SPAM random annoying things

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
True - but I don't really care. Biden's the current prez and they've got a majority. They could have stopped it but didn't.

Not fair on the UN as a non-military organisation. It's a talking shop - it was designed like that. You can't "grow some balls" when you're the UN and make shit happen when you've not got that power. But it's still a useful organisation.
What the fuck? So what are UN peace keepers there for? I am sure they have been involved in military actions in the past....

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What do you mean by "grow some balls" then @Deebs?

They don't have a military, so what do you think the UN to do, reasonably, in this situation?

It's the UK that should grow some balls. We got in on the ground floor with the US on this one. We followed them around like a suck-dick lapdog. WE shouldn't have exited the way we did, regardless of whether the US decided to.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
What do you mean by "grow some balls" then @Deebs?

They don't have a military, so what do you think the UN to do, reasonably, in this situation?

It's the UK that should grow some balls. We got in on the ground floor with the US on this one. We followed them around like a suck-dick lapdog. WE shouldn't have exited the way we did, regardless of whether the US decided to.
Send in their peace keepers like they have done in the past. I am ashamed at the UK, US, NATO and UN at this complete fuckup.

But the UN has an armed force known as UN peace keepers who have been involved in military deployments contrary to your comment that the UN are not military.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
What the fuck? So what are UN peace keepers there for? I am sure they have been involved in military actions in the past....

The Useless Nations peace keeping forces tend to cause more problems than they solve. The only exceptions is when they are highly trained European armies, and even then, it's not all roses.

The way I see it, the Western world has 3 choices when it comes to Afghanistan:
1. Leave it the fuck alone, isolate it, treat it like Cuba
2. Engage in proxy wars to destabilize the country
3. Engage peacefully with the new regime

The Taliban are barbarians, but I don't see any option but 3 working out long term.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
True - but I don't really care. Biden's the current prez and they've got a majority. They could have stopped it but didn't.

Not fair on the UN as a non-military organisation. It's a talking shop - it was designed like that. You can't "grow some balls" when you're the UN and make shit happen when you've not got that power. But it's still a useful organisation.

A democracy is fundamentally weak when it comes to conflict, because it's all about getting voted back in again - 'we're going back to Afghanistan, because things are getting pretty bad there' is a sure fire way not to get elected again.

Especially when you consider the lack of sympathy towards the Afghan people from both the US and UK public.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
So how was saving americans in Somali a peace keeping operation?

There was a UN mandate to assist with providing humanitarian aid in the Somali provinces, Resolution 794. It was never a peace keeping mission. Use of forces was authorized against warlords preventing the delivery of aid to the civilian population. The whole Black Hawk Down thing was a massive US fuck-up, not a UN operation.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
There was a UN mandate to assist with providing humanitarian aid in the Somali provinces, Resolution 794. It was never a peace keeping mission. Use of forces was authorized against warlords preventing the delivery of aid to the civilian population. The whole Black Hawk Down thing was a massive US fuck-up, not a UN operation.
But the UN helped US soldiers.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

The UN was setup to be a military organisation though, the original plans were that they'd fly into any country, and fuck them up if they threatened neighbours.

The problem is (and with the League of Nations) is that all the major powers watered down what they were meant to be so they're not a threat to their power.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The UN is a worthless and spineless organization that does fuckall apart from spew words.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ah. A rainbow from @Embattle.

I guess you think none of this is to do with us is it Embattle? That we bear no responsibility and actually we've done really good shit for the past 20 years, or something. Even if it was for nothing and has ended up with nearly a quarter of a million deaths.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sorry m8. Your idea of what the UN actually is and does is a fantasy.
Disagree. The UN has sent in soldiers in the past to keep the peace. That means they have the ability to call upon soldiers, that means an Army.

Are you click baiting/trolling for the sake of it?

SilverHood

FH is my second home
But the UN helped US soldiers.

Yeah, after they got themselves into a shit show. The UN forces didn't know what the US forces were planning, which is why it took them so long to get organized. The Pakistani UN troops eventually went in to bail them out.

The UN serves as a place for all nations to engage in dialogue. Military operations are approved by the security council, which can be vetod by any sitting member. In general, they don't put forward peacekeeping suggestions unless there's already a volunteer force ready to go. You would have to be insane to volunteer your country's military for peacekeeping duty in Afghanistan. For the most part, the so called peace keepers are in it for the money only. Looting, sex and drug trafficking are all par for the course. It's not a magic cure to any local instability. UN peace keeping pays more than most jobs in their home countries, and comes with relatively little risk.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yeah, after they got themselves into a shit show. The UN forces didn't know what the US forces were planning, which is why it took them so long to get organized. The Pakistani UN troops eventually went in to bail them out.

The UN serves as a place for all nations to engage in dialogue. Military operations are approved by the security council, which can be vetod by any sitting member. In general, they don't put forward peacekeeping suggestions unless there's already a volunteer force ready to go. You would have to be insane to volunteer your country's military for peacekeeping duty in Afghanistan. For the most part, the so called peace keepers are in it for the money only. Looting, sex and drug trafficking are all par for the course. It's not a magic cure to any local instability. UN peace keeping pays more than most jobs in their home countries, and comes with relatively little risk.
You or @Scouse does not get my point. The UN has the capability of deploying military forces. Fact.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You or @Scouse does not get my point. The UN has the capability of deploying military forces. Fact.
I posted the UN's own rules for posting peacekeeping forces. That's what the UN deployments do and are. And there aren't exceptions to that - including Somalia.

If they go in against their own stated rules then they paint a target on the other peacekeepers deployed elsewhere in the world. They cannot and must not violate those rules if they are to serve their function.

WE need to fix this problem - WE created it. Pointing at the UN rather than the UK is a really shitty response tbh.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I posted the UN's own rules for posting peacekeeping forces. That's what the UN deployments do and are. And there aren't exceptions to that - including Somalia.

If they go in against their own stated rules then they paint a target on the other peacekeepers deployed elsewhere in the world. They cannot and must not violate those rules if they are to serve their function.

WE need to fix this problem - WE created it. Pointing at the UN rather than the UK is a really shitty response tbh.
I have blamed the UK, NATO, US and the UN. The UN has the ability to deploy armed men, what do you not understand? The UN has soldiers readily to deploy wherever they what. That is my point.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I have blamed the UK, NATO, US and the UN. The UN has the ability to deploy armed men, what do you not understand? The UN has soldiers readily to deploy wherever they what. That is my point.

There's no UN standing army, and no, the UN cannot deploy armed men as such. They can pass a security resolution that allows for an armed force to be created for a specific purpose, but they can't just make a phone call and then send in the troops. Assuming the resolution passes, they then have to ask UN member states to provide the men and material needed for the armed force, often in return for covering the cost. Most peacekeepers are from poor countries like Bangladesh, Nepal and Ethiopia. They are not fighting units. They're a heavily armed security force at best. Only when the US or European nations get involved, does the UN forces have real teeth, and like Scouse said, there's a tonne of rules that need to be followed. Only in a handful of places have UN peacekeeping been successful, in most places, they made the situation worse.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Broke my sunglasses.

Went to Vision Express (Where I've always bought my glasses from) in Tesco, I said 'Can I have my prescription please, I want to order some sunglasses online. (Because last time I bought them in the shop, they kindly told me I could have paid half the price online)

Bloke says sure, but we don't provide the DFG, the DFGA and the HGHA (these are made up for effect)

'Oh, okay, so what information do I need to order from YOUR COMPANY ONLINE?'

'We don't give advice unless you're buying in the shop'

Fuck buying from Vision Express then :)

Pretty sure if they have those details then you can demand they release them under a subject access request.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
You literally agreed with a post at the start of this page which stated 'I'm sorry, but at what point does clinging to the outside of an aircraft become a viable option?' Which pretty much says they're stupid, and then you backed it up with

You're quite clearly saying that they're backwards people that have no idea how military planes work, when they probably have more exposure to them than everyone in this country.

Keep this up mate, it's really good, I'll give you a heads up when I want to start taking advice from a 40 year old that lives with his parents.
At no point did I call anyone stupid, nor did I use any words to that effect.
What you did was read some words in the form of a question and decide it was time to jump on a high horse and go off on one.
Frankly its just made you look like a condescending twat.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I guess the situation is annoying in afgan.

but its seems to have taken over the random annoying things thread.. can we have an afganistan thread maybe

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I AM the FH Peacekeeping Force today! All of you have a slice of cake and calm down or STFU!

(Please)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom