SPAM random annoying things

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I like Aldi (and Lidl), you get what you pay for

And their baked stuff is excellent

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Their cold meats, cheeses and cupboard shit is excellent.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The best frozen pizzas you can buy are from Aldi.

Also, in terms of shop-bought quality, £4 (reduced from £5) is actually quite a lot.

If you think about it, you probably pay double of that in a restaurant.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Aldi pizzas are actually pretty good. I like Aldi. After years of not going there (because they wouldn't take credit cards), I found out that now they do. I like their bread, they do some sugary dried mango that I love, shortbread fingers, the dark chocolate selection is amazing (not as good as Lidl though), meats and cheeses are all ok, they do some lovely salmon fishcake things with a green filling that are great. The only thing I don't like is all the housewives who get in my bloody way. Oh and their energy drinks are shite.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I take at least 5 of the iced coffee when I go camping. 50p each and better than the starbucks crap. You can pick up some great gadgets in there too, depending what the deals are. Got a very good merino wool mid layer from there the other week, £20.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Entering a Lidl or an Aldi in Denmark is like going back to East Germany circa 1965

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not being allowed to tell people in the workplace that they are a waste of skin and really ought to be working at Subway but would probably constantly put the wrong filling in anyway.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Not being allowed to tell people in the workplace that they are a waste of skin and really ought to be working at Subway but would probably constantly put the wrong filling in anyway.

I'll rant about this later.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I like Aldi (and Lidl), you get what you pay for

And their baked stuff is excellent

We've shopped there a few times, and it is cheap good stuff, but the selection is a bit pants in places. Any time we've gone there, we've always had to pop into Tesco for stuff we couldn't find (normally crisps and fizzy drinks).

Lidl do an awesome German lager however - and Aldi is always a good laugh walking down the non-food section. Pretty sure there was a heavy duty circular saw in there last time we went.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Toilets with the lights on automatic timers. Trying to find the bog roll in total darkness isn't my idea of fun.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Spent an entire day debugging a problem only to discover the bug was in windows 7 only and we dont care about windows 7 anymore

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Going into a public WC to begin with, then discovering the lighting in there is neon blue (apparently to deter druggers from drugging by preventing them to find a vein to inject into) which is funky, initially, but extremely offputting.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Toilets with the lights on automatic timers. Trying to find the bog roll in total darkness isn't my idea of fun.

Agreed, we have it, completely ruins a good old Angry Birds session.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Fucking canal fishermen...they use those stupid long poles so they can fish the other side from where they are sitting..were kayaking down the canal and we came across 50 of them, everyone curses you because they have to pull up and lose the 2hr stake out they are doing.
Then its..go this side..the next guy shouts go the other side.
Got talking to a couple in a canal boat, they say they get the same and just put full power on and head for the rods.
They spoil the canal for everyone..they curse at cyclists because the stupid poles cover the cycle path as well as the whole canal.
Theyre only there to get away from the missus.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
When 8 people base their plans around one person, who then pulls out anyway.

Away this weekend with friends, initially planned for next weekend but changed to this weekend to suit someone who has to ask permission from his wife to do anything. He has now had to pull out because his wife has decided she is working Friday/Saturday and he has to look after his spawn.

Just not going to bother asking him next time. I will just tell him we are away X weekend, come if he wants.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Tell him what you've told us.

It pisses me off massively when that happens.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
When 8 people base their plans around one person, who then pulls out anyway.

Away this weekend with friends, initially planned for next weekend but changed to this weekend to suit someone who has to ask permission from his wife to do anything. He has now had to pull out because his wife has decided she is working Friday/Saturday and he has to look after his spawn.

Just not going to bother asking him next time. I will just tell him we are away X weekend, come if he wants.

I tend to find its always the same person in the group as well.

DaGaffer

Fake recruitment consultants on LinkedIn; message you to get a contact number and then nothing. Within a day you start getting spam phone calls - some pension outfit for expats.

Yes, I should investigate every connection request thoroughly, but sometimes you're in a hurry (I was on the way to the airport).

So now I'm playing whack-a-mole with telesales idiots

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I binned it because its shit. Everything people say on there is nonsense. Reciprocal bigging up.

Just like everyone on facebook presents a fake image of their lives, people present a fake image of their work experience and ability.

DaGaffer

Another reason I'm not on it :)

To be fair its more useful that not. This is irritating, not deal breaking.

I binned it because its shit. Everything people say on there is nonsense. Reciprocal bigging up.

Just like everyone on facebook presents a fake image of their lives, people present a fake image of their work experience and ability.

The big difference is that faking your work experience is difficult if anyone from where you worked previously is on there, and most people are. If you were out and out bullshitting you'd get found out pretty quickly.

Its useful for recruitment, and sometimes as a start point for research. That's it.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
When you perfectly execute a superb meme in the group chat, but no one gets it and now they all think you're weird

Screenshot_2017-06-22-18-26-13.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom