Regarding server lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sporez

Fledgling Freddie
Lag

Ignore this tread https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=58532

Laugh at this on the GoA web page:

"Initial reports indicate that the access to our server platform is what is causing the problems. We are working on the problem both internally and with our partner OpenTransit and will continue to do so until a decent standard of service is restored and with the least delay"

Anyone in sweden that can host the servers for these incompetent muppets ? For those who dont know, sweden has 10mb lines as standard.

Opentransit is an anagram of 'please send pingplotters to us etc' for those that didnt know.

discuss ftw.

Sporez

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
sporez said:
Ignore this tread https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=58532

Laugh at this on the GoA web page:

"Initial reports indicate that the access to our server platform is what is causing the problems. We are working on the problem both internally and with our partner OpenTransit and will continue to do so until a decent standard of service is restored and with the least delay"

Anyone in sweden that can host the servers for these incompetent muppets ? For those who dont know, sweden has 10mb lines as standard.

Opentransit is an anagram of 'please send pingplotters to us etc' for those that didnt know.

discuss ftw.

Sporez
France has 2-10MB lines as standard too. It's got nothing to do with consumer lines - that's just the tech at exchanges and the physical lines themselves - but the commercial infrastructure beyond your ISP. I used to play a game hosted by Telia and the lag was crippling. Everyone used to whinge about how bad the hosting was all the time - not just isolated incidents but unplayable conditions so regular that you were genuinely surprised when there was no lag. Battlenet was possibly the worst advert for Swedish hosting ever.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I work for great big bad UK telco and they are always telling us and telling the customers how frekin great their ip network is and how it's one of the best in the world and I'm like HA!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S FUCKIN SHITE!!!!

IT'S SLOW AND 2 YEARS BEHIND EVERYONE ELSE!!!!!!!

You have to live next door to the exchange to get a 4mb link, the whole thing runs on clapped out copper and these pillocks are all patting themselves on the back.
To be fair to BT though everytime we come up with some shit-hot new system like the the new IP telephony network we are putting in now (everyone gets ADSL as standard) all the competing companies (Telewest, Energis etc) go running to OFFCOM to get it blocked cos they can't afford to compete.
It's a strange setup where competition actually holds back progress now.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
sporez said:
For those who dont know, sweden has 10mb lines as standard.

As far as I can remember GOA upgraded to 2 100MBit lines about 1 year after the release. They are probably running on 3 or 4 now.

You're and idiot if you think some pesky 10MBit lines could host something like a MMORPG.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Job said:
It's a strange setup where competition actually holds back progress now.

They've been doing it for years. One of the most advanced cable companies in the world is BT, has been for more than a decade. They aren't allowed to do it here, as that'd be 'anti-competitive'.

Darzil

shaark

Loyal Freddie
i have 20mbs line but GOA need at least 1000mbs (1TBS) for good playng so i dont think we can host 20.000 ppls:)

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
From what I can gather from all the ping plots and tracert's that people have submitted GOA are telling us the truth.
It appears to be the router just before their servers. So it looks like where the servers are being hosted is at fault.
Ping are only partially usefull as routers will drop packets from a ping if the router is maxed as it will use all its cpu to allow the traffic it is designed for.

They need to replace the router and that should fix the problem.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Darzil said:
They've been doing it for years. One of the most advanced cable companies in the world is BT, has been for more than a decade. They aren't allowed to do it here, as that'd be 'anti-competitive'.

Darzil
Im a telecoms engineer, no not for a major telco, for the NHS, but we deal with all the major providers like Energis, BT etc. Yes the progress is held back by these companies because main BT hold all the backbone cards.

ADSL is a classic example, BT own the exchanges and therefore can call whatever price they want for other telcos to run on them. BT held prices high, claiming the costs for upgrading the exchanges was making it neccessary, despite their £billion profits reported each year. It seems that BT dont bother putting their profits back into upgrading their infrastructure, proved by the amount of people who still cannot get ADSL in any form due to poor cabling excuses. So really blaming the other telcos for keeping us held back is wrong, if BT had given the telcos reasonable prices in the first place, which would be passed to the customer, everyone would be happy.

Bt suck...end of story. See www.btsuck.org for more BT related whines.

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
shaark said:
i have 20mbs line but GOA need at least 1000mbs (1TBS) for good playng so i dont think we can host 20.000 ppls:)

Why does everyone think that higher bandwith=better ping? Fix the trafic shaping and other packet handlers instead of pay shit loads of cash for extra X mbps/gbps/tbps that you won't use. :twak:

Like random fps gamer X "Hey I got worse ping when I swap to a 100mbps instead of dial-up" <<-- random gimp changed to a small ISP with f**k up peering deals and bad network handeling.

:wanker:

Xoo

Fledgling Freddie
Whatever they did a few days ago has done nothing, the lag is terrible on Prydwen atm. More or less unplayable. :mad: Guess its time to start up good ol' Pingplotter...

shaark

Loyal Freddie
Phoebee-v- said:
Why does everyone think that higher bandwith=better ping? Fix the trafic shaping and other packet handlers instead of pay shit loads of cash for extra X mbps/gbps/tbps that you won't use. :twak:

Like random fps gamer X "Hey I got worse ping when I swap to a 100mbps instead of dial-up" <<-- random gimp changed to a small ISP with f**k up peering deals and bad network handeling.

:wanker:

well m8 if u now a little about internet conexion u will understand why i need, i play lots of game online and for that u need high bandwith coze this one will give u high upload , that mean low ping and better play and btw normaly i have arrownd 15-20 ping on vietcong game and for someone with 100 ping is harder to kill me than i can kill them :cheers:

in Daoc allso when u go in rvr and r 200-300 ppls fighting u gone need high bandwith to have a smooth game and those with dial up , maybe like u who dont play lots of money on internet conexion who lagg all the time ruin sometimes the fun of rvr :drink:

Libertine

One of Freddy's beloved
The lag has been terrible this last hour, its every 5-10 seconds.

Please fix this GOA.

Thx

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
On one side I'm pissed and I want to see an extension of this period of Subs for everyone in the game, and on the other side I'm pleased we have some news.

I can't play the game atm - it's impossible - but I'm of the opinion that any change (good or bad) is good and the lag has certainly changed for the worse in the last couple of days. It at least means SOMETHING has changed therefore SOMETHING has been done.

If it's trial and error repairs, good, if it's random deterioration and it's gonna stay like this then I'll leave the game. :p

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
Well just playing now 20:14 and I have to say its the worsed its ever been for me.

I hope GOA are going to give us free game time for this utter sub standard gaming network.

FFS how long does it take to fix. If it took this long to fix in my company someones balls would be on the chopping board. We pay for this and expect a playable game.

It bad enough that we get shafted with the release date of Cats but to now have to play the game on a network that is unplayable.

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
Ning said:
France has 20mb lines as standard for 15 to 30€ a month :wanker:

My Swedish mate has a 100mb line, only costs the equivalent of £18 in KR..

Sorry but people who use the wanker smiley really piss me off.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Samaroon EatsCheese said:
100 mb wtf, ive got 1mb >.<

If it was any faster your collection of pr0n would soon fill your HDD up tho.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
The GOA servers run on the equiv. of a 1Gbit link. Bandwidth is not equal to network speed, though.. :)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Got to say I NEVER get lag, hear moans about it in the past with no problems with me.

But last week has been terrible ,unplayable tonight :(

Xoo

Fledgling Freddie
Had PingPlotter running for several hours and its not a pretty picture. :)

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Samaroon EatsCheese said:
get the feeling you dont like me ;p

Actually I don't consider you at all. Your posts narc be for bout five seconds during which time if the reply box has loaded then I'll respond but if the FH lagginess is still showing me the load bar I'll just close it and do something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom