SPAM random annoying things

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Maybe but before I got to that part imagine the scene:

1. Deebs sat on a little stool with a cup in hand.
2. Big black bucket in front of him.
3. Cue sad music.
4. Deebs emptying out 1 tea cup at a time water with bits of carpet which stick to fucking everything.
5. Loud cursing.
6. Goto 1

I still have a bath mat covered in the crap which I am waiting to dry before I beat the hell out of it to see if that will satisfy my urge to burn the washing machine in the back garden. Cor if only I had a grenade, remove pin, chuck in washing machine, shut door, run like fuck, watch as the thing explodes. (NB. washing machine would have been put in garden before attempting these steps)
FFS...... :rolleyes:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Matthew McConaughey mumbling incoherently throughout Interstellar. I thought my copy was borked. Nolan actually directed him to talk like a man with four cocks in his mouth. Oh well. I'll re-watch it with subtitles.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Matthew McConaughey mumbling incoherently throughout Interstellar. I thought my copy was borked. Nolan actually directed him to talk like a man with four cocks in his mouth. Oh well. I'll re-watch it with subtitles.
I don't have a big problem with it in Interstellar. There's bits of it where the music is supposed to convey the story (like when Michael Caine tells the redhead the truth and she runs off - you're not supposed to hear what she says).

But yeah, most "normal" directors think that the audience probably want to be able to hear what the dialogue is...

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Its a great movie, don't get me wrong. Its not as if he's playing a bit part. He's the protagonist. Maybe its my age. At least I wasn't yelling out "get a haircut", "kids these days"...

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
You talk about terrible audio choices and yet no one has mentioned the first part of Dune. I know it was mixed for obnoxious levels of cinema audio but Jesus Christ the digital versions are bad.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Some words Americans can't pronounce
Watching a Youtube and the name Archimedes came up. (you know the ancient Greek guy)
The guy on the video insisted on pronouncing it as "Arch,Im-ideez" (paroxytonic stress)
Noooo !

Carbon60

One of Freddy's beloved
The Nolan movie I had an dialogue issue with was Tenet. Considering how it's a bit difficult to follow the story anyway to have no idea what the actors were saying also meant at times I had no idea what was going on.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The Nolan movie I had an dialogue issue with was Tenet. Considering how it's a bit difficult to follow the story anyway to have no idea what the actors were saying also meant at times I had no idea what was going on.
Agree on this one. Tenet was a bit pap tbh.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Android.
I need to copy one file from /data/user/0
but to gain access to it I need to root
But unlocking the bootloader completely wipes the phone

Is there any way of getting access to it ?

(I've tried multiple file managers. No access. Tried using Helium, but the app is locked)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The fact that it takes 30+ minutes to send BTC.

The future, my red rosy arse.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Done my back in. I was up at 2:30 on Saturday morning, up now. Can't wait for work on Monday.

All from mowing the fucking lawn.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Done my back in. I was up at 2:30 on Saturday morning, up now. Can't wait for work on Monday.

All from mowing the fucking lawn.
Pilates m8. Find yourself a class full of old women who put you to shame physically.

I wish there was something near me tbh. When I was doing it regularly (twice a week) in Nottingham it was completely transformative in about three months. Can't sell it too hard tbh.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Pilates m8. Find yourself a class full of old women who put you to shame physically.

I wish there was something near me tbh. When I was doing it regularly (twice a week) in Nottingham it was completely transformative in about three months. Can't sell it too hard tbh.
Fucking hell, now I have an image of @Scouse in leggings and a leotard that is riding his crack, leg warmers, head ring or whatever they are called to stop the sweat from reaching his eyes and a bulging nether region where the grannies can see the outline of his semi-hard manhood attempting to rise to this special occasion.

It is not even 7am on a Sunday morning. FFS.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Whatever floats your boat m8. If you want to crack one out on that very specific fantasy of me feel free. I cannae blame ya :)

Seriously tho: Despite classes being overwhelmingly female - pilates was invented by a man who used physical science whilst creating it. It's proper good and designed around fixing your core (as well as the peripherals) - so it's amazing for backs.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

I'll be back on the bike soon, that will sort me out. Core has gone to shit over the winter.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin

back when I still did some MTB I'd occasionally meet an old lady on a hilly bit near here (hilly being a relative term in these parts). I'd be on my swish bike grinding up the path to get to a downhill bit and she'd be coming back from the shops or whatever on an old bike with no gears. dude, that old lady would power up that hill like it was nothing even toting a couple grocery bags, and I'd be hard pressed to keep up let alone consider overtaking her :eek:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
in other news: yesterday evening I had just poured myself a nice ice cold glass of ginger beer and was about to settle into a Dwarf Fortress session when I knocked over said glass, -it was brimming btw- like the complete muppet I am, and while most of it handily poured into my lap, some of it doused my keyboard. anyway long story short I watched the power LED go out and my PC beeped forlornly at me. no more clacky clacky :( I opened it up and dried it off but no worky.

its a mechanical with like a million miles on it and I love it. I use it every day and know it so well I touch type like 200 words a minute on it or something. so I was peeved. vexed even. I then forked out for a new one and was somewhat amazed that it is currently more expensive to get a mechanical without leds than it is to get one infested with colours. I just got a mail that its been posted, so tomorrow, hopefully.

anyway anyway, just now I thought, fuck it I'll give it another go and lo and behold the silly thing works again. oh well serves me right I guess :eek:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Spares are good teedles :)

Had a dog loose in our field today and it went for one of our lady geese. I think she's OK and I didn't utterly bawl out the owner (she reminded me of Holden's squeeze from The Expanse).

I took her into my barn and lay down with her on top of me - I couldn't think of any other position where she wouldn't be in some sort of distress.

Of course, when she relaxed she did the predictable - completely emptied the contents of her sizeable bowels all over me. I was soaked in goose shit and piss. :eek:

Thankfully, it's not much worse than watery grass.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
in other news: yesterday evening I had just poured myself a nice ice cold glass of ginger beer and was about to settle into a Dwarf Fortress session when I knocked over said glass, -it was brimming btw- like the complete muppet I am, and while most of it handily poured into my lap, some of it doused my keyboard. anyway long story short I watched the power LED go out and my PC beeped forlornly at me. no more clacky clacky :( I opened it up and dried it off but no worky.

its a mechanical with like a million miles on it and I love it. I use it every day and know it so well I touch type like 200 words a minute on it or something. so I was peeved. vexed even. I then forked out for a new one and was somewhat amazed that it is currently more expensive to get a mechanical without leds than it is to get one infested with colours. I just got a mail that its been posted, so tomorrow, hopefully.

anyway anyway, just now I thought, fuck it I'll give it another go and lo and behold the silly thing works again. oh well serves me right I guess :eek:

You can fix it easily. Buy a bottle of 70% isopropyl alcohol from Amazon or whatever. Take the keyboard apart. Clean all fucked keys with the alcohol - immerse them in it, it won't hurt anything. Use a toothbrush with the alcohol on the PCB to give that a clean although that shouldn't matter much. Once dry it'll work again just fine.

You can actually clean PCBs in a dishwasher if you like, just as long as there's no moving parts.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The fact that it takes 30+ minutes to send BTC.

The future, my red rosy arse.
Different cryptos have different time to finality. Whatever happens in 20 years and whatever combination of differing technologies we use you can be sure it'll be instant.

VISA are bricking it because they're very expensive and technically quite slow - crypto can do it at a fraction of the cost, a fraction of the carbon, with total transparency and, transactionally, completely fraud-free. (The fraud will come at the know-your-customer side - but there are independents setting up tracking criminal crypto transactions and securing prosecutions because everyone can read the blockchains - so anyone can track the transactions).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Looks like Trump, his kids and his cronies nailed it:
Daniella Weiss, 78 ... already has a list of 500 families ready to move to Gaza immediately.

"I have friends in Tel Aviv, so they say, 'Don't forget to keep for me a plot near the coast in Gaza,' because it's a beautiful, beautiful coast, beautiful golden sand"

She tells them the plots on the coast are already booked

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Looks like Trump, his kids and his cronies nailed it:

When you say nailed it, you mean advocated for it, not predicted it as a warning. Very different implication.

Also:

"Opinion polls suggest that most Israelis oppose resettling Gaza, and it is not government policy, but since the Hamas attacks on 7 October it is being talked about out loud - by some of the loudest and most extreme voices in Israel's government."

So, some cunts.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
When you say nailed it, you mean advocated for it, not predicted it as a warning. Very different implication.
Nah. Trump just called it like it is.

And like it's going to happen.

"Opinion polls suggest that most Israelis oppose resettling Gaza, and it is not government policy, but since the Hamas attacks on 7 October it is being talked about out loud - by some of the loudest and most extreme voices in Israel's government."

So, some cunts.

No. Not cunts*. It may not not been written down but it's 100% Israeli government policy.

"Evidence", you ask? Everything Israel has been doing since Israel was invented.

Don't be disingenuous. It doesn't suit you.

Edit:
*Well, yes actually. Cunts.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Nah. Trump just called it like it is.

And like it's going to happen.

Sure - Trump is the sage here:

Donald Trump has voiced explicit backing for Israel’s war on Gaza, suggesting that he supports the goal expressed by the hardline government in Tel Aviv of continuing the assault until “total victory”.

Asked if he is “on board” with the way Israel was “taking the fight to Gaza”, the frontrunner for the Republican US presidential nomination responded: “You’ve got to finish the problem”.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
No. Not cunts*. It may not not been written down but it's 100% Israeli government policy.

"Evidence", you ask? Everything Israel has been doing since Israel was invented.

Don't be disingenuous. It doesn't suit you.
mmm'kay

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Is it going to happen? Absolutely, is Trump some sort of sage for saying it out loud? Not really, wasn't his son in law talking about it as an investment opportunity some weeks ago?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom