robots and didn't need to sleep or leave our computers - sure - the game would be pretty even, but unfortunately, that isn't the case.

Nothing can be done about when people take relics, but things can be done to try and take them back. All it takes is for a whole realm to pull its finger out and make good groups, get organised and go take a keep. I'm sure balance will be restored soon. (still not quite sure how we're going to take Renaris but Hurb that is further away should be easier).

Oli - Illu

pinkey

Fledgling Freddie
Ging said:
givf sapping ability so u can sneak in undetected! that would fooking rox! you would have to buy pickaxes and spades from seige merchs and wood to sure up the tunnel with, have sapping points around the keeps, u could have two methods one to weaken the wall and another to tunnel through to the courtyard for a sneak attack.

plz give :)

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
BlackrazoR said:
Wow I hadn't realised that I was lame :( . 24/7 game should mean 24/7 play with all the options open to every player. 'Nuff said.

doesn't matter if it's a 24/7 game. hitting something major like an relic with most you or opposition not being able to defend due to being asleep is lame. so is doing a raid when you know most of the opposition is pre occupied with some ML-raid or something like that. it's good timeing and a good tactic and an excellent time to do a relic raid but it doesn't how ever change the fact that it's lame.

BlackrazoR said:
Out of interest if 20 people from Hib happen to not be able to come online during a relic raid does take make whoever is doing the relic raid lame? How about 40 people? What if it is an hour before "Primetime"? How exactly are you intending to set boundaries? It seems to be that "lame" consitutes anytime that you and your friends aren't online to get pwned by me when I take relics.

there is no specific boudaries and if you just think about it i think you can agree with me here. like doing a relic raid at 10 in the morning on a wensday when most ppl are at work/school isn't really fair game. same as going for it in the middle of the night when most ppl are asleep since they have to get up at a reasonable time in the morning. i don't think how i can put it any clearer than that.

it's not against the rules and it's not a bad move (actually it's a great move to increase the possibility of success) but at the end of the day i just can't see how you can disagree with me on this.

BlackrazoR said:
Oh and FYI I haven't ever been involved in a relic raid that started after 2300hrs GMT. :cheers: .

i never claim you did and i wouldn't hold it against you if you was involved in one or even organized one. i'm just stating an general fact that attacking an enemy realm when most of your enemies are asleep is lame*.

* i wish i had a better word for it but i just can't think of any other :(

edit: and as i posted before, i'm not going to hold it against anyone except the ppl that do it and gloat about it afterwards. a good example being this: https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=182898

Mnexxiz

Fledgling Freddie
Really no need. Just needs a good leader to get the job done in prime time.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Arumos said:
found kagato the otherday, albs having relics at this point, hit my ikkle warrior for almost 900, almost fell off my fookin char lol :worthy:

Shame we havent managed to have a clean fight yet, to many adds about alas.

You were luckier then this guy today though

1115hit.JPG

Guess its back to normal damage now :(

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Relics should just be removed :x. Replace them with teddy bears and rubber duckies that each give +5% exp to the realm or something!

Drav

Loyal Freddie
pjuppe said:
doesn't matter if it's a 24/7 game. hitting something major like an relic with most you or opposition not being able to defend due to being asleep is lame. so is doing a raid when you know most of the opposition is pre occupied with some ML-raid or something like that. it's good timeing and a good tactic and an excellent time to do a relic raid but it doesn't how ever change the fact that it's lame.

See thats exactly what gets me, last big RR on Alb was done when Eggys ML Rush was on, and we were gettin hit from both Mids and Hibs....I woke up about 20 mins before it was all over and dusted with Albs screaming 'OMFG RELICZORS ARE GONEZORS, LAME GITS THEY KNEW WE HAD AN ML RUSH TODAY!'

I just had a quiet chuckle to myself, it was obvious it was going to happen, Albs obviously didnt care enough for the relics to leave the ML raid and come defend them so they lost them....Fair enough. The exact same formula can be applied to Alarm Clocks though, if people from the other realms dont care enough about the precious glorious relics to stay up and defend, those who do care enough to attack for them will get them....Both just as lame.

TBH its all down to how underhanded folk can be from each realm, but its not just an alb problem thats for sure, the same can be said about the kinds of folk who roll a class that has an easy bug abuse los issues etc etc.

Fact of the matter is, if you let a realm take relics because you have no defence force, it isnt exactly the offensive realms fault. Quite happy to admit when we lost the relics due to the ML Rush it was Albs fault that we didnt have a major defence force out, if we did they might not have been taken, respect to Kagato and co who were out....Like I said I was in bed. But Ive been at a few mid attempted AC's just before that successful RR, and we managed to hold them off, which was a lotve fun and very intense, a pressure cooker of warlock pain :) but scary and edge of seat sorta RvR.

Humans do lame stuff, underhanded stuff, cheat, exploit, as of yet ACing aint against the CoC so folk will do it, rinse repeat over and over again, from all realms.

Drav

Loyal Freddie
Ging said:
you didnt hear it but i had a chuckle at you as well :)

Hey what can I say it was funneh :)

First thing jumped into my mind, while a certain relative was waving his hands around the room cussing alot, shouting at his char displayed on the monitor, and generally acting like it was the end of the world...like most other albs tbh :)

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Shame we havent managed to have a clean fight yet, to many adds about alas.

You were luckier then this guy today though

1115hit.JPG

Guess its back to normal damage now :(

lmao, nice screenie :> will look forward to the duel! :cheers:

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
After playing this Game since the European Beta and reading the RvR Forums for nearly the same time i can say.....

Albs are the worst Raiders in the History of Daoc!
Albs have no clue!
You can count the proper Raids by Albs on one Hand!
They blame everyone and everything but never themselfs
And overall they are still just Cannonfodder!

Hit me....Hit me....

Drav

Loyal Freddie
Icebreaker said:
And overall they are still just Cannonfodder!

Hit me....Hit me....

Funny actually been asking for a "Shoot me out of a cannon into a keep wall" ability for years just so my arms can actually do somethin useful at keep takes.

Not joking either.

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
Drav said:
See thats exactly what gets me, last big RR on Alb was done when Eggys ML Rush was on, and we were gettin hit from both Mids and Hibs....I woke up about 20 mins before it was all over and dusted with Albs screaming 'OMFG RELICZORS ARE GONEZORS, LAME GITS THEY KNEW WE HAD AN ML RUSH TODAY!'

I just had a quiet chuckle to myself, it was obvious it was going to happen, Albs obviously didnt care enough for the relics to leave the ML raid and come defend them so they lost them....Fair enough. The exact same formula can be applied to Alarm Clocks though, if people from the other realms dont care enough about the precious glorious relics to stay up and defend, those who do care enough to attack for them will get them....Both just as lame.

TBH its all down to how underhanded folk can be from each realm, but its not just an alb problem thats for sure, the same can be said about the kinds of folk who roll a class that has an easy bug abuse los issues etc etc.

Fact of the matter is, if you let a realm take relics because you have no defence force, it isnt exactly the offensive realms fault. Quite happy to admit when we lost the relics due to the ML Rush it was Albs fault that we didnt have a major defence force out, if we did they might not have been taken, respect to Kagato and co who were out....Like I said I was in bed. But Ive been at a few mid attempted AC's just before that successful RR, and we managed to hold them off, which was a lotve fun and very intense, a pressure cooker of warlock pain :) but scary and edge of seat sorta RvR.

Humans do lame stuff, underhanded stuff, cheat, exploit, as of yet ACing aint against the CoC so folk will do it, rinse repeat over and over again, from all realms.

Just though I'd quote as I agree with all that almost 100% :worthy: .

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
Drav said:

m8, u seriously got a huge problem called a missing RL...
Who do you live on coz u don't seem to understand the sleep/work/alarmclockraid problem?

Ging

Part of the furniture
Celestino said:
m8, u seriously got a huge problem called a missing RL...
Who do you live on coz u don't seem to understand the sleep/work/alarmclockraid problem?

Celestino m8i want you to TELL everyone here what your RL is like, tell us about the parties the supermodels, the hard working Celestino who wins accolade and admiration form all his work collegues. I prolly spend 70 hour + a week in this game, yet i sill hold down a fabulous job and now and again go out when finances allow. No i dont have a g/f but then finances dont allow for that atm either. Just bought myself a stupidly expensive home and will be paying for it for many years to come.

I DONT HAVE A RL - now castigate me for it, tell me im am subhuman because i choose to spend my free time in front of my PC instead of watching soaps/sit coms on the TV all night.

Bring it on, i look forward to hearing your reply.

PS. I was on the Mid rr by albs because i had 2 weeks off work over the xmas period and could therefore do what the fuck i wanted.

Gamah

Banned
I spend lots of time playing daoc. But I have a job, gf and I go out with friends most weekends..where does this leave your little idea Celestino?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom