Regarding server lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
<<-- says it all

Elitestoner said:
lol ur one of those fanatics that parade in front of businesses with signs demanding lower prices etc arent u
rofl :)

Oh well I get board of these lag .. threads they are all the same..

sporez

Fledgling Freddie
sporez said:
You dont have a good track record tbh, more than once its been found your server farm/infrastructure was the cause of the problem.

Sporez

So nice to be right again. GoA own network was the cause. Like its any surprise.

[18-05-2005] Maintenance on routers tomorrow morning

Tomorrow morning, May 19th starting at approximately 6h30, some maintenance will be performed on the entrance point into our network. Several routers will be updated and our network traffic will be given a higher priority.

The purpose of these updates is to solve the recent latency problems a lot of you have experienced. During the work you may experience connection problems.

Tilda and the other GoA apologists taste some hat.

Sporez

Libertine

One of Freddy's beloved
Tilda said:
Blizzard still lags, and lagged badly for atleast a month after release.
I havent played sony games so dunno.

I can acctually only remember 1 occasion when lag was due to goa, and when that happened the switch was replaced the next day and lag was fixed.

Or they might have seen goa making a load of money out of a market which they previously thought was too small to bother with and decided to take a larger share of the profit rather than letting goa run, and thus take a share of it.

I wonder when you'll get a clue.

I played WoW yesterday and the day before and hardly lagged in my first month (i started 3 days after release). I got no lag at all in the last few days, so your statement is incorrect. For the 24 hours i couldnt connect to WoW in my first month and the odd occasion where the server dropped for 10-20 mins i was given 8 days extra play time.

I prefer DAOC to WoW but as far as compensating their customers GOA don't have a clue.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
sporez said:
So nice to be right again. GoA own network was the cause. Like its any surprise.

Tomorrow morning, May 19th starting at approximately 6h30, some maintenance will be performed on the entrance point into our network. Several routers will be updated and our network traffic will be given a higher priority.

The purpose of these updates is to solve the recent latency problems a lot of you have experienced. During the work you may experience connection problems.

Sporez
Afraid not, It's the entrance point to our network, that is the OT router that is closest to our network. Not actually 'in' our network.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Network traffic given higher priority sounds good. I've mucked around with network prioritisation boxes before, and they can make a huge difference.

Fingers crossed.

Darzil

sporez

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Afraid not, It's the entrance point to our network, that is the OT router that is closest to our network. Not actually 'in' our network.

Damn that 'entrance point' must have been really hard to track down. No wonder you needed all those pingplotters from the playerbase.

I wonder who is responsible for the 'entrance point' ? It wouldn't be GoA by any chance renting it from France Telecom ?????

You forgot to mention how many free days you were giving out ?

keep digging dude.

Sporez

Tilda

sporez said:

Sporez

owned.

Tilda

sporez said:
Damn that 'entrance point' must have been really hard to track down. No wonder you needed all those pingplotters from the playerbase.

I wonder who is responsible for the 'entrance point' ? It wouldn't be GoA by any chance renting it from France Telecom ?????

keep digging dude.

Sporez

If you read his fucking post, its OT fucktard.

majik

Banned
sporez said:

keep digging dude.

Sporez

If you are so good and so knowledgable about how to do GoA's job, why don't you tell us why the lag was started? And while your at it you can solve it too.

sporez

Fledgling Freddie
majik said:
If you are so good and so knowledgable about how to do GoA's job, why don't you tell us why the lag was started? And while your at it you can solve it too.

err cus they are paid to do it ?

Any third line support people (in the UK at least)would have sorted it in less time than it takes to type cry me a river tilda :m00:

Sporez

MaddogUK

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:
lol ur one of those fanatics that parade in front of businesses with signs demanding lower prices etc arent u

No but obviously unlike you I like to have soemthing to show for my money spent.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
MaddogUK said:
No but obviously unlike you I like to have soemthing to show for my money spent.

never said i was happy about the lag :x but unlike you i dont just spam shit on forums all day, because after all, that will DEFINETLY solve the lag!

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
If you read his fucking post, its OT fucktard.

yet again Mod's getting away with abuseing ppl :p I get a ban for doing the exact same thing yet you get away with it time after time :p 1 rule for 1 and 1 rule for another

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Elitestoner said:
never said i was happy about the lag :x but unlike you i dont just spam shit on forums all day, because after all, that will DEFINETLY solve the lag!

<cough> yes you get "Scrounging Bastard" from sitting at home all day playing with your barbie dolls!

Gamah

Banned
UndyingAngel said:
<cough> yes you get "Scrounging Bastard" from sitting at home all day playing with your barbie dolls!

His barbie dolls come with a mouth hole..and inflatable tits.

Gamah

Banned
Na if I puncher mine, its burst for good..tis what happens when your hung like a log.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
wtf less of this 'lets all abuse elite' its mean :(

and also: i hate all of you :(

sporez

Fledgling Freddie
UndyingAngel said:
yet again Mod's getting away with abuseing ppl :p I get a ban for doing the exact same thing yet you get away with it time after time :p 1 rule for 1 and 1 rule for another

heh you noticed as well. It's normally after they lose the arguement.

Sporez

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
so how do you report a mod for acting like a 12 year old?

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
So lets get this right....

Its taken all week plus to figure out that its the router just before GOA's network that any five year old with half a brain cell could have figured out.

I'm gobsmacked that GOA have not been screeming at OT to replace the router as was suggested ages ago in this thread.

As for when and if this is fixed and who will be to blame is neiter here nore there. The only people to loose in this whole fuckup are the players and new players that purchased the game when the full boxed set came out.

We will never see those players again and our community will fizzle away as it is doing already.

I'm disguasted with GOA and im sure Mythic are as well, that they could let it get to this. They GOA have driven off new players they have blundered through all this lag issue, and the release of Cata with the attitude of its not our fault.

Indirectly it may not have been but ultimatly the feeling of the userbase will be that it was another half hearted attempt by GOA to fix something when they can be arsed.

It would go a long way for GOA to take the stance of "Yes we have fucked up (indirectly or not) and that your (the users) loyalty to our game will be rewarded with 2 weeks free game time as a good will gift"

Instead of the attitude we have been getting of "Not out fault we dont have to give you anything as it was not on our network blah blah blah"

Good will goes a long way, I should know I work in the ISP business and asnwer support calls from irate customers and you would be amazed at the change in attitude of customers when they think that the person/company they are calling responds with giving them something instead of just sending them invoices.

As apposed to saying "not our fault, sorry go away"

Ixnay

Can't get enough of FH
sporez said:
err cus they are paid to do it ?

Any third line support people (in the UK at least)would have sorted it in less time than it takes to type cry me a river tilda :m00:

Sporez

Right....

Ixnay

Can't get enough of FH
sporez said:

keep digging dude.

Sporez

Seriously Sporez please get a clue, my head hurts from reading your retarded posts :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom