SPAM random annoying things

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Should have stroked its spine then done it - it puts them in a daze

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
This reminds me of when being a kid, me and a friend of mine were downtown outside my dad's restaurant and my mother came by exactly by the time my friend 'accidentally' lured two birds with food and stepped on both of them because he "thought there were going move" when he sat down his foot, but they didn't, and my mother was shocked. Awkward situation.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Swallowing a fly while out mountain biking :eek:

Also, albeit to a lesser extent, having hay-fever while mountain biking :eek:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I don't get hayfever anymore. It just suddenly stopped. The antihistamine (sic) from Tesco worked for me. Seven tiny tablets for a quid. Something like that.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Keith lemon telling me i am a mong bean if i dont ask for a right good deal from carphone warehouse.

First keith is a mong bean

And second what is one of them anyway. And how is it an insult.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I went out and bought Doom today because the single player at least is getting great reviews. I went to a shop. I bought a DVD version of the game (shitty internet). I come home to install it, expecting to have to maybe download a couple of GB for a day one patch or whatever. There's one disc in the case with 7 GB on it. It happily started downloading ~43 GB of files after it had installed what was on the disc. I'm now going to have to get the preload files in a naughty way and hope that I can marry the 2 together (which should be fine).

I understand having to download a day one patch but why in the fuck don't they put as much as possible on the discs in the box to begin with? I get that providing the files online might be cheaper than pressing extra discs but ffs... I would think one of the main reasons people would buy boxed versions is to not have to download a shit-ton of files. :eek:

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Keith lemon telling me i am a mong bean if i dont ask for a right good deal from carphone warehouse.

First keith is a mong bean

And second what is one of them anyway. And how is it an insult.

What is a 'mong bean'? Mong (Swedish 'Mongo'?) as in semi retarded + the matter of the bean. Bean as in head? Retarded head?

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
A Mong is a slang word for someone with downs syndrome it's not a very nice word to use and I'm surprised they let it be said in a TV ad

Last edited:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yeah was what i meant. I guess he might be saying mung bean but that makes even less sense.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I went out and bought Doom today because the single player at least is getting great reviews. I went to a shop. I bought a DVD version of the game (shitty internet). I come home to install it, expecting to have to maybe download a couple of GB for a day one patch or whatever. There's one disc in the case with 7 GB on it. It happily started downloading ~43 GB of files after it had installed what was on the disc. I'm now going to have to get the preload files in a naughty way and hope that I can marry the 2 together (which should be fine).

I understand having to download a day one patch but why in the fuck don't they put as much as possible on the discs in the box to begin with? I get that providing the files online might be cheaper than pressing extra discs but ffs... I would think one of the main reasons people would buy boxed versions is to not have to download a shit-ton of files. :eek:

Most people moved into the 21st century quite some time ago. Do catch up.

Disks?! in this day and age?! Why not just pre-load on steam?

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sore arms.

Set out on a ride after work yesterday as work's near the Peak District. Did all the nasty sweaty climbing and just set off on the sweet sweet singletrack that lead four miles back down to my car.

One mile in, with a sharp loud hiss my front tyre insta-deflates but I manage not to fly over the bars. So I pull out my spare tube wondering why my tubeless setup didn't catch the puncture and find that the valve has snapped off, hit by a rock, and the remnants of it are wedged too hard in the rim for me to remove.

Queue a three mile walk over uneven terrain wheeling an upright bike on it's rear wheel by it's handlebars. I know it's not a heavy bike but holding your arms out in front of you for an hour unladen is hard enough :(

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Most people moved into the 21st century quite some time ago. Do catch up.

Disks?! in this day and age?! Why not just pre-load on steam?

Never experienced the internet in rural France have you?

Although I have 40Mbit Fibre and will still be getting the disk next week. Always works out cheaper than getting it off PSN.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Sore arms.

Set out on a ride after work yesterday as work's near the Peak District. Did all the nasty sweaty climbing and just set off on the sweet sweet singletrack that lead four miles back down to my car.

One mile in, with a sharp loud hiss my front tyre insta-deflates but I manage not to fly over the bars. So I pull out my spare tube wondering why my tubeless setup didn't catch the puncture and find that the valve has snapped off, hit by a rock, and the remnants of it are wedged too hard in the rim for me to remove.

Queue a three mile walk over uneven terrain wheeling an upright bike on it's rear wheel by it's handlebars. I know it's not a heavy bike but holding your arms out in front of you for an hour unladen is hard enough :(
Whle i was enjoying a nice drink and some food. I feel sorry for you ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Whle i was enjoying a nice drink and some food. I feel sorry for you ;)
Oh, don't get me wrong - I rang a mate and got him to fire up his wood-fired pizza oven. Went over with a shitload of mozzarella, parma ham and chorizo and had a blast.

It's not an either/or thing you know...

:)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Oh it is when you spend 1+ hours wheeling a crapped out mode of transport. For me anyway. Did it in my youth. The food didnt make up for it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Never experienced the internet in rural France have you?

Although I have 40Mbit Fibre and will still be getting the disk next week. Always works out cheaper than getting it off PSN.

No, I am afraid I have only ever experienced rural British broadband (1mb or so) Since, thankfully upgraded.

...but that still doesn't stop pre-download.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It obviously does if your internet is slow. I've bought boxed games more often than not in the last few years as a way of not tying my limited connection up downloading things when I can just pop a disc in and install it (because my connection is constantly doing other things) so I didn't preload it because I was expecting there to be more data present in the box.

What @Bodhi said on both counts. Steam prices are hilarious, I got it for € 20 less in the shop. And also I wouldn't buy a game before launch. Especially Doom, because it got pretty crap reviews in the beta and alpha stages. I wouldn't have bought this at all had the single player not surprised everybody and got such good reviews.

Anyway, I'm not sure if you realised, but France has a similar population to the UK but is many times bigger. Therefore there's a lot more space between towns and cities so traditional ADSL with a range of ~8 KM doesn't go as far (literally). Cities and big towns are fibred but that doesn't help outlying towns and villages. I'd love to "catch up" but I've learned to adapt to this in day to day use, it's just annoying that they could've put 4 or 5 discs in the box (GTA V had 7) and had me download a couple of GB had they chosen to (which, in this day and age, is surely one of the sole remaining points of boxed games).

Last edited:

TdC

Oh it is when you spend 1+ hours wheeling a crapped out mode of transport. For me anyway. Did it in my youth. The food didnt make up for it.

Mori Mori Mori I'll put that one down to your Aspergers :) I'm just back from a ride myself. Bike was awesome, trail was awesome. I'm getting stronger every day. It feels SO GOOD to be back in training with no operations, metal bits in my bones, or other bad things looming on the horizon. Perhaps you can relate a bit if you remember your back operation thing? Didn't it feel much better to walk about, or even sitting after that? Well, I get that good feeling from riding my bike. I'm more technically skilled than one of my riding mates, but he's stronger than me so I can pass him on the sketchy bits but he can pass me on the straights and climbs. We turn the ride into a game, and it's just a load of fun :)

Naturally technical issues like @Scouse's tyre, or my ride buddy recently ripping his rear derailleur off his bike with the help of a handy log are par for the course. And me occasionally derping about and pranging into trees, breaking bones and things hehe. For dinner I am going to make up for expending all this energy in today's ride by eating curry until I can only groan weakly with just barely enough strength to open another beer :D

So, that about sums up my riding experience. Hope things are clear :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I am sure the actual cycling is fun. I was just saying that i would have been immensly annoyed and a good dinner wouldnt have changed that if my bike had punctured.

Ie the mode of transport that would have taken me twenty minutes to get back on crapped out on me.

Not that cycling was crap. If thats how it was taken.

TdC

ahhh, I see. read your intent wrong mate. no worries though :)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Gumtree piss-takers. Selling £100 in cash for £100 - "will you take £25?".

In this case I'm selling an exceptionally mint guitar (Gibsons don't really lose a lot of money) that retails for £600 excluding a hard case (another £160). I started at £400, would go to £350 for a quick sale, got an offer at £300 with "does it come with a hard case?" to which I said "no, that costs £160 on it's own" and the guy said "nah, I want a hard case for that money". That would mean selling a £700 guitar for £140. Having. A. Fucking. Laugh.

Also got an ebay offer in at £250, also expecting a hard case (thus, the guitar worth £90).

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Stuffs only worth what you can find a person to pay for it. Not necessarily what you want for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom