SPAM random annoying things

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
My first 'gig' was the Glastonbury year of mud in 1997. I remember seeing The Prodigy, Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, Chemical Brothers, Placebo, Beth Orton and Daft Punk amongst others. I think I peaked too early because nothing since ever topped that lineup.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
First time I saw Oasis was at The Leadmill in Sheffield, entirely by accident; it was a few weeks before their first single came out, and it was obvious they were going to be huge.

Saw Stereophonics at Glasto and they were great.

First time I saw the Happy Mondays they were all completely off their tits and we're so bad it was funny, and fortunately the Inspiral Carpets were the support and they were amazing.
I can’t even remember anyone I saw at the Leadmill as I was on acid quite a lot at Uni.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I can’t even remember anyone I saw at the Leadmill as I was on acid quite a lot at Uni.
I friend of mine says his band supported Pulp there and blew them away but he would say that :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I friend of mine says his band supported Pulp there and blew them away but he would say that :)
He would say "blew them away" as he gave them all a blowjob afterwards.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Still not sleeping. I blame @BloodOmen for it.

So I decided to update all my home switches to the latest software version and realised I have so many of the bloody things as you can see (the offline ones are still here, just not in use.......)

1700542331020.png

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I have tinnitus now so can't stand loud noises, my earliest concert was Jean Michel Jarre at Docklands in 1988. Amazing memories of that one. I went to Cities in the Park at Heaton Park in 1991. Saw Del Amitri in Manchester around the same time. JMJ again at Maine Road in 1993. I don't think I've been to much after that because ticket prices went stupidly expensive.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I have tinnitus now so can't stand loud noises, my earliest concert was Jean Michel Jarre at Docklands in 1988. Amazing memories of that one. I went to Cities in the Park at Heaton Park in 1991. Saw Del Amitri in Manchester around the same time. JMJ again at Maine Road in 1993. I don't think I've been to much after that because ticket prices went stupidly expensive.
Ah it is not only me, my tinnitus is awful as well, seems to have gotten worse over the last year I reckon.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Still not sleeping. I blame @BloodOmen for it.

So I decided to update all my home switches to the latest software version and realised I have so many of the bloody things as you can see (the offline ones are still here, just not in use.......)

View attachment 48367

My setup is rather simple including 2x Zyxel 2.5 Gigabit Switch MG-105 and 2x Asus XT12.

I'm fairly sure I got tinnitus after being on a drug for my Crohn's called Asacol for a couple of years, with time my brain has managed to cancel it out to some degree.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ordering same day from Amazon, looking at the tracking map and then realising you are the last fucker on his delivery day or near enough. The van is so fucking close!!!!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh and I am desperate for a sit down on the loo. ARGH!!!!

Embattle

FH is my second home
Modern Ladders with all there safety features, including the inability to split a two piece extension ladder into separate parts. We had to cut some ribbons, pop some rivets, etc. just to get it in to two parts.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Modern Ladders with all there safety features, including the inability to split a two piece extension ladder into separate parts. We had to cut some ribbons, pop some rivets, etc. just to get it in to two parts.
why make it even harder? My Dad has a 2 piece ladder that can split in two. When it is lying flat you can do it with a little bit of effort, when it is upright with someone on it, no chance. What is the risk? It has metal guides, hooks which lock its height.

Cannot fathom how someone can get it wrong as it just won't work. Fucking HS&E worldwide need to do one sometimes.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The absolute state of our NHS, A&E is a glorified porta-cabin, but they have made sure there are 2 costa coffees, an M&S and a Subway, right next to A&E.

Wife had done her ankle, we turned up at 8, must be casual Monday.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Tips (or "refuse and reclycing centres" as they're now known :eek:)

What happened to the old days of driving up, dumping everything down the slope thing into the same pile ?
Now you gotta carry stuff to 15 different areas whilst trying not to get killed by JCBs and van drivers who reverse without checking whats behind them first.

Clearing out my Dad's garage. He accumulated a lot of crap over 40+ years.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Tips (or "refuse and reclycing centres" as they're now known :eek:)

What happened to the old days of driving up, dumping everything down the slope thing into the same pile ?
Now you gotta carry stuff to 15 different areas whilst trying not to get killed by JCBs and van drivers who reverse without checking whats behind them first.

Clearing out my Dad's garage. He accumulated a lot of crap over 40+ years.

Its too expensive to hire people to do that anymore, too many old people not enough tax payers :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Seems running a test today it isn't a common Cold but COVID my dad has bought into the house, thus waiting for a call back from 111 as I'm on immunosuppressants.
Hope all is good m8.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Virgin Media.

On the phone to them "I've had a lousy connection all week, dropping connections in Teams , can't play games at all".
"We can't see anything wrong"
"ORLY?"
1702069739398.png

Still won't do anything. Cunts.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Got basic sky broadband. I don't need high speed internet for anything. Bit of browser gaming and youtube. Its been extremely reliable. If I need to download anything quick I'll use my mobile.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Virgin Media.

On the phone to them "I've had a lousy connection all week, dropping connections in Teams , can't play games at all".
"ORLY?"
View attachment 48450

I fucking hate Virgin Media. Raised complaints to them a few times. Thank fuck we have had other fibre fitted a few weeks back on our street. Once this contract is up I’m off.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Hope all is good m8.

Well naturally concerned with my general run down feeling and an annoying sharpish pain near right shoulder.

I talked to an initial operator on 111 who went through some questions then another person was to call me, a paramedic this time but both were more concerned about the possibilities of heart issues but we're content that the pain in my shoulder is related to COVID since the pain didn't result crushing etc.

The paramedic organised for a person from COVID response team to call me, about 10 minutes later a doctor called me to discuss my COVID and health. After that he organised a prescription of Paxlovid due to being on immunosuppressants.

Naturally they all said call 999 or go to A&E if things get worse, such as my Spo level drops low etc.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Virgin Media.

"ORLY?"
View attachment 48450

Had the same with EE and my (only) local tower. I did a topographical signal strength map for them after they fucked it due to "works".

They fessed up to their hardware being broken and service being shite and still won't do owt.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I fucking hate Virgin Media. Raised complaints to them a few times. Thank fuck we have had other fibre fitted a few weeks back on our street. Once this contract is up I’m off.
I wish I had an alternative :(

Embattle

FH is my second home
What a complete cluster fuck getting the anti viral drug I need is, it is a drug called Paxlovid and no regular pharmacy holds them even though you have to take them within 5 days of symptoms of COVID.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Problem I have is there was no other Telco line into the house when we moved in, so Virgin were the default. To get fibre in I'd have to get Eir (Irish equivalent of BT) to put it in, and contract with them for two years before I could switch to another provider like Sky, and fear is just, "am I going to get just as much grief for all the effort?"

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Problem I have is there was no other Telco line into the house when we moved in, so Virgin were the default. To get fibre in I'd have to get Eir (Irish equivalent of BT) to put it in, and contract with them for two years before I could switch to another provider like Sky, and fear is just, "am I going to get just as much grief for all the effort?"
Had that for years. I would have left years ago but the best anyone else could offer was 4 megabit :/

Embattle

FH is my second home
Finally got Paxlovid a few hours ago by a taxi, Royal Devon and Exeter COVID Medicine Delivery Unit took control of it and got it sorted quickly and professionally.

It is times like this you realise that sometimes things don't work as well as they should, certainly not integrated as well as they should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom