SPAM random annoying things

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Rules for their own sake. Just gone through security at Stanstead. They pulled my tray aside because the clear plastic bag I used for toiletries was too big (same bag I used on the way out from Dublin). The security guy emptied everything out, squeezed everything into a smaller plastic bag, then put the small bag into the bigger bag I'd been using. Then handed it back to me. What. The. Fuck?

And the other side of the coin; the guy stood next to me when asked "do you have liquids in your bag sir?" "Yes", then this squawk of indignation when they started taking his bag apart. Where the fuck has this been for the last ten years?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I endured shite like that in South America quite often. Once they pulled me out of line three times, gave me someone else's bag "please to open, Sir!", kept me to within minutes of missing my flight, meh.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Dumb fucks that ring, don't get an answer, wait for the voicemail message to play, then hang up after the beep. If you aren't going to leave a message, hang up you moron.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Dumb fucks that ring, don't get an answer, wait for the voicemail message to play, then hang up after the beep. If you aren't going to leave a message, hang up you moron.
Oh god, this is my dad every fucking time. At least my nan leaves a message, which is annoying too, because she knows I call her back straight after I missed the call. Usually you can just hear my dad grumble a bit and then hangs up

"You now have the following options:
To listen again, press 1
To save message, press 2
To call santa, press 3
To call back, press 4
To do none of the above, press 5
To listen to previously saved messages, press 6
To save old messages, press 7
To delete message, press 8
To listen to all the bullshit options my electronic fake ass voice just fucking listed, press motherfucking 9!"

Voice messages are the devil's work

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I hate airport security as they are all different and it drives my travel routine bonkers...

Sweden you can forget to take everything out of your bag.... Norway they even make me take my camera out... The Netherlands they make me take my straighteners out but not my camera.... I give up ;/

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You try getting knives, spanners, harnesses and more through the scanner...

It's not our fault you're a fucking terrorist :eek:

:D

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I bet the rampant rabbit raises a few eyebrows too.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
@Tom is a Muslim, that explains the beard, don't tell @Job we have one on the forums ffs!!!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Sunburn. Was fine until my wife pointed out I was red, now it hurts. Cow.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Managed to stab my finger with a screwdriver at work the other week. It ended up a bit infected. Horrible yellow/green scab thing. That fell off and I think the infection has pretty much gone now but the itching is fucking maddening.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Hey that sucks mate. Remember to moisturize

Also, it seemed i posted in the wrong section above. That should have been in the very awesome music section.

Lethul

FH is my second home

My mother has an annoying habit as well, calls, no answer, calls again... If I don't pick up the first time I will not pick it up the second time either. I will call back when I got time.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
My mother has an annoying habit as well, calls, no answer, calls again... If I don't pick up the first time I will not pick it up the second time either. I will call back when I got time.
I dislike people who ignore the phone even if they are there. Would prefer you to answer and say i will call back in a couple hours or something. Seems rude i go to the effort of calling you and wanting to communicate but you dont think its worth 30 secs of your time to acknowledge me.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
I hate airport security as they are all different and it drives my travel routine bonkers...

Sweden you can forget to take everything out of your bag.... Norway they even make me take my camera out... The Netherlands they make me take my straighteners out but not my camera.... I give up ;/
I've seen a guy getting a electric high-powered screwdriver, including drill bits through security at Arlanda... The conversation with the security guys were typically Swedish
Security gal: "What is this?"
Traveler: "It's an electric screwdriver."
S: "You can't take this onboard, you have to check it in with your checked in luggage."
T: "I know, I just forgot. I'm a salesman and it's a sample product."
S: "Ok. Well remember next time. You can't fly with electronic tools you know."
- Lets guy through with his screwdriver.

I didn't know if I would laugh or cry. Internally i did both.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
People who send an email, then walk over to your desk to say they have sent you an email, then discuss the email, before you have even had a chance to read their drivel.

Lethul

FH is my second home
I dislike people who ignore the phone even if they are there. Would prefer you to answer and say i will call back in a couple hours or something. Seems rude i go to the effort of calling you and wanting to communicate but you dont think its worth 30 secs of your time to acknowledge me.

If I dont answer I am busy. I will not answer the phone if I am busy regardless of what I am doing (work/game/playtime).

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I can't stand it when I send a text and that person immediately replies with a phone call. I don't want to talk, just text ffs!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Rules for their own sake. Just gone through security at Stanstead. They pulled my tray aside because the clear plastic bag I used for toiletries was too big (same bag I used on the way out from Dublin). The security guy emptied everything out, squeezed everything into a smaller plastic bag, then put the small bag into the bigger bag I'd been using. Then handed it back to me. What. The. Fuck?

And the other side of the coin; the guy stood next to me when asked "do you have liquids in your bag sir?" "Yes", then this squawk of indignation when they started taking his bag apart. Where the fuck has this been for the last ten years?

I found Liverpool even worse for this. I had all my toiletries in a Tesco Freezer bag, which hadn't been a problem anywhere else in Europe, got to Security, and was told No, it had to be one of the official clear plastic bags that you could purchase for £1 from one of the vending machines at the back of the queue. I didn't have any cash on me, as Sterling isn't very useful in Berlin, so had to get a friend to come back and lend me a pound.

Also at the weekend I had another fantastic experience with Wizz Air. After charging me £30 last time to check in at the airport, this time they decided my proper cabin bag was 5cm too big, and charged me €45 to take it on the plane. Even more annoying this time as I couldn't claim it back.

In better news however, Le Stag in Budapest was fucking epic, beautiful city, and less than £2 a beer. Although if you are offered any Palinka, just say no, unless your windscreen is frozen and needs de-iced. Fucking horrible stuff :(

And ignore any rumours about a Beer Bike full of Brits going round the main square in Budapest in May singing Band Aid at the tops of their voices. That didn't happen at all. Oh no...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom