SPAM random annoying things

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The Taliban have an airforce? For a few weeks, maybe. Then those aircraft will break and they won't be able to fix them.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The Taliban have an airforce? For a few weeks, maybe. Then those aircraft will break and they won't be able to fix them.

They'll just take the weapons off and put them on a Toyota Hilux.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So then. Hermes.

I suspect they're intrinsically criminal.

I normally avoid anyone who I know uses Hermes but I bought some very expensive bike lights off Wiggle.

I paid for the Saturday delivery. Almost immediately got a message saying it'd be delayed, got a text today saying "your Hermes delivery was attemped to be delivered" with a link to a website trying to charge for redelivery.

Tonight I got an email from Hermes telling me that my parcel is late (no shit!) and they'll never charge for redelivery, so watch out for phishing. :eek:

Now, I wasn't going to follow the link and pay but I did think it was genuine simply because of the timing. - somebody knows I have a Hermes delivery and they have my phone number.

I reckon it's fucking hermes running a criminal enterprise on the side...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So then. Hermes.

I normally avoid anyone who I know uses Hermes but I bought some very expensive bike lights off Wiggle.

I paid for the Saturday delivery. Almost immediately got a message saying it'd be delayed, got a text today saying "your Hermes delivery was attemped to be delivered" with a link to a website trying to charge for redelivery.

Tonight I got an email from Hermes telling me that my parcel is late (no shit!) and they'll never charge for redelivery, so watch out for phishing. :eek:

Now, I wasn't going to follow the link and pay but I did think it was genuine simply because of the timing. - somebody knows I have a Hermes delivery and they have my phone number.

Coincidence. They send enough of those out to hit every now and then. I had one for ups the other day. Made me think twice before ignoring it cause i was expecting deliveries and didnt know the courier .

JBP|

Part of the furniture
So then. Hermes.

Exact same thing happened to one of the girls at work this weekend. Except it was claiming to be from Dpd

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
So then. Hermes.

Wouldn't surprise me, they already sell half their deliveries on ebay. As soon as I hear about a company using either Hermes or Yodel I immediately contact them for a full refund, it's just not worth waiting to see if you get your parcel or not.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
It does sound a bit dodgy. Maybe the scammers have access to Hermes data. Perhaps Hermes have been hacked and are unaware or unable to fix it?

Embattle

FH is my second home
Most my stuff is fine via Hermes although DPD have been the best and Yodel the worst, although even saying that I rarely have an issue with Yodel.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
TeamViewer suddenly pissing about with my speaker volume.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Well, for the most part it works for me. I have several BI programs that are licensed to my work windows log in, so the simplest way of managing WFH/In the office is to just control my work PC directly. I'm also a lazy fucker that dumps whatever I am working on, prototype reports etc onto my desktop.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Non USB-C devices.

I'm actually ok if I buy something and it's the old Micro USB standard as I've still got a cable on my desk for that.

It's the headphones work sent me as a gift to make up for not going to California this year - a pair of PowerBeats Pro, which are quite good as headphones go, but are Apple, so have their shite interpretation of USB-C.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Returned a hire car, absolutely no damage to it while in my care.

Man said it was fine, I walked off.

Get home, there's an email saying they found some damage.

They can fuck right off. Firstly, I didn't damage it. Secondly, finding damage after I've left = damaging it and blaming me after I've left.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Write to the head office complaints, not the hire location. I had the same shit a few years back. They accepted the car back as good. Argue any damage obviously happened after that inspection.

They try it on, arseholes.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Returned a hire car, absolutely no damage to it while in my care.

Man said it was fine, I walked off.

Get home, there's an email saying they found some damage.

They can fuck right off. Firstly, I didn't damage it. Secondly, finding damage after I've left = damaging it and blaming me after I've left.

Which rental company?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Don't forget to slap it on social media if they argue, @Tom

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Sixt. It isn't on my credit card, it was booked for me by my employer this week. Which is worse for me tbh, I don't like clients having to deal with this. There is absolutely no way, not even 1% chance, that I damaged it. Lying fucking cunts.

It was in Sweden, I wonder if I can make an EU data claim for CCTV footage. It'll show the bloke checking it and not finding any issues at all, and me walking off.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Had the same shit, I didn't even use the car in the end, they dropped it at work. They still claimed I had damaged it. Unfortunately for them, we had CCTV of the delivery guy reversing it into a post.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I didn't even reply to their first email:

"Dear Mr Tom Weebl

We have decided not proceed with the request for compensation on the above mentioned matter. Please be informed that this case is now closed.

Thank You for choosing SIXT!"

Twats.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The Tories pandering to the meat industry to use prison labour to keep meat processing wages low

We can go full USA now we're brexited. Maybe introduce a 3 strikes rule - if we're going to use slave, sorry, prison labour then we'll need more prisoners eh?

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I didn't even reply to their first email:

"Dear Mr Tom Weebl

We have decided not proceed with the request for compensation on the above mentioned matter. Please be informed that this case is now closed.

Thank You for choosing SIXT!"

Twats.

Maybe they just send a notice to every customer, hoping they'll be able to squeeze a hundred quid of one in ten customers?

SilverHood

FH is my second home
That'd be the quickest way imaginable of never getting repeat business.

Might not be endemic, just one location. Charge for damage, his "mate" fixes it, and they split the cash. Maybe I'm just seeing corruption everywhere? :D

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I bet the conversation went "did you get the customer to sign the form agreeing that the car is damaged? No?"

They never fix these cars anyway, they go to auction with all the damage intact. It's just a money-making scam.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Ring pushing out an update that stops the doorbell from ringing for over an hour. Only happened to be walking past a window to see a very grumpy delivery driver so got our Chinese. Phoned them and the call centre dickhead started banging on about an update that was "improving my experience" I explained that the very basic "experience" I wanted was my doorbell to actually ring.

Ridiculous that an update stops doorbells from ringing. Uninstalling it at the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom