SPAM random annoying things

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
TV license fee hikes

Embattle

FH is my second home
Another tenner a year, cost of living, blah blah blah. Inflation linked tax.

Technically it is less than it was supposed to be increased by due to the government using a different formula, new cost will be £169.50.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Technically it is less than it was supposed to be increased by due to the government using a different formula.
Drinking the KOOL aid there Emb, a less shit deal than the more shit deal they suggested to start with does not take away the stench

Embattle

FH is my second home
Drinking the KOOL aid there Emb, a less shit deal than the more shit deal they suggested to start with does not take away the stench

Just the reality of a TV licence and inflation, no KOOL aid required.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Having to take the car to an exhaust fabricator, because Vauxhall decided that they were going to only make 5k of this model and use unique parts on it, for reasons.

It's a fucking Corsa.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Having to take the car to an exhaust fabricator, because Vauxhall decided that they were going to only make 5k of this model and use unique parts on it, for reasons.

It's a fucking Corsa.

In fairness it's often cheaper to go to an exhaust fabricator than fit the OEM stuff in my experience.

They might ask you to remove the "Powered by Fairy Dust" sticker though.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I do less than 5k a year, it's not a normal Corsa, hence the stupid exhaust manifold, it was my wife's car and has less than 40k miles on it. It does me.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The number of people responding to the covid inquiry whatsapp thing saying "but the whatsapps are stored on whatsapp servers".

FUCKING GET A BRAIN YOU CUNTS.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
The number of people responding to the covid inquiry whatsapp thing saying "but the whatsapps are stored on whatsapp servers".

FUCKING GET A BRAIN YOU CUNTS.
Well strictly speaking your chat log backups are, and they are by default stored unencrypted.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well strictly speaking your chat log backups are, and they are by default stored unencrypted.
So the actual conversations are E2E encrypted when you're having them, but they plain-text them on the backend?

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
So the actual conversations are E2E encrypted when you're having them, but they plain-text them on the backend?
The way Whatsapp encryption works while the messages are in transit it's all encrypted and not even Whatsapp can read them. However the automated backups are just a dump of the data already stored on your phone. It's only recently that they offered a feature to encrypt that backup archive but you have to manually enable it and set your own password. These backups are how authorities have been able to read some peoples chat logs without cracking their phone.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The way Whatsapp encryption works while the messages are in transit it's all encrypted and not even Whatsapp can read them. However the automated backups are just a dump of the data already stored on your phone. It's only recently that they offered a feature to encrypt that backup archive but you have to manually enable it and set your own password. These backups are how authorities have been able to read some peoples chat logs without cracking their phone.
Well you learn something new every day.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yes but the backups are uploaded to Drive or iCloud. Not Whatsapp.

Anyway we all know they deleted them on purpose. They're stupid, but not that stupid.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Yes but the backups are uploaded to Drive or iCloud. Not Whatsapp.

Anyway we all know they deleted them on purpose. They're stupid, but not that stupid.
Lying about it though.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I lost some messages due to WhatsApp not seemingly properly integrating with my Google account, but I don't believe that has anything at all to do with this case.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Ministers, "Losing" correspondence, that was discussing the running of the country, during a pandemic, would have brought governments down, 20 odd years ago.

Today, it's just the weekly Tory bollocks.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Trying to find sandstone edging stones that aren't reconstituted concrete or some resin-bound shit. Why is it so hard to find simple, natural stuff?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Just replacing a shitty fence with a hedge in my front garden. Cut a trench for it yesterday with a 450mm floor saw. Gonna dig all that hardcore out and put soil in, then edging stones, then plant a hedge. Better for wildlife.

Attachments

• PXL_20231218_141232152.jpg
    PXL_20231218_141232152.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 12

Tom

I am a FH squatter
£32 per linear metre of 50mm thick 300mm tall york stone (basically sandstone). Chunky as fuck and I almost had to adjust my rear view mirror upwards driving back home :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom