Realm rank, Title (importance?)

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Have the "lust" of becoming high rr vanished?, I meen I myself who had a high rr char previously and now just trying to get those important ras afew more realmlevels away etc...
Does realm rank really meen that much anymore?, I know when I joined the game I thought wow RR8 3.000,000 rps its alot he must be really good, and now I think it basicly meen who ever it is have spend alot of time playing daoc basicly.. so is RR= skill and something to be proud over or, how do other players regard realm ranks is it just an amount of spent time in emain it reflects..

(none flame, grats, spam nor wajn post.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Depends on the people I think, I generally don't associate high RR emainers as highly skilled players, just the ones who have spent alot of time there yelling lfg and zerging the same terrain over and over, they know what there expected to do in a group and thats it.

Its not necessarily a bad thing, it may well mean they have more detirmination then others but most wont know how to look after themselves if they ever faced an experianced soloer one on one. Which one could be classed as more skilled? an entirely different debate but I generally respect high realm rank people I know who can play alone and in groups good as being skilled rather then just high RR zergers.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
imo nothing in this game is skill :) its just knowledge of when to press the buttons and which fotm char/group setup your in..

its like making a piece of toast under the grill. u stick the bread under. and you you either burn it.. undercook it or take it out just the right time (similer to landing a mezz) ie; your out of range if to early. your dead if u burn it and press the button late. and if u press the button as its golden brown u land a perfect mezz :) same with landing your styles/stuns/nukes etc . its knowin when to press the button and who to twat/nuke/mezz 1st..

and im sure you all agree making a piece of toast requires no skill.. hell im sure some dumbfucks even burn there toast if they use a toaster :)

so yes imo high rr in most cases does mean they spent more time in rvr than others. im sure we have all come across higher rr players who
a/ have no knowledge and always zerg.
/b rely on there group members to farm the rp's for em and keep them alive.
c/ only gank small grps/soloers and use radar enabling them a higher chance of survival being able to avoid the fotm set up grps and avoid the zerg also.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Z^^ said:
Does realm rank really meen that much anymore?
well most high rr players will have gotten thier high rr by running in good grps. good groups can carry a weaker player to a high rr but more often than not the player must be good or they wouldn't be in those good groups/guilds. and so yes rr does = skill, at least in some small way.

time spent is also a factor ofc. u can spend time shouting 'lfg' at pk or u can spend time running thru emain undefeated. one earns lots of rps/RRs the other doesn't.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
high rr = spent alot of time on that particular char to get it to high realm rank, usually spending time gives the player experience and usually also makes them a bit better at what they do.

But some players never learn or bother to play to win, or whatever. So high rr doesnt mean you have to be good in anyway, especially when its so easy to gain by just zerging cluelessly. Oh and i beleave there is skill in everything you do, you can be good at different levels in daoc, and you can good in screwing light bulb.

RR = tool to make more out of your char, some use it, some dont.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
well from my experience when i see high rr's its a harder fight than when i see low rr's. 90% of the time a <rr5 grp is alot easier than a rr rr7> grp. this is down to skill more than acutal realm abilities as most classes will have their actives by rr5. so rr=skill and time spent. but i know poeple who got rr10 in 50days play and people who rvr day in day out and are rr9 with 200 days play.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
high RR just means they going to have XXX RAs to me: so you have to adjust to compensate.

i guess i feel i respect certain teams/guilds rather than individuals...after all succeeding in RvR is about good teamwork.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
just looking at ´hibs shows High rr has nothing to do with skill...

Qaewin

One of Freddy's beloved
High rr = experience,
Experienced players are more likely to win /do well than inexperienced ones.
If you're an experienced rvr'er with one char and role another (different not like mecr rolling a bm :) )you will be better than most, but will not be as good as someone who has had the same amout of experience as you, but entirely with that char.
At a certain level of experience you cap off and your true ability is easier to gage.
Therefore an rr7 group will beat and rr2 group even if at rr7, the rr2 group would turn out to be better players. However an rr10 group could well loose to an rr7 group if that rr7 group has better players. (when the rr is directly proportional to the amount of experience the players have, e.g the rr2 grp don't haverr10 alts).
High rr = experience
Experience with low skill> no experience with (potential) skill
Experience with skill > experience with low skill

vintervargen

Banned
Qaewin said:
you will be better than most, but will not be as good as someone who has had the same amout of experience as you, but entirely with that char.

well theres 2 sides of that. if you have played a support class alot, then play a main assisting tank, you might have easier to pick better targets, as you have a better view on the status of your support :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
In regards to the initial post, yes, high RR is having less of an impact now what with all the character trades and Ebay noobs running around out there. Still, a high RR character means that the player behind it does have experience, if not skill--nothing else.

Jpeg[LOD] said:
imo nothing in this game is skill :) its just knowledge of when to press the buttons and which fotm char/group setup your in..
I am sorry, but this is an utterly clueless comment. I'm going to start you off on this thread for this discussion.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
higher rr dosent say much about a player over at hib. and deffo not since toa came. where hib is the E in Easy!

pre toa, you could see diff between a good player (especially hero/bard) and bad ones. You see the diff now aswell but now with toa smudging out the boarder its harder to take notice. as with toa some parts of old daoc playing style was taken out.

Kagato said:
Depends on the people I think, I generally don't associate high RR emainers as highly skilled players, just the ones who have spent alot of time there yelling lfg and zerging the same terrain over and over, they know what there expected to do in a group and thats it.

Its not necessarily a bad thing, it may well mean they have more detirmination then others but most wont know how to look after themselves if they ever faced an experianced soloer one on one. Which one could be classed as more skilled? an entirely different debate but I generally respect high realm rank people I know who can play alone and in groups good as being skilled rather then just high RR zergers.

Agree ;)

Herbal

Loyal Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
well from my experience when i see high rr's its a harder fight than when i see low rr's. 90% of the time a <rr5 grp is alot easier than a rr rr7> grp. this is down to skill more than acutal realm abilities as most classes will have their actives by rr5. so rr=skill and time spent. but i know poeple who got rr10 in 50days play and people who rvr day in day out and are rr9 with 200 days play.
1st i play in hardmode :kissit:
2nd alot of time was spent afk hinging <hides from requiel>
3rd alot of time spent helping guild or pming gms abouts rrs, spent 18 hours one day fixing excals doors at start of daoc etc
4th couldn't care if it take me 300 more days played to get to rr10/11 so long as i have fun doing it

Having fun with your mates > pwning 24/7, 14 hour per day rvr sessions just so u can look leet with 500k-1mill lwrps. I play to have to fun fuck what the rest of cnts think tbh :D

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
There is no such thing as skill? How come it is possible that I was solo in emain and rooted a group with a sorc leading? ;)

And well, Realm Rank doesnt necessarily mean skill. I know certain high RR players that really arent worth their title, and some of lower RR that master their char very well. RR6 savages still running into hib box anyone?

Nowdays playing a light tank is actually a challenge since you cant just assist, the player has to make some much harder choices.

If you dont try to improve while playing you wont get any better.

edit: Oh yeah, it's damn cool to be an Einherjar ;)

mmmpie

Fledgling Freddie
Herbal said:
1st i play in hardmode :kissit:
2nd alot of time was spent afk hinging <hides from requiel>
3rd alot of time spent helping guild or pming gms abouts rrs, spent 18 hours one day fixing excals doors at start of daoc etc
4th couldn't care if it take me 300 more days played to get to rr10/11 so long as i have fun doing it

Having fun with your mates > pwning 24/7, 14 hour per day rvr sessions just so u can look leet with 500k-1mill lwrps. I play to have to fun fuck what the rest of cnts think tbh :D

:cheers:

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Higher RR generaly means you'll have RA's and +skill, which will swing a fight in your favour, as time RvRing to get such a rank, which usualy means they know what to do, when to do it, and have faster reaction in doing.

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
Once you pass RR5 (ish) you basicly have all the important RA's, sure some classes need to be higher, some dont... But around RR5, you'll have most of the important RA's...

With that said, an RR5 group/player should (in theory) be able to kill an RR10 group/player...

A lot of times though, the RR10 group/player does have 'skill' over the RR5 group/player, simply because they've played their class longer, they know the ins/outs of the class/group, etc...

I very much doubt though, that any RR1 group/player will ever win from an RR10 group/player... Not because their outskilled, but more outclassed... There's so many things an RR10 group/player can throw at an RR1 group/player, its very unlikely...

liloe

It's my birthday today!
well, in case you play your char all the way through the RR's (instead of buying it), then RR means in most case skills. Ofc you can gain RR's while zerging and no, this is not an accuse to ANYONE!

If you focus on one char you will not only gain RP's, but also skill, knowledge, call it how you want. I can say that the more time I spent playing my bard, the more routine it was and that's also a factor in RvR. Routine means you stay cool and don't freak out. I'm not saying I'm a perfect player, but there are things which you learn while playing. Ofc this can fade when you don't have the opportunity to play (damn university :( ) or if you change your class, but a few things will always remain inside =)

It's fun if you watch closer at your playstyle when you've just finished leveling a chat and bring him into fresh RvR. Sure, I often enough thought smth like: Wow, with that RA it might've turned differently, but msot of the time I simply enjoy to RvR and the RP's just flow in (or not some days =))) )

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Everyone < RR10 Claims RR its directly proportional to Time spent. ok. So when I dropped Davidandgoliath and the Elf ( ml6.10 robes on :D) lastnight at Amg, it was due to the time I was spending Playing. Er mmm Ok . Killing 3000 Midds every Fens raid, is due to the time spent Playing. Nice theory m8s.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
It does differ by class a bit...

up till RR5 for a lot of classes it's binary effects:

purge, IP, MoC, Raging Power

For clerics it's up till rr6 even that you're still getting those
(AA3, MoC, BoF, RP, MCL2 is 53 points)

Difference between a cleric with MoC and one without is quite large...

once you have them though you're onto passives, mastery of healing etc. Tanks will have damage increasing RAs...
these are all %age, so they improve the character linearly.

Difference between a cleric with MoH3 and no mastery of healing is there but it's not huge.

New Frontiers tries to change that a bit - you still get your binary effects but they're staged so that you can get a small version a lot sooner - so a RR3 char will have most of the toys that a RR6 char does but not quite as powerful versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom