Regarding server lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gayner

Fledgling Freddie
at the end of the day, peoeple will quit mythic will loose their european market and everything will go tits up.

we should stop the whine now and let it happen, its their bank balance its going to effect.

Incase your interested WOW/GW/SWG are all fine and unlaggy :)

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
No.
Voluntary actions by a 3rd party or victim break the chain of causation.

How about for causing addiction, stress, mental cruelty and depression?

DAoC (when it works) rox. GOA supply it to us and cause the addiction...
When things don't work it causes us stress so we whine... (QQ)

Constant whine (like we all do) leads to depression...

Hence you're destroying our mental stability and owe us all fortunes!!!

Or we could all forget about the stress now as the addiction kicks back in and go and play some more... (Vicious circle)

Tilda

sporez said:
funny how all the other online games providers sort LAG out very quickly. Thinking of blizzard and sony to name a few.

You dont have a good track record tbh, more than once its been found your server farm/infrastructure was the cause of the problem.

Mythic certainly dont trust GOA to run Imperator, they going to the extent and expense of opening a european office. I pretty sure they have acknowledged the player base general feeling of contempt for your company and its third rate service time and time again. Not to mention the farce that is release day for your company every time there is an expansion pack.

I wonder how many GoA employees will find jobs at Mythic Europe datacenter ?

Sporez

Blizzard still lags, and lagged badly for atleast a month after release.
I havent played sony games so dunno.

I can acctually only remember 1 occasion when lag was due to goa, and when that happened the switch was replaced the next day and lag was fixed.

Or they might have seen goa making a load of money out of a market which they previously thought was too small to bother with and decided to take a larger share of the profit rather than letting goa run, and thus take a share of it.

I wonder when you'll get a clue.

Gayner

Fledgling Freddie
star wars ( sony) dosent lag at all, blizzard lagged for the first month because of the STUPID amount of unexpected players starting, its now fixed they upgraded.

Mythic have NO exuse this game has been out YEARS.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
No.
Voluntary actions by a 3rd party or victim break the chain of causation.

bugger there goes my early retirement idea :(

Zede

Part of the furniture
its 6pm gmt and the lag on pryd is as bad as ever.

ZzZz

sporez

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:

I can acctually only remember 1 occasion when lag was due to goa, and when that happened the switch was replaced the next day and lag was fixed.

Or they might have seen goa making a load of money out of a market which they previously thought was too small to bother with and decided to take a larger share of the profit rather than letting goa run, and thus take a share of it.

another goa apologist.

/nosurprise

Zede

Part of the furniture
Im confused.

lag is just as bad after as it was before the maintenance.

so what exactly did they maintain ?

i.e. if they had not done this "maintenance" would the lag be ever woarse than it is now ? ( if thats possible !!!)

Zede

Part of the furniture
dont know if im gonna get my ass kicked for posting this but.....read on and enjoy...... ( ive cut n paste from somewhere, not sure where though :) :)

France Telecom's outstanding network expertise is recognized throughout the sector. With its ring-based architecture, state-of-the-art technologies and non-stop supervision, the network delivers a very high Quality of Service.

To prove it, we back up our top-of-the-market Service Level Agreements with a strong financial commitment.
You will also appreciate:

our 24-by-7 Customer Service Centers in Europe and the US, providing multilingual support and trouble-shooting.
the availability of our local expert teams for network engineering and deployment, located all around the world
the wealth of data on our secure-access customer extranet, including your real-time IP traffic statistics and your daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports.

In short, we will do everything to make your wholesale issues as comfortable as possible.

a real rib tickler to start your evening

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
Zede said:
Im confused.

i.e. if they had not done this "maintenance" would the lag be ever woarse than it is now ? ( if thats possible !!!)

according to Requiel the maintenance was about upgrading the OS on the server (https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showpost.php?p=823619&postcount=17) and nothing was said about the lag....

Requiel said:
It's server OS upgrades and technical backroom stuff to do with game binaries.
We're running tests at the moment and Pryd should be back up soon however I can't say exactly when because it depends on what the results of the tests are.

Tilda

Zede said:
Im confused.

The maintenance was not related to the lag. It was iirc server OS upgrades and a few server backend tweeks.
The OT maintenance should come tomorrow.

ImaNoobie

Fledgling Freddie
Zede said:
France Telecom's outstanding network expertise is recognized throughout the sector. With its ring-based architecture, state-of-the-art technologies and non-stop supervision, the network delivers a very high Quality of Service.

To prove it, we back up our top-of-the-market Service Level Agreements with a strong financial commitment.
You will also appreciate:

our 24-by-7 Customer Service Centers in Europe and the US, providing multilingual support and trouble-shooting.
the availability of our local expert teams for network engineering and deployment, located all around the world
the wealth of data on our secure-access customer extranet, including your real-time IP traffic statistics and your daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports.

In short, we will do everything to make your wholesale issues as comfortable as possible.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry :(

Requiel said:
With regards to the lag, OT have told us they are performing a major maintenance tomorrow which they are hopeful will fix the problem.

OpenTransit, France Telecom, French, Work, Major maintenance?

.....Bzzzttt..... does......... not........ Bzzzzttt......... compute.......... *fizzle*

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Are we getting some free time then? Since all I've done for the last two weeks is login, see it's unplayable, and log out again I think I deserve two weeks free.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
The maintenance was not related to the lag. It was iirc server OS upgrades and a few server backend tweeks.
The OT maintenance should come tomorrow.

i will laugh my tits off if OT make it worse.. ;)

:m00:

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I came, I saw, I logged out.

Finger's crossed for OT changes.

Darzil

Baldanah

Fledgling Freddie
Hopefully it'll be better tomorrow after the work . Just found htis on GOA news site

[18-05-2005] Maintenance on routers tomorrow morning

Tomorrow morning, May 19th starting at approximately 6h30, some maintenance will be performed on the entrance point into our network. Several routers will be updated and our network traffic will be given a higher priority.

The purpose of these updates is to solve the recent latency problems a lot of you have experienced. During the work you may experience connection problems.

http://daoc.goa.com/en/

So , fingers crossed everyone :)

[edit]
In the meantime , i'm gonna go play on US servers for the evening :p

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:

True, very true...

Now with pingplots showing between 2 & 10% packetloss on the last two steps and response times in the 600's on the same last two steps, both 193.252.XX.XX I'd put money on a comms issue internally there now as well as an OT issue...

We'll see...

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Lag Is Fucking Shite Now Fucking Sort It Out

HAVE U JUST INSTALLED A 10BASE2 LAN OR SUMMAT?

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
I hope you all die irl because I'm lagging!

lol this forum makes me laugh.

Phuzzy

Fledgling Freddie
I don't know about the rest of you but for me the lag is always a lot worse on Prydwen than it is on Excalibur.

When Excal is lag-free Pryd is still laggy.
When Excal lags, Pryd is unplayable =/

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Tilda said:

I can actually remember literally months (3+) of QQ from Mid/Pryd people who where unable to play in TOA. It was abit better on Hib/Pryd; but often unplayable too.

Anyhow beside the point; but since last wednesday I had lag *EVERY* day. I had 3 maintenances on my 'home' server which prevented me to play during 2 off my off-days (wednesdays) if I recall the dates correctly. The rest of the days there was too much lag to enjoy the RvR greatly.

So the last week was basically *SHIT*.

And perhaps it aint GOA's fault this week; and perhaps therefore they see in terms of the law no reason to refund; but it would atleast give a signal from GOA to their customers they actually care about *US*. I mean as gesture.

And for the record: I Think the Gamemasters (Xalin, Req, Zenythe) are doing an excellent job. Its just 'their bosses' doing a louzy job so far to keep the paying customers happy.

MaddogUK

Fledgling Freddie
Bleh!

GOA:- We wont compensate you because it isnt our fault!
Customer:- Well I wont pay you because it isnt my fault!

Stunned

Fledgling Freddie
Its not really important whos fault it is, aslong as it isnt the endusers. If You go to a restaurant and buy dinner, and the meat taste like shit.

Would You come back if the restaurant owner said "sorry we only get delivered rotten meat".

Finally some info on the news section though. Gl on solving the problems !

MaddogUK

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:

Really Tilda..Perhaps you should get a clue about business..Customers will only put up with poor service for so long. You can praise GOA all you like. no one cares if its them or not anymore. All they care about is paying cash for something they are not getting!

Your right about Mythic though...They see there acctually is a market here now! :touch:

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
MaddogUK said:
Really Tilda..Perhaps you should get a clue about business..Customers will only put up with poor service for so long. You can praise GOA all you like. no one cares if its them or not anymore. All they care about is paying cash for something they are not getting!

Your right about Mythic though...They see there acctually is a market here now! :touch:

lol ur one of those fanatics that parade in front of businesses with signs demanding lower prices etc arent u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom