Realm rank, Title (importance?)

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
only thing that's really important is whether I'll be Invader or Defender in NF when we get one big RvR zone - anyone know? :D

old.Sko

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
only thing that's really important is whether I'll be Invader or Defender in NF when we get one big RvR zone - anyone know? :D
invader/defender =D
depending on realm - they kept this feature in NF =D

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
would be much better if only race ; "Briton" "Norseman" "Kobold" etc.
i dont give a rats ass if someone can see my realm rank or not tbh.
and u could "try" to hide a little better behind stuff without the text above yer head reveal ya :)

and also would be nice if they changed the skins of each realms artifacts...
we look like clones now :(

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodaxe_Springskalle said:
and also would be nice if they changed the skins of each realms artifacts...
we look like clones now :(

atleast let us dye som and cs.

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
lol...
wonder why i never laugh when i see this...

Lurikeen Guilded Spear
_______I__________ <--- yeah that's the Lurikeen ;)

The text is larger than the actual luri hehe :)

yeah let's at least dye the cloaks... FoM green with blue/purp cloak looks far from good :(

stighelmer

Fledgling Freddie
Haven't been around these forums in a while but...

What's up with the civilized discussions? Is it summer-time relaxation that has gotten to everyone?

Sure it's nice but it's not very entertaining :'(

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Soloing is 90% class, spec and buffs, 10% skill. Grouping is 90% classes, specs, buffs, rr, ml and how well your group combines those factors as a unit, with 10% skill on top. In both cases you can't judge how "skillfull" a player is unless you spend a lot of time fighting with (or against) them - simply because there are too many other factors which affect outcomes.

Sorry but I totally disagree, whilst spec may make a reasonable differance fact is you might a great variety of people from the same class with a huge differance in skill, anything from skalds to shades, you can beat the crap out of the vast majority of one class yet get owned by a well played one the next, aside from bonedancers class does not make anywhere near 90% of the outcome, if it did you'd never see anything but a couple of classes out there.

Soloing requires much more knowledge and skill to be able to counter virtually any given situration and either survive, win or avoid fights, zergs or greater numbers, you also need to have alot more tricks up your sleeve as theres no support classes to back you up, 90% is nonsense don't just make up numbers in your head you havent a clue about.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Kagato said:
Sorry but I totally disagree, whilst spec may make a reasonable differance fact is you might a great variety of people from the same class with a huge differance in skill, anything from skalds to shades, you can beat the crap out of the vast majority of one class yet get owned by a well played one the next, aside from bonedancers class does not make anywhere near 90% of the outcome, if it did you'd never see anything but a couple of classes out there.

Soloing requires much more knowledge and skill to be able to counter virtually any given situration and either survive, win or avoid fights, zergs or greater numbers, you also need to have alot more tricks up your sleeve as theres no support classes to back you up, 90% is nonsense don't just make up numbers in your head you havent a clue about.

lol ok! just cos u solo doesn't mean ur more skilled or that soloers are more skilled, i find it much more skillful to co-ordinate a group of 8 players well together than to run around solo on my warden tbh

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Solo is a lot about class, but groups are more forgiving on your mistakes.

Fluid you only lose with your warden solo cos you grapple thanes.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Have to agree with Fluid--in 8v8 RvR, the number of factors playing a role is exponentially higher than for soloing. Yes, soloing puts more focus on yourself, in that one mistake might spell disaster for the outcome of a fight, but group RvR is much more complex.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Group RvR is more complex yes, but the role of the individual is much less, you have one job to do, your expected to do it and thats all, your need to adapt is greatly reduced as someone else is doing all the other tasks.

Solo requires you to either be able to adapt to every role or be able to counter it, the whole may be less complex but the pressure on the individual and the skill/knowledge required is much greater.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Kagato said:
Solo requires you to either be able to adapt to every role or be able to counter it, the whole may be less complex but the pressure on the individual and the skill/knowledge required is much greater.

how is it? i can easily run to odin's till i find another soloer, fight till 1 of us dies and go back its not hard, however in a fg i have to be a lot more alert of enemies attacking our group, who is interupted and who isn't who is gonna get hit next etc etc, theres much more to think about

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Rulke said:
Solo is a lot about class, but groups are more forgiving on your mistakes.

Fluid you only lose with your warden solo cos you grapple thanes.

even if i grappled a thane, my 50%+ spirit resists would make him pretty useless :p

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
how is it? i can easily run to odin's till i find another soloer, fight till 1 of us dies and go back its not hard, however in a fg i have to be a lot more alert of enemies attacking our group, who is interupted and who isn't who is gonna get hit next etc etc, theres much more to think about

hahahah that would be hilarious if it wasn't for the fact I think you might actually be serious.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Fluid said:
Ofc its not hard, the trick is making sure you're the one that doesnt die....

And ofc you need awareness in a group, but if you dont have that same awareness when soloing, well, you better have /release macroed.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
What it comes to soloing, it gets a bit more trickier when you dont have one enemy, but 2 or 3.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:
What it comes to soloing, it gets a bit more trickier when you dont have one enemy, but 2 or 3.

Personally I have found it much more difficult to deal with multiple opponents when soloing since toa. Pre-toa I was quite happy fighting 2 or 3 enemies depending on class combinations and RR but since toa its much more tricky.

Qaewin

One of Freddy's beloved
Kagato said:
Group RvR is more complex yes, but the role of the individual is much less, you have one job to do, your expected to do it and thats all, your need to adapt is greatly reduced as someone else is doing all the other tasks.

Most classes have more than one job to do in grp rvr. BG'rs have to switch guard/bg as well as go and kill stuff/interupt when the oppertunity and need arises.
Bards have to cc interupt play end and heal a bit. Healers, Druids, Sorcs all have to multi task. Even pbers have to assist nuke and pb knowing when to do each. In grp rvr especially after ToA most classes have more than one job.
If everyone is leaveing someone else to do all the tasks, then who is doing them?

I would agree that in a group it is possible to be carried if you play badly, whereas solo if you play badly ur fubar'd, and I agree to solo well requires skill, however, I feel to be a good group player is more difficult than to be a good soloer, purely becasue as a soloer you need to be aware of the threat to yourself and what you can do about it, whilst in a group you need to be aware of the threat to several ppl, prioritise them and then decide what you have to do.

Eluvia

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:

So kagato, you beleive you could beat a mana eldritch, an enchanter, a spirit master, a cabalist, a sorc, a Sojourner skald, a dark carving runie, a supp runie, a 50 shield 50 crush warrior + many others 1v1 without throwing out every win button u have? dont think so......

Now as an armsman, 1v1 you can look at ur target, armsman is very simple you have no toys, you can either charge them with sprint or wait for them to come to you. Thats 1 choice OOOoo. Now after this you can either go straight in with ur pole using an anytime, or slam and use rear positional. damn another choice..... after this you either wait for them to flee, hit them with rear style, or u see ur getting prawned and whip out ur shield.

This is a very 2 dimensional play no?

Imagine all the things you could be doing in a grp...................

The reason you think this way kagato is cus every alb grp u go out with gets pwned, yet when u run solo around odins u get to kill the odd stealther. But ofc u BEING A VERY SKILLED PLAYER, are nothing to do with the fact ur grp gets prawned. because when u run odins u own people 1v1 witha fully buffed armsman with ra's up.........

Cant make sense of this kagato, u must be a retard.

Carrera

Fledgling Freddie
Whatever happened to discussing things politely eluvia? You abit upset kagato has killed you alot or something? I think group rvr and soloing are skillfull in their own rights, but soloing is of course very dependent on class. Personally i think toa has made soloing alot eaiser.. for me anyway, alot more toys to keep people interrupted, and the nice effects from artifacts that enemy players don't always have

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Eluvia said:
So kagato, you beleive you could beat a mana eldritch, an enchanter, a spirit master, a cabalist, a sorc, a Sojourner skald, a dark carving runie, a supp runie, a 50 shield 50 crush warrior + many others 1v1 without throwing out every win button u have? dont think so......
some classes are better off meeting a certain class a rm would most likely win versus katago but a warrior would have it harder..
Eluvia said:
Now as an armsman, 1v1 you can look at ur target, armsman is very simple you have no toys, you can either charge them with sprint or wait for them to come to you. Thats 1 choice OOOoo. Now after this you can either go straight in with ur pole using an anytime, or slam and use rear positional. damn another choice..... after this you either wait for them to flee, hit them with rear style, or u see ur getting prawned and whip out ur shield.
Your wrong, using styles decently deciding wait out stuns dots etc with purge probably meen alot as soloer (timing etc).
Eluvia said:
Im biased im a group player I think in a group even as a crap class as armsman you have lots more to think of should i go guard that cleric should i go try kill that etc with assist train or so but then again when your soloing or duoing its more pure rvr/pvp because its more dependant on your own skills toughts when you meet certain class combos.
Eluvia said:
The reason you think this way kagato is cus every alb grp u go out with gets pwned, yet when u run solo around odins u get to kill the odd stealther. But ofc u BEING A VERY SKILLED PLAYER, are nothing to do with the fact ur grp gets prawned. because when u run odins u own people 1v1 witha fully buffed armsman with ra's up.........
Eluvia I have no idea who you are but I maybe lost to you and i dont care everyone loose at some point but I hardly go out with guild grp and get pwned by you, and I think katago likes soloing for other reasons the realm points income, and honestly if your one of 8 players in a group and you see some ppl playing crap/unfocused then you can put that loss to those group members because as an armsman atleast you dont have that much power of the outcome in rvr, in regards to a healer sorc bard.

Eluvia said:
You sound like someone who gotten owned afew times too many in odins by a armsman with full buffs :)

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Eluvia said:

This might shock you but...

As an arms (cept grapple bots) while playing in a grp:

- you can either go straight in with ur pole using an anytime, or slam and use rear positional.

- you either wait for them to flee, hit them with rear style, or u see ur getting prawned and whip out ur shield.

Pretty much the same than your view on soloing uh? Oh! the shocking!!

:rolleyes:

Eluvia

Fledgling Freddie
I know what you mean, and kagato has never killed me as ive been on his side as a fully buffed mercenary running solo in odins.......... 50 thrust 50 dual weild 28 parry Briton :O. However every fight running solo in odins wasnt really much of a challenge 1v1, and im not that great a player. However when playing a grp role id always be having much more fun and every fight would be a real challenge. Its not because you are solo, its because you are a solo tank. Meaning basically you 'could' kill anything 1v1 with some nice dice rolls and all ra up, but the fights are still fairly bread and butter repeats.

every fight as a tank is basically 'damn i could have won that if he didnt block me so much etc' however with a stealther or a caster its 'I could ahve won that fight if i had played like this.'

The only things ive ever seen kagato kill has been enemy stealthers who have popped him, which as any fully buffed tank is free RP unless the stealther is really good and its obvious when a stealther is a noob. The only tanks ive seen you can put a noob sticker on is jimmy the post and other spanish co :O. omfg ur gonna flame me for the spanish bit :p

Also in reply to Z^^ : I never play in a random grp other than for a quick laugh, always with people i know are good players and on ventrillo.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Eluvia said:

Yes, and I have beaten all of the classes above (except the albion ones naturally) before now, some were easy fights, some werent, a simple use of cowering bellow screws over alot of pet classes like SM's but hey, im a dumb soloer so why would I think to use it.

The basis of your arguements is simply to understate and simplify all thats required to solo and whilst add as much detail as possible to whats needed to group.

anyone can do that, its a cheap way to argue, lets try it shall we?

solo ? hunt your prey, know how to avoid large groups, read the lag signs, know where you can hide and which paths are less travelled, spot the enemy class, identify the person if its someone you know and what ra's there likely to have, counter with your best styles rather then just anytimes, use potions to keep your end up and be ready to sprint if they run, win the fight and get away before your spotted.

group? assist for teh win and anytime style.

See anyway can argue like that, you'll have to do better.

As for me and grouping, unless you have grouped with me you havent a clue but I can assure you I have no problems with my groups and and I know what to do when I do group, I solo by choice though as I can't be bothered to waste my time yelling LFG when theres no guild group running.

Simple basis is that you cannot afford to make mistakes solo, you get no second chances you need to be able to fight, know how to use all your styles to best advantage, have every potion and charge under the sun availible and know which ones you need to use because you wont get a second chance due to reuse timers, and know all of this again for each enemy you encounter cause they will be doing the same back and thats not even going into whats involved in avoiding larger enemy forces.

I never said grouping was a one responsibility task, just that your class has its job to do and thats it, but the job rarely has more then a few things to worry about and in my opinion requires less personal skill.

Eluvia

Fledgling Freddie
u replied to my original post twice at different times rather than responding to my toher post? :O thats like me giving you a bad review twice for the same comment :O

Also kagato you said: The basis of your arguements is simply to understate and simplify all thats required to solo and whilst add as much detail as possible to whats needed to group.

Yet i have yet to mention anything you could be doing in a group by name lol. so i find this kinda funny.

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
Z^^ said:
Have the "lust" of becoming high rr vanished?, I meen I myself who had a high rr char previously and now just trying to get those important ras afew more realmlevels away etc...
Does realm rank really meen that much anymore?, I know when I joined the game I thought wow RR8 3.000,000 rps its alot he must be really good, and now I think it basicly meen who ever it is have spend alot of time playing daoc basicly.. so is RR= skill and something to be proud over or, how do other players regard realm ranks is it just an amount of spent time in emain it reflects..

(none flame, grats, spam nor wajn post.

High RR has nothing to do with skill or even to some extend "time played," most players does in my view never become more than rr1 noobs no skill players, and the reson is simple. . . Buffbots.
FG's and especially GG often have a buffer at TK or somwhere else, out of harms way, meaning that even if u kill a buffclass in the group, the remaining in the group is still buffed, even they should lose their buff, ie nothing to do with skill.
Same goes for solo players who use buffbots.
Some bugs in the game "witch many now is solved" have contributed to a massive amount of rp to some, especially the pbaoe through wall's was a rp mashine beyond reconing, and many gained LOADS of rp from this bug and others.
So no, i myself do not respect any gained realm rank, except for a very few (a handfull).

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:

Havent a clue about what? Running around solo as an armsman? Or the precise stastical level of skill over other random factors that affect the outcome of a fight. 90% may not be precisely the amount, but frankly who gives a fuck about the precise figure? It was a guesstimate, and if you are trying to kid yourself that winning fights solo as a fully bbd armsman indicates any level of skill, then frankly you are delusional. But hey, if you want to kid yourself otherwise and believe that all those countless conquests are all about skill, be my guest.

Thats not to say that you dont have skill in the game - I neither know nor care as Ive hardly grouped with you. Its merely that there are just too many other factors.

And no, you arent the only person that has ever run around solo as an armsman...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom