SPAM random annoying things

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Ring pushing out an update that stops the doorbell from ringing for over an hour. Only happened to be walking past a window to see a very grumpy delivery driver so got our Chinese. Phoned them and the call centre dickhead started banging on about an update that was "improving my experience" I explained that the very basic "experience" I wanted was my doorbell to actually ring.

Ridiculous that an update stops doorbells from ringing. Uninstalling it at the weekend.
Tis why i didnt get a internet controlled door bell. Mine doesnt send its stuff to the cloud and doesnt have a subscription you need to keep paying. @Hawkwind told me about eufy and its great with a storage device in my house. Accessible via phone apps and remotely.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Ring pushing out an update that stops the doorbell from ringing for over an hour. Only happened to be walking past a window to see a very grumpy delivery driver so got our Chinese. Phoned them and the call centre dickhead started banging on about an update that was "improving my experience" I explained that the very basic "experience" I wanted was my doorbell to actually ring.

Ridiculous that an update stops doorbells from ringing. Uninstalling it at the weekend.

I believe the hashtag is #InternetOfShit

Am with @Moriath on this one, no external connection for day to day stuff.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Whacking your hand with a hammer when chiselling out an old gate post. Nice big blood blister on my knuckle.

20210830_120213.jpg

Not my wanking hand.

Embattle

FH is my second home

The rubbish at boardmasters in the SW was terrible as well:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Rich kids...

Even cheap tents are the thick end of £100

Disgusting behaviour. Hopefully someone cleans them and gives them to the homeless.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Energy efficient light bulbs with a 13 year expected life time. All 4 died in less than a year of regular use.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Energy efficient light bulbs with a 13 year expected life time. All 4 died in less than a year of regular use.
Yeah. I suspect con tbh. Or really shit electrics in every house I've been in :(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
When you find an awesome exploit in a game, and you log on the next day and the developers have nerfed it over-night.
Bastards !

:eek:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
This shitty middling weather. Not sunny, not raining, just cold and damp. Off camping shortly, love some rain once set up, love some sunshine, this is just damp.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
This shitty middling weather. Not sunny, not raining, just cold and damp. Off camping shortly, love some rain once set up, love some sunshine, this is just damp.
Nice and sunny down here

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
B&B or tenting it? I am planning on seeing far how up the nene I can get next summer, canoe and tenting.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Just had an interview for a Head of Engineering role.

I've not been that anxious in years. Lucky it was an internal role! Still turned up in a suit jacket & shirt.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

That's quite the Twitter feed. Ireland is full of buildings like that. A friend of ours has just built a brand new (extremely fancy) house down the road, but it does that same "no gutter" thing that half the terrible builds on that thread have, which means the render (currently pristine white) will be a stained mess in five years. We live in Ireland, not Ibiza.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Why would you not have a gutter? Some sort of fashion bollocks?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Problem is I am reliably informed we have a housing crisis in this country meaning that prices are going crazy, so as shoddy as some of them can be, they are a necessary evil. Doesn't excuse ridiculous stuff like that however.

We looked at a couple earlier in the year. They were all Taylor Wimpy and looked decent enough if you got them without the render. Garden wasn't huge but was bigger than what we have in our current rental, interior was nicer than what they were churning out 10 years ago. They just didn't seem particularly great value, and I didn't fancy handing over our deposit 9 months before it was built.

Thing is if new builds are so universally terrible, surely there would be a gap in the market for a company to build them like they used to? Preferably with a proper sized garden?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom