SPAM random annoying things

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Also, people who ask you to send a cheque as a deposit.

What year is it?!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
DVLA. Fuds.

"fill in this paper based form, return in the post and send a cheque" - it's 1989!

...and yet...as these things go, the DVLA is just about the most advanced car licensing agency on the planet. You can do an awful lot more online with the DVLA than with similar in Europe or the US.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Women in the workplace.

ffs stop arguing with each other, or falling out over the most ridiculous of things.

You aren't supposed to like everyone you work with but sometimes you just have to get over it, I am sick and tired of seeing women in tears because she said, he said bollocks.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
...and yet...as these things go, the DVLA is just about the most advanced car licensing agency on the planet. You can do an awful lot more online with the DVLA than with similar in Europe or the US.

It's a sad sad state of affairs, HMRC have launched a beta "DIY online" thingy and it's really AIDS. They're trying to mitigate calls into their call centres, but I can only see it increasing for some queries. Case in point, the CO2 for company car was showing the wrong value (130 instead of 133 g/km) so I thought "uh oh, here comes a tax bill in 12 months" - couldn't adjust online, so had to call the call centre anyway who said "oh don't worry, we've just rounded it down to the nearest ten, no action required". Man.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Women in the workplace.

ffs stop arguing with each other, or falling out over the most ridiculous of things.

You aren't supposed to like everyone you work with but sometimes you just have to get over it, I am sick and tired of seeing women in tears because she said, he said bollocks.
You must work at a very care bear type of place. Never seen anyone like that in my company.

old.user4556

Women in the workplace.

Buy them shoes.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Buy one pair of shoes, watch them fight to death over them and end up with one happy colleague in a brand new smashing pair of shoes.

That's what we do at my office. I have my money on Beth from accounting to be the last one standing

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Fortnum and mason biscuits. Fucking terrible.

Edit, I smashed the tin in one sitting, mind.

Last edited:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
paper cuts. I haven't had a paper cut in ages. got one now and it hurts like hell :eek:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Redundancy :(

Get your LinkedIn thing up to date. Every fucker seems to use that now, even though it is a pile of shit. I was job searching a couple of months ago and pretty much every other method is a waste of time.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
Cheers guys. I should get a pretty reasonable redundancy package so I might take some time to do a bit of travelling or something while I have the chance. Got to have a think.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Get your LinkedIn thing up to date. Every fucker seems to use that now, even though it is a pile of shit. I was job searching a couple of months ago and pretty much every other method is a waste of time.

Yeah linkedin seems to be where jobs are being posted, especially in tech sector

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Just like everything else these days it just seems like a lazy way to do things..

"should I read this textbook for my economics exam? Nah, I'll just find a cool channel on YouTube to learn me the stuffz, lol"

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Some people learn differently :p

A few years ago when i was still studying the khan academy maths videos helped me a lot more than amy textbook did

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Difference in school approaches to staff.

One school sends around emails called 'well-being' where there are organised sporting every now and again from set times and a set sport.

Another school meet up every Friday decide what to play then go to the pub afterwards.

Guess one which has the happier staff.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
We have a monthly pub night at current work, "alumni" are also invited, people turn up who havemt worked here in more than a decade very interesting to pick their brains

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Japanese Knotweed.

In the neighbours garden over the back of my house. Beginning to make its way into ours. Been to speak to them - the guy is a renter, so have asked him to pass my details on to his rental agency and get back to me. We'll see how easy it is for them to get a contractor out to deal with it.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Don't just leave it with them, speak to your council. Let them know.

old.user4556

Japanese Knotweed.

In the neighbours garden over the back of my house. Beginning to make its way into ours. Been to speak to them - the guy is a renter, so have asked him to pass my details on to his rental agency and get back to me. We'll see how easy it is for them to get a contractor out to deal with it.

Makes a very tasty pie I believe.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Don't be the cunt that calls the council before speaking to them first, have a human interaction first. If the landlord doesn't do anything, then get the council involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom