Realm rank, Title (importance?)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Gorrion said:
High RR has nothing to do with skill or even to some extend "time played," most players does in my view never become more than rr1 noobs no skill players, and the reson is simple. . . Buffbots.
The game evolved, you didn't. Buffbot whines are soooo one (or more) year ago.

the pbaoe through wall's was a rp mashine beyond reconing, and many gained LOADS of rp from this bug and others.
This was no bug. Mythic has never stated it was a bug (nor making use of it an exploit). Why would it be a bug anyway? Because you said so?

Try this on for size. You are a thane. You no doubt spam your AoE hammers at times. Even if you have to target a visible player to make your AoE land, it will still hit people who may not be in your sight and may even--shock! horror!--hit people on the other side of a wall (such as when you AoE a pet just inside a keep door being bashed by enemies). So that makes you a bug abuser, yes, and thus just RR1 and not worthy of respect? Glad we got that out of the way.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Talking about soloing from an armsman's wiew can be kind of one sided.

I have soloed a lot with my shaman (kiting for the win :rolleyes: )
and noticed that playing against several enemies can be really tricky, or even one.

I have beaten every enemy class ingame one on one but some I won because the opposing player didnt know what to do/how to play against me, whilst I did how to play against him.

I think the best I've did solo is killing 2 infiltrators and a minstrel, or cleric, reaver + theurg.

on paper any of those trios should've won over me, but they didnt... luck? ;)

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
The game evolved, you didn't. Buffbot whines are soooo one (or more) year ago.

This was no bug. Mythic has never stated it was a bug (nor making use of it an exploit). Why would it be a bug anyway? Because you said so?

Try this on for size. You are a thane. You no doubt spam your AoE hammers at times. Even if you have to target a visible player to make your AoE land, it will still hit people who may not be in your sight and may even--shock! horror!--hit people on the other side of a wall (such as when you AoE a pet just inside a keep door being bashed by enemies). So that makes you a bug abuser, yes, and thus just RR1 and not worthy of respect? Glad we got that out of the way.

Im Stating and will do so again, Using buffbot's is = No skill noob's!!! i have no remorse in stating that and will prolly say it in comming threads again. A buffbot player will never gain my respect.

The pbaoe throug wall's was never intended by mythic, IF SO, they would leve it as it is/was "working as intended" hence a bug.

To you'r information my Mjollner spell is even not in my quick-bar anymore, have not been for a long long time, my pc cant handle keep fights and hence no AE for me, althoug the Mjollner is a spell comming down from above in a form of lightning, it does not actually "pass throug wall's or door's" like pbaoe does/did.!

I am and never will be a bug abuser or buffbot user, so im glad we got that out of the way.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:
Talking about soloing from an armsman's wiew can be kind of one sided.

I have soloed a lot with my shaman (kiting for the win :rolleyes: )
and noticed that playing against several enemies can be really tricky, or even one.

I have beaten every enemy class ingame one on one but some I won because the opposing player didnt know what to do/how to play against me, whilst I did how to play against him.

I think the best I've did solo is killing 2 infiltrators and a minstrel, or cleric, reaver + theurg.

The fact is that you simply dont know. The ONLY way you can know if a player is any good is if you a) group with them a number of times or b) fight against them a number of times. To judge a players "skill" purely on the outcome of a fight in this game is just stupid. There are waaaaay too many factors that now come into play. And not to mention they might just have 1 bad fight, which wouldnt make them a bad player nor you a good one ;)

Tbh only those in dire need of stroking their e-peen claim that the outcome of a fight is predominantly about players skill these days. Most sensible people know you actually have to spend time fighting with or against someone to really know, and that there are alot more other factors that determine an individual fight outcome;

Marc

FH is my second home
Gorrion said:
Im Stating and will do so again, Using buffbot's is = No skill noob's!!!

What an absolutely stupid thing to say. Lets break in down into an example even you may be able to understand.

Michael Schumaccer. Does he have no skill cos hes using a better car than everyone else and therefore has an advantage?

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
and if you are trying to kid yourself that winning fights solo as a fully bbd armsman indicates any level of skill, then frankly you are delusional. But hey, if you want to kid yourself otherwise and believe that all those countless conquests are all about skill, be my guest.

And no, you arent the only person that has ever run around solo as an armsman...

Firstly are you seriously trying to suggest that buffs are an advantage now? I have seen a total of 1 unbuffed soloer in the last 6 months maybe even a year lol, so my buffs are suddenly a huge advantage over every other soloer ? lol as I said you havent got a clue, virtually every single serious soloer is buffed now and I bet the majority of them have better buff bots then I have too.

And since when have I ever claimed to be the only ever solo armsman? lol why would I even claim it, its not exactly a big boast point even if I did.

Sorry but your arguments sound simply weak and petty, go pick bones with someone else.

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
What an absolutely stupid thing to say. Lets break in down into an example even you may be able to understand.

Michael Schumaccer. Does he have no skill cos hes using a better car than everyone else and therefore has an advantage?

Oh dear try think before u post somthing like this, i perfectly clear about my aguments regarding buffbots, but what you say now not even a 7year old would ever dream off.
Michael Schumaccer is truely great at what he does in his formel 1 racer, but he is not using a buffbot/Remote device to achive this, he is however using quality 100% items and maby even a artifact or two, ( in Daoc therms) "u started it" and that i can respect, he also have a great team (Guild) helping him in getting these 100% quality items implanted in his vagon, but he does NOT have a remote device that suddenly allow him to boost his speed with 300mphs or cover the car in a shild making it very hard to damage, should he crash, no.
So please take you school bag, and crawl back where u came from, coz i just DID break things down into a examble that YOU may even be able to understand.

Marc

FH is my second home
Gorrion said:
Oh dear try think before u post somthing like this, i perfectly clear about my aguments regarding buffbots, but what you say now not even a 7year old would ever dream off.
Michael Schumaccer is truely great at what he does in his formel 1 racer, but he is not using a buffbot/Remote device to achive this, he is however using quality 100% items and maby even a artifact or two, ( in Daoc therms) "u started it" and that i can respect, he also have a great team (Guild) helping him in getting these 100% quality items implanted in his vagon, but he does NOT have a remote device that suddenly allow him to boost his speed with 300mphs or cover the car in a shild making it very hard to damage, should he crash, no.
So please take you school bag, and crawl back where u came from, coz i just DID break things down into a examble that YOU may even be able to understand.

Not really, the comparison was the same but you fail to see that due to your "buffbots are lame" blinkers you have on. With your childish stance on this topic, being unable to see both sides of the argument, it is you, who should be picking up your school bag and crawling to whever it is you crawl from. Buffbots play no part in wether or not someone is skilled or not.

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
Not really, the comparison was the same but you fail to see that due to your "buffbots are lame" blinkers you have on. With your childish stance on this topic, being unable to see both sides of the argument, it is you, who should be picking up your school bag and crawling to whever it is you crawl from. Buffbots play no part in wether or not someone is skilled or not.

Both sides ???, there are no two sides in my view, be it childish or not, Buffbot players are and will be = no skill players. their shown realm rank does not reflect they have skill or not, coz of the buffbot stats and advantages. It dosent really require much maths to see that a player with 350+str 350+dex 350+qui and 350+con has a massive advantage against a player with 150 - 200 in the same stats. Even if the player with the lower stats should have a more skilled playstyle he would face sertain death in a 1vs1 fight.
So to return to the topic of this thread, Realm rank in Daoc, does NOT show how skilled a players is "unfortunately", the buffbot's destroyed this a long time ago.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Gorrion said:
The pbaoe throug wall's was never intended by mythic, IF SO, they would leve it as it is/was "working as intended" hence a bug.
Uh, no. A lot of things have been changed in NF from what they are now, that is simply a design decision with the new expansion. For instance, Determination and IP are much less effective, do you consider today's high-RR tanks with both to be exploiting. Volley will no longer go through roofs in NF, but they do now. Your arguments simply do not work.

Gorrion said:
the Mjollner is a spell comming down from above in a form of lightning, it does not actually "pass throug wall's or door's" like pbaoe does/did.!
Then explain to me how you can cast your AoE indoors? Thanes are as much bug abusers as PBAE casters.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
That is only true if your comparing a buffed player against an unbuffed player, personally I have only fought 1 unbuffed player that I can remember in about 6 months, and I say unbuffed but he did actually drop 1 single strength buff too.

Im not going to go and be rp fodder even if I would prefer a totally unbuffed playing field. If all your enemies are buffed you either have to get buffs or don't fight them.

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Uh, no. A lot of things have been changed in NF from what they are now, that is simply a design decision with the new expansion. For instance, Determination and IP are much less effective, do you consider today's high-RR tanks with both to be exploiting. Volley will no longer go through roofs in NF, but they do now. Your arguments simply do not work.

Then explain to me how you can cast your AoE indoors? Thanes are as much bug abusers as PBAE casters.

It is true that a great many things will be changed in NF, althoug must admit i dont think it will benefit rvr much, actually might make it worse.
I dont consider the use of rr skills, be it Det, or Ip as abuse, the class can get these abilityes through realm skill points, althoug the way the realm skill points was gained is another matter, has the person used a buffbot to gain his realm skill points. (if grouped with the buffer and you share realm points its another matter).
I know volley can/could be fired throug the roof, and i have always considered this a bug that needed to be fixed (do not have that ra on my hunter)

Hehe looking at the realistic view on Mjollner and other call lightning spells, i recon it should be impossible to call down lightning indoors, althoug the realism somtimes is bended in a fantasy game, but the dmg from a spell passing throug a 5feet thick unbroken wall, or a unbroken 1feet thick wooden door, is very unballancing to the game in general. this have been proved and is ofc fixed.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Gorrion said:
the dmg from a spell passing throug a 5feet thick unbroken wall, or a unbroken 1feet thick wooden door, is very unballancing to the game in general. this have been proved and is ofc fixed.
I don't see how it is unbalancing, since all realms have PBAE?

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Gorrion, you really are too much of a fanatic to see why people use buffbots.

If no one used buffbots, there would be no need for them, but nowdays if you dont have a buffbot you are in a lot weaker position than everyone else since they all will have buffs, outside group or not.(Other reason is of course that it's "legal" and no one can stop you from doing it)

Admit it, it's evolution, games evolve when the game gets older.

And for fucks sake, a lone shaman couldn't even buff his group if he wanted because mythic decided that end regen will be conc based.

Edit, Oh yeah, raise hands those that have never ever used a buffbot in PvE or RvR? come on... be honest...

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Firstly are you seriously trying to suggest that buffs are an advantage now? I have seen a total of 1 unbuffed soloer in the last 6 months maybe even a year lol, so my buffs are suddenly a huge advantage over every other soloer ? lol as I said you havent got a clue, virtually every single serious soloer is buffed now and I bet the majority of them have better buff bots then I have too.

And since when have I ever claimed to be the only ever solo armsman? lol why would I even claim it, its not exactly a big boast point even if I did.

Sorry but your arguments sound simply weak and petty, go pick bones with someone else.

lol ok I'll state again, very simply and just for you the point I made in my original post, the point you cant seem to accept. The OUTCOME of a fight is rarely about skill these days (as in whether someone really plays well), it is about a whole host of other factors, and yes Sherlock that does on occasion include buffs. It is about classes, specs, ras, artis, mls, buffs and luck, amongst other things (and thats just soloing - throw in more factors for groups). "Skill" is only a small portion of it. Which is why I said, and again just for you I'll put it simply.... you cant judge how good a player is by the outcome of an individual fight (or by his rr for that matter). Oh, and the reason I make a point that you aint the only one who has run around solo as an armsman is because you state I dont have a clue what its like. Sorry to piss on your bonfire but I know full well what its like to run round solo as an armsman, as do many others, and thats why Im saying the outcome of an individual fight dont mean a thing as to how good a player is. Quite simply, fully buffed and toad as an armsman you basically shouldnt lose to most classes. That doesnt mean you dont play well, it just means that in itself it doesnt mean shit.

But anyways, keep stroking your e-peen when you wtfpwn Zoia, convince yourself its because you played so well, and spit your dummy out when someone says it dont prove much. Arrogant fuck.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
lol ok I'll state again, very simply and just for you the point I made in my original post, the point you cant seem to accept. The OUTCOME of a fight is rarely about skill these days (as in whether someone really plays well), it is about a whole host of other factors, and yes Sherlock that does on occasion include buffs. It is about classes, specs, ras, artis, mls, buffs and luck, amongst other things (and thats just soloing - throw in more factors for groups). "Skill" is only a small portion of it. Which is why I said, and again just for you I'll put it simply.... you cant judge how good a player is by the outcome of an individual fight (or by his rr for that matter). Oh, and the reason I make a point that you aint the only one who has run around solo as an armsman is because you state I dont have a clue what its like. Sorry to piss on your bonfire but I know full well what its like to run round solo as an armsman, as do many others, and thats why Im saying the outcome of an individual fight dont mean a thing as to how good a player is. Quite simply, fully buffed and toad as an armsman you basically shouldnt lose to most classes. That doesnt mean you dont play well, it just means that in itself it doesnt mean shit.

But anyways, keep stroking your e-peen when you wtfpwn Zoia, convince yourself its because you played so well, and spit your dummy out when someone says it dont prove much. Arrogant fuck.

lol you seem to have some serious issues mate, take a chill pill, I don't think I have done or said anything to deserve that kind of attitude, but whatever, I don't really give a damn what you think about me.

But kindly point out to this 'arrogant fuck' where I said that skill is judged on an individual fight and that ra's, ml's etc don't count? if you go back and read my original answer I simply said that 90% of the time class does NOT decide the out come, but hey if that makes me an 'arrogant fuck' so be it.

As for your fully buffed and toa'd armsman, do you really think 99% of the other soloers out there are NOT fully buffed and toa'd ? Sorry to piss on your bonfire as you put it but most people out there competing in the solo field are also every bit as buffed and I dare say most have much more toa'd templates then mine. And Armsman shouldn't lose to most classes? Every class out there has its advantages, we armsman are strong in melee, thats our advantage, others have there advantages, wether it be speed 5 skalds with songs and zephyrs, or assassins with poisons and stealth or casters with nukes and mezz, thats there advantage, ours is melee, it evens out thats why its a fun game (occasionally) so don't try and make out that its all one sided, we each have our advantage and we try and exploit it as much as possible, thats all part of the game, for how long you've been playing now i'd of thought you'd of realised this and could come up with a more down to earth arguement.

And I have no idea why people use zoia as arguements against me, i've only fought him once in about 3 or 4 months and I have never bragged about 1 single fight against anyone ever let alone one against a skald, but hey im supposedly just an arrogant fuck so what do I know.

Keep them coming, i've had a shit day at work, flame me more im in the mood :flame:

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:

My record is 3 infils, 2mincers, 2 scouts and a chanter at the same time solo :x (dont think any was buffed though)

Duo my record is 8hibs, trio my record is 10hibs and 3 albs at once against us.

Fg my best fight was rm group with rr4.5 average and one skald dead all the time and me(debuffer) stuck in a tree for 1minute unable to cast beating fg vgn/cf, then an adding fg of llaw as we killed garba, and then as we killed heste a fg of tb)

*E-peen powerup!*

Calo

Part of the furniture
Kagato said:
lol you seem to have some serious issues mate, take a chill pill, I don't think I have done or said anything to deserve that kind of attitude, but whatever, I don't really give a damn what you think about me.

But kindly point out to this 'arrogant fuck' where I said that skill is judged on an individual fight and that ra's, ml's etc don't count? if you go back and read my original answer I simply said that 90% of the time class does NOT decide the out come, but hey if that makes me an 'arrogant fuck' so be it.

As for your fully buffed and toa'd armsman, do you really think 99% of the other soloers out there are NOT fully buffed and toa'd ? Sorry to piss on your bonfire as you put it but most people out there competing in the solo field are also every bit as buffed and I dare say most have much more toa'd templates then mine. And Armsman shouldn't lose to most classes? Every class out there has its advantages, we armsman are strong in melee, thats our advantage, others have there advantages, wether it be speed 5 skalds with songs and zephyrs, or assassins with poisons and stealth or casters with nukes and mezz, thats there advantage, ours is melee, it evens out thats why its a fun game (occasionally) so don't try and make out that its all one sided, we each have our advantage and we try and exploit it as much as possible, thats all part of the game, for how long you've been playing now i'd of thought you'd of realised this and could come up with a more down to earth arguement.

And I have no idea why people use zoia as arguements against me, i've only fought him once in about 3 or 4 months and I have never bragged about 1 single fight against anyone ever let alone one against a skald, but hey im supposedly just an arrogant fuck so what do I know.

Keep them coming, i've had a shit day at work, flame me more im in the mood :flame:

i think u have no idea at all of how many ppl are not fully toa'd because of lack of time, seriously only the big rvr guilds are atm

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:

You came the **** with me first, saying I dont have a clue, so you simply got a little back. I'm sure you'll get over it. Cant be arsed carrying this on with you as Im off out, except to say that if you want to convince yourself that the outcome of an individual fight shows anything more than a small amount of skill then carry on. Have a nice evening...

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Arnor said:
My record is 3 infils, 2mincers, 2 scouts and a chanter at the same time solo :x (dont think any was buffed though)

Duo my record is 8hibs, trio my record is 10hibs and 3 albs at once against us.

Fg my best fight was rm group with rr4.5 average and one skald dead all the time and me(debuffer) stuck in a tree for 1minute unable to cast beating fg vgn/cf, then an adding fg of llaw as we killed garba, and then as we killed heste a fg of tb)

*E-peen powerup!*

And I beat arnor in a pre-toa duel so I must be uberest

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
You came the **** with me first, saying I dont have a clue, so you simply got a little back. I'm sure you'll get over it. Cant be arsed carrying this on with you as Im off out, except to say that if you want to convince yourself that the outcome of an individual fight shows anything more than a small amount of skill then carry on. Have a nice evening...

lol bit late to start sensoring your bad language now mate and I have never said anywhere that an individual fight proves anything, kindly refrain from putting false statements in my mouth. Anyone that duels will know that luck is as much a part of a fight as anything else, individual fights mean nothing alone and I have never said otherwise.

Don't try to tell me how I think or put statements in my mouth, im not interested in your petty little issues with me whatever they may be, bye bye.

:rolleyes:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Calo said:
i think u have no idea at all of how many ppl are not fully toa'd because of lack of time, seriously only the big rvr guilds are atm

Im sure theres a great many not toa'd, even in the big RvR guilds whoever they are now, im saying most people soloing or even just seriously RvRing are. I don't even consider myself fully toa'd, I just threw together the best that I could in the shortest time because I can't be bothered with artifacts.

Eluvia

Fledgling Freddie
And i beat magmatics in Rog gear i found in SI and coruscating mine! I must be more uber, he even had a cleric with him!

mag.JPG

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
I miss the big ol panda.

im back! but stuck in toa for XX months :(

and lemme guess eluvia, stun, his purge down, you win? ^^

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:
im back! but stuck in toa for XX months :(

and lemme guess eluvia, stun, his purge down, you win? ^^

Hopefully see you post toa then :p try not to drown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom