SPAM random annoying things

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Ok you got me. Been wondering if @Tom opened the window first as I know in the past some members of my family have launched remote controls at doors only to leave a crater in the wall as their aim is shit.

Though saying that, knowing the strength of double glazing units (source: Die Hard) the keyboard would bounce back. Don't worry @Edmond will be along to correct me if I am wrong.
I have a PS3 controller shaped hole in my lounge wall to this day. As for throwing your keyboard at the window, you'd probably miss and put it through the TV :rolleyes:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Potholes on less than 6 months old tyres at £200 a pop

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I have a PS3 controller shaped hole in my lounge wall to this day. As for throwing your keyboard at the window, you'd probably miss and put it through the TV :rolleyes:
Hehe, I luckily have never had the urge to launch stuff in recent years, just leave that to others so my TV is safe for the time being.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fucking football tv presenters apologising just in case the mic picked up any bad language.

I say to you "Fuckoff you dimwitted fucking cunt of a wanker bastard, it is a fucking football match where swearing will always be heard as long as my arsehole points down when I walk, stupid cunt"

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Potholes on less than 6 months old tyres at £200 a pop

Feel your pain on that one - I'm £2k down over the last 6 months fixing pothole damage. Somehow I haven't popped a tyre yet, just a suspension strut, the cup that holds it in place, one of the bolts that holds the suspension on the hub and 3 buckled wheels.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Feel your pain on that one - I'm £2k down over the last 6 months fixing pothole damage. Somehow I haven't popped a tyre yet, just a suspension strut, the cup that holds it in place, one of the bolts that holds the suspension on the hub and 3 buckled wheels.
Are councils liable? If so surely it must be cheaper to fix the holes?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Are councils liable? If so surely it must be cheaper to fix the holes?

They are, but they are spectacularly good at avoiding it. There are a few of us claiming for the lady pothole I hit, as it took out 5 or 6 cars that evening.

Latest getout for them is we need a picture and measurements of the pothole. This pothole is on a country lane where National Speed Limit applies, just after a blind bend and was filled with water....

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
They are, but they are spectacularly good at avoiding it. There are a few of us claiming for the lady pothole I hit, as it took out 5 or 6 cars that evening.

Latest getout for them is we need a picture and measurements of the pothole. This pothole is on a country lane where National Speed Limit applies, just after a blind bend and was filled with water....
Saying that I was out in the car a couple of weeks ago and I was in shock at the state of the roads. I know where all the money is going though, A3/M25 junction. It's a massive road expansion project and I am sure someone said over £700 million. On one junction.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Going to put a claim in, they were only 6 months old. Got photos of the damage, photos of the pothole and dash cam footage, that has the sound of the bang, and me swearing about potholes.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Saying that I was out in the car a couple of weeks ago and I was in shock at the state of the roads. I know where all the money is going though, A3/M25 junction. It's a massive road expansion project and I am sure someone said over £700 million. On one junction.

That's Highways England, they have a separate, almost untouchable budget. And they don't care about the local road network. They only care about building more trunk roads.

Blame 14 years of Tory twats for starving your local council of funds for potholes. That, and the enormous increase in the number of vehicles on the road. 40 million now - up from 20 million in the early 90s.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Long arse teams calls between our network guy and our external software dev's network guy, as they swing dicks at each other, when I am on holiday tomorrow and already stated that I wanted to wrap up on time.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
My shepherd's hut is a faraday cage.

I put an access point 6 feet from it - just outside I get amazing signal. Just inside? None :eek:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Radio isn't particularly difficult to work with. Think of it as low-frequency light, and the receiving antenna as a camera that can only see that light and nothing else. Can the 'light' get out? Also, does the 'light' have any reflective surfaces it can bounce off to reach your hut? And are there any big bags of watery things in the way?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Radio isn't particularly difficult to work with. Think of it as low-frequency light, and the receiving antenna as a camera that can only see that light and nothing else. Can the 'light' get out? Also, does the 'light' have any reflective surfaces it can bounce off to reach your hut? And are there any big bags of watery things in the way?
It's a tin hut. :(

One side of the tin hut up adjacent to it? 100% signal (bloody well should be - 8 feet from the access point). 6 inches from that position inside the hut? Nada :eek:

Ah well. Off-grid living for anyone we ever rent the fucker out to ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Corrugated sides?
Yip. I'll send a pic as soon as I've got time. I've been spending the day moving everything out of the house into the barn. We're about to pull all the floors and remaining ceilings down and dig up the floor slab, so getting this hut finished needs to get done quick. It's fecking freezing in this house with no tiles on my roof, never mind insulation! :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
1708897166644.png

I've been watching some youtuber play this for the past couple of days. Beautiful game, interesting premise, and now Steam wants me to buy it. Buuuuut I kinda want to watch the youtuber play it. Do I like the game cos its awesome, or because of some fella's witty banter? :eek:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yip. I'll send a pic as soon as I've got time. I've been spending the day moving everything out of the house into the barn. We're about to pull all the floors and remaining ceilings down and dig up the floor slab, so getting this hut finished needs to get done quick. It's fecking freezing in this house with no tiles on my roof, never mind insulation! :)
Wow, so you are literally gutting your house down to the walls and joists? I can see you now as a nuclear survivor complete with underground bunker, water and food recycling (read that as piss and shit) facilities, solar panels keeping 100 car batteries charged.

In other words, Will Smith from I am Legend (but you are not a legend but a scouser :p)

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
View attachment 48799

I've been watching some youtuber play this for the past couple of days. Beautiful game, interesting premise, and now Steam wants me to buy it. Buuuuut I kinda want to watch the youtuber play it. Do I like the game cos its awesome, or because of some fella's witty banter? :eek:
Both?

As for the game, good but maybe not great IMO. Interesting premise and setting but maybe a bit too on-rails to be called a true open-world survival game. You're basically locked to where you can travel (the road). Subnautica and Ground as still the top 2 in the genre for me.

Tom

I am a FH squatter

yeah corrugated sides won't do signal strength any favours. Like light, radio waves like to bounce off surfaces. That can be really handy in a building. Think of a pitch black building, no light whatsoever, you're upstairs, and someone downstairs turns a red light on. You'll see that light, very faintly, on a wall somewhere. Radio propagates in exactly the same way. But signals modulated over RF are also timing dependent. If you have corrugated surfaces, the receiver will see the signal coming to it dozens of times, all at very slightly different times. So it'll just get confused and be unable to decode anything.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Microsoft need to stop moving features which stop tenant to tenant migrations.

Thanks for causing me a 5 hours of grunt work because you don't understand the value of exporting and importing.

Also fuck the Power Platform teams not communicating.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The minimised look of the new teams is the only thing I like. Also the Loop integration.

Other than that.. Bah.
I hate that you can't @ message in the search bar anymore, extra steps for nothing

Embattle

FH is my second home
The council telling you the land on which you saw a whole load of rubbish on is private land and that you should contact the land owner, even though it was clearly thrown from the layby.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom