Recommend some games please

O

old.Mikey

Right I've been away from the games market for about a year. Final year at Uni. and the shear cost made me stop. But I'm now working full time and looking to stock up one the games software again.

I loved half Life, Colin McCrae Rally, Red Alert.

So please recommend some games to me.

Mikey out!!

O

old.[GA] Shovel

in that case, how about Counter Strike, Colin Macrae 2.0 and Red Alert 2? ;)

O

old.Mikey

I've got RA2 coming on Friday. Cm2 sn't avaliable yet. good starting point I suppose.

Mikey out!!

G

If you liked the spg of Half-Life go for System Shock2 or Deus Ex

M

mookie

lo mikey, long time no see :)
definately recommend Deus Ex and Diablo II.
and counterstrike. but the community is full of cocky 12 year old shites :)
oh, an startrek voyager:elite force

O

Ono

If you haven't tried Counterstrike yet then DO IT.

As PCZone said in in the latest edition "the most addictive substance known to man". I agree, and it's free!

Join us on the BW CS servers and see.

Other than CS, the only other PC game to keep me going in between CS sessions is errrrr......GP3 (if your machine can hack it).

Red Alert 2 should be good though, I played a lot of Tiberium Sun over a null modem lead against my bro. That was fun.

If you have a Dreamcast too then Virtua Tennis kicks ass and also Metal Gear Solid on PSX (now on PC) is a very very fine game while it lasts.

But I would reiterate, about 90% of my total gaming time over the last year and a half has been on Counterstrike.

;p

O

old.SUp3rFM

Rune!

Ever looked at RUNE? The upcoming game that will storm you all? http://www.runegame.com

Been playing that for nights... Almost forget about UT

Rune is coming out soon... ;)

T

Testin da Cable

ooo yea!
can't wait till it's in da shops :)

O

old.SUp3rFM

It 0wns!

The final version of Rune was leaked to a warez group by a journalist. The creators were mad, read something about it in planetunreal.com

I can say is that the game is fantastic... Well, that would be expected since it's base on the UT engine :)

C

Chameleon

I recommend Puzzle Bobble. It rocks! Gives ya bad eyes though if you play it too much .............. but then so do lots of things :D

Quake3's not bad either ;)

Ch@m

O

old.Mikey

Originally posted by mookie
lo mikey, long time no see :)

Yep it's good to be back, thankfully my rig is still in good shape. Could do with a new CPU, but that is about it.

This place has changed a bit, how has everyone been then? TUG still terrorising the place with stories about his Nova?

I got my car in the end, Renault Megane 2.0 16v Coupe. Love it!

I get Red Alert 2 on Friday form Streets On-line. Can't wait.

I looked at GP3 on my mates and it didn't look that great. I've had GP1 and GP2, there wasn't enough changes and the sound was blantantly taked from GP2 :(

I'm quite tempted to get a force feedback steering wheel and Porsche Challenge.

Anyway

Mikey out!!

O

old.Davehart

Like racing games eh?

Grand Prix 3 must be top of the list.

O

old.TUG

Grand Prix Legends kix ass :D But it aint new, so... :)

O

old.Mikey

I've got Grand Prix Legends, damn good and damn hard. Sold my steering wheel, so I can't play it at the moment :(

What does it run like on a GeForce?

Mikey out!!

O

old.TUG

Runs nice on mah system with the D3D patch, DDR GF1 and shit slow PIII 650@820 but I am gettin' a new chip soon and aiming for 1.2GHz+

C

cro

Need for Speed: Porsche 2000: Buy It, Play It 9and read my review - blatant pimp but it is still installed on my PC - http://www.barrysworld.com/news/reviews/porsche2000)

Deus Ex - SPG/RPG to a new level (www.barrysworld.com/news/reviews/deusex - oh, me again? :) )

Voyager: Elite Force - SPG or MPG take your pick, both are very good (www.barrysworld.com/news/reviews/eliteforce/)

Heavy Metal FAKK2 - SPG only, huge loads of fun, even in 3rd person (www.barrysworld.com/news/reviews/hmf2)

and Crimson Skies(www.barrysworld.com/news/reviews/crimsonskies/) a fun flight sim!

All of these (bar Deus Ex for space reasons, although I have all 1.6Gb of save games archived onto CD) are still installed, and still played regularly.

I did list my games shelves here originally, but thought it a little boring, so I deleted the list.

Users who are viewing this thread