SPAM random annoying things

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I love my steam deck, but I do wish that offline playing time would properly sync with the cloud when connected. I have something like 50 offline hours on Vampire Survivors and it keeps jumping back to 20 hours when I reconnect.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Does anyone play anything other than Vampire Survivors on the steam deck?

Seems like a very expensive gameboy if that's not the case. :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Loads of stuff, did all of Titanfall 2 when it went under a fiver a could of months back. The updated Quake II. It's getting a bit of a break at the moment because I'm playing star trek infinite but since it arrived basically all my gaming has been on the deck.

The price drop on the 64GB version at the moment makes it the same price as an oled switch but this lets you run what you want on it.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I played Assassins Creed, haven't got around to the sequels yet. Wreckfest is brilliant on it. Truth be told I still love gaming, but I find I have much less patience these days getting into new games. The biggest obstacle for me is learning new controls.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Ive not bought one yet, plan on getting myself one for xmas, I will mostly be using it for emulation and the odd bit of football manager.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It lends itself to certain games. I've never had a console (went straight from Commodore computers to a PC) so the sticks and buttons are quite confusing to me. I certainly can't play FPS games, joysticks and buttons are just shite compared to a mouse. But a whole bunch of other games I wouldn't entertain on the PC are now open to me on the deck.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
It lends itself to certain games. I've never had a console (went straight from Commodore computers to a PC) so the sticks and buttons are quite confusing to me. I certainly can't play FPS games, joysticks and buttons are just shite compared to a mouse. But a whole bunch of other games I wouldn't entertain on the PC are now open to me on the deck.
Worth pointing out of you've got an android TV stick, you can download the Steam link app, hook it up to the deck and steam to your TV

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Took my daughter (13) to her first proper gig on Friday (Melanie Martinez who is weird but not actually too bad). It's the first time I'd been to an indoor, standing gig for years, and...fucking phones! Just a sea of smartphones all basically videoing other people's phones! They're going to have to redesign concert stages and put the artist higher up so people can see past all the bellends sticking their phones in the air.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Took my daughter (13) to her first proper gig on Friday (Melanie Martinez who is weird but not actually too bad). It's the first time I'd been to an indoor, standing gig for years, and...fucking phones! Just a sea of smartphones all basically videoing other people's phones! They're going to have to redesign concert stages and put the artist higher up so people can see past all the bellends sticking their phones in the air.
My daughter (13 in January) also loves Melanie Martinez. I don't really get it myself. Because of her autism she is constantly setting me quizzes on her :/

DaGaffer

My daughter (13 in January) also loves Melanie Martinez. I don't really get it myself. Because of her autism she is constantly setting me quizzes on her :/

I did a Youtube crash course before the gig, so I now know a bit about the persona and backstory; I don't give a shit, but could understand what was going on a bit (there's a very odd video that runs in the background of the show that looks like it was created using an Unreal engine from 2000).

I liked the support (Upsahl) a lot more actually.

It was also funny because the place was full of teenage girls who had no gig experience/etiquette; this girl taps me on the back and asks me to move because I was blocking her view! In a packed standing gig. "Yeah, no, sorry, doesn't work that way".

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Given her main audience seems to be teen and tween girls I'd feel like a nonce being cramped up in a gig setting :/

Wij

I am a FH squatter
My son Matthew (15) got a free ticket to see The Prodigy in Leeds on Saturday night. Much more acceptable imo.

DaGaffer

Given her main audience seems to be teen and tween girls I'd feel like a nonce being cramped up in a gig setting :/

Under 16s can't go to gigs on their own in Ireland so it was a sea of teens with oasies of grey and/or bald Dad heads sticking out of the mass.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Under 16s can't go to gigs on their own in Ireland so it was a sea of teens with oasies of grey and/or bald Dad heads sticking out of the mass.
I think me and my mates were 14 when we went to see Iron Maiden.

Not many girls though :)

DaGaffer

I think me and my mates were 14 when we went to see Iron Maiden.

Not many girls though :)

I went to see The Specials when I was 13 and snuck out of boarding school and took a train ride to do it. If either of my kids tried that they'd be grounded for a century.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've never been to a music concert.
Does a full moon party in Thailand count? Did that back in 2004, was totally pissed and high on drugs but was a great night.

Oh and I went to the O2 for a DJ Tiesto concert and finally a War of the Worlds "concert" in Brighton - both years ago.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
So, right at home then? ;)

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've never been to a music concert.
Worth doing if you've got a band you like. I've been listening to Garbage (the band) for longer than I care to remember. Every chance I've had I've gone, subject to them having new material. From standing 2 ft away from them in a dive in Camden to sitting at a table on the balcony of the Troxy and every time has been a unique experience.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I went to see The Specials when I was 13 and snuck out of boarding school and took a train ride to do it. If either of my kids tried that they'd be grounded for a century.
I always wonder why parents don't look back at their own youth and go "nah, that was fine tbh". :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I've also seen both of those live, and they were great. :)

Stereophonics had awful sound, almost as if the sound system was out of sync. Oasis was full of twats (quite late on in their day)

georgie

FH is my second home
Stereophonics had awful sound, almost as if the sound system was out of sync. Oasis was full of twats (quite late on in their day)

I saw Oasis 3 times, once in a club (100ish? people), once in a 7,000ish arena type thing and then at Knebworth (125,000). The club one was the best, and Knebworth was certainly an experience.

A few years back I went to see an Oasis cover band in a tiny club (50ish people), they were doing a full run through of Definitely Maybe for an anniversary or something. They made it to the second song before a fight broke out and the police showed up and shut it down. Alas the music does seem to attract a few twats.

DaGaffer

First time I saw Oasis was at The Leadmill in Sheffield, entirely by accident; it was a few weeks before their first single came out, and it was obvious they were going to be huge.

Saw Stereophonics at Glasto and they were great.

First time I saw the Happy Mondays they were all completely off their tits and we're so bad it was funny, and fortunately the Inspiral Carpets were the support and they were amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom