Games games games

X

Xtro 2.0

Shock.

A thread about games.

I've been thinking about buying a new game but am a bit unsure as there seems to be truckloads of decent releases coming out atm.

I don't buy many PC games anymore, I've imported a few MMO games from the US like Planetside and SWG but thats it.

Besides HL2, Homeworld 2 and Doom 3 is there anything else either out or about to come out in the next month that you'd recommend?

Oh yeah Call of Duty - will be buying that as soon as its out.

I like FPS, RPG, RTS - whatever really.

Vietcong looks amusing but I'm a bit loathe to try as i've seen complaints that not many people play and it chugs a bit? Only 20 quid atm tho.

Owt else decent out?

M

mank

I'm waiting for HL2, dunno whether it's worth getting a new graphics card though. I guess I'll wait and see how well it runs.

E

ECA

Max Payne 2 and XIII both look good and Kreed looks pretty hot as well.

L

leggy

Rainbow Six: Raven Shield is only £12.99 on play.

Pretty bloody good at that price. 35 in game.

F

FatBusinessman

Halo is coming out end of this month - might be worth a pop if you haven't already played it to death on the Xbox.

B

Bym

I love Vietcong, just the whole idea of crawling through a humid jungle and dank swamps picking off enemies with me sniper rifle, I think. It runs well on my machine at high detail (single player anyway) (2.8Ghz P4, Radeon 9800 Pro, 512Mb) but dunno the recommended specs I'm afraid.

Star Wars: Jedi Academy was just released, if that kind of thing is your cup of tea (it is mine, can't wait to get my hands on a lightsaber and start chopping people up).

Max Payne 2 (due in October); Homeworld 2 (26th September)?

Dunno.

W

Will

Neverwinter Nights is the win (see sig;)). And I just bought Jedi Academy.

[Edit] Technically leggy's post is within the CoC from my reading of it. Omni is pushing his luck though.

W

Will

Originally posted by Jonaldo
What version of NWN you play? hm nm
Well, my server is running SoU at the moment, I've got the Penultima adventure loaded. As far as I know, vanilla NWN can connect as well.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Will
Well, my server is running SoU at the moment, I've got the Penultima adventure loaded. As far as I know, vanilla NWN can connect as well.
Levels of chars playing?

W

Will

That would suggest I had set the server up longer ago than two days ago, and actually had any players other than TdC.

E

evilmonkeh

buy the decent ones and download the shitty ones.
works for me

L

leggy

Originally posted by Will
That would suggest I had set the server up longer ago than two days ago, and actually had any players other than TdC.

hehe nice :)

I ahve the game but never got into it. I was going to try it again this week as it's still installed.

I think I was trying too hard to learn all the rules :/ .. instead of just playing the game.

E

evilmonkeh

Originally posted by leggy
Rainbow Six: Raven Shield is only £12.99 on play.

Pretty bloody good at that price. 35 in game.
might have to investin that!
is it any good online?

X

Xtro 2.0

Thanks for the posts.

Well I've got Conflict Desert Storm 2 (xbox) waiting for me when I get home but as I have an appointment with Lord and Lady Extra Cold Guinness tonight I doubt I'll be playing it.

Thanks for the spot re: Raven Shield leggy. I remember Will played this when it came out, still not convinced to get it though.

Think I'll nab Vietcong cheap and get Homeworld 2 and HL2 when they come out.

I won't be bothering with Jedi Academy (thanks for the reminder Bym) as I've only just stopped playing Star Wars Galaxies and am working my way through Knights of the Old Republic on the xbox (now that is a class game).

P

Pro]v[etheus

Originally posted by Bym
I love Vietcong, just the whole idea of crawling through a humid jungle and dank swamps......

Who needs games when you can think about Bym crawling on her hands and knees through the jungle ;)

T

throdgrain

Vietcong is the most realistic game I ever played I think.
It has fps problems though, but with a good pc its not so bad. NY main problem is the motion sickness i get due to the bobroll thing, but that may well be me.
Oh, that and the fact that everyone wants to play VC base and Halong Port maps, the only two non-jungle maps on a jungle based game :(

E

evilmonkeh

Originally posted by throdgrain
Vietcong is the most realistic game I ever played I think.
It has fps problems though, but with a good pc its not so bad. NY main problem is the motion sickness i get due to the bobroll thing, but that may well be me.
Oh, that and the fact that everyone wants to play VC base and Halong Port maps, the only two non-jungle maps on a jungle based game :(
I really didnt like vietcong :(
I played the first level and got killed by 2 chaps with funny hats on.
thought there was to much recoil:(

F

FatBusinessman

Originally posted by Scurvy.monkeh
I played the first level and got killed by 2 chaps with funny hats on.

Did the funny hats look anything like....

116995.jpg

THIS???

YARRRR!!!!!

E

evilmonkeh

Originally posted by FatBusinessman
Did the funny hats look anything like....

116995.jpg

THIS???

YARRRR!!!!!
almost
it looked more like a plate though

W

Wilier

Originally posted by Scurvy.monkeh
buy the decent ones and download the shitty ones.
works for me

But our sponser is a GAME RETAILER. :eek:

X

Xtro 2.0

Played NWN single player campaign and liked it quite a lot.

Multiplayer was ok but never had time or inclination to play it properly.

2hr 40min until the pub.

ho hum.

E

evilmonkeh

Originally posted by Wilier
But our sponser is a GAME RETAILER. :eek:
still buy the decent ones tho
i just mean the ones which are novel but you would never consider buying.
such as "international horse racing manager"

W

Will

Downloading games = illegal.
This site = owned by games retailer.

Drop it already.:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread