SPAM random annoying things

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Not military. They don't need to invade Pakistan. Sanction Khan and key ISI officials.

You'd need some evidence for that. Isn't Pakistan under Anti-terrorist and terrorist money laundering watch lists already?

Honestly while I'M sure Pakistan are bad actors in all of this, the failures are 90% American because of their total lack of a plan.

Ah well, give it a couple of years and it will become China's problem when Pashtun's start robbing Belt and Road supplies.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
You'd need some evidence for that. Isn't Pakistan under Anti-terrorist and terrorist money laundering watch lists already?

Honestly while I'M sure Pakistan are bad actors in all of this, the failures are 90% American because of their total lack of a plan.

Ah well, give it a couple of years and it will become China's problem when Pashtun's start robbing Belt and Road supplies.
The plan should have been about how to deal with all the foreign actors, primarily the ISI, invading Afghanistan by proxy before deciding to leave.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The plan should have been about how to deal with all the foreign actors, primarily the ISI, invading Afghanistan by proxy before deciding to leave.
Always thought brad pitt was a bit wooden can we include him in the bad actors list?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
A buffer between who though?

Let's not kid ourselves.

The redeployment of troops to Kabul is a clear indicator to the Taliban 'Don't fuck with us whilst we get our guys out, we'll be gone soon and it'll all be yours.'

I don't see why the Taliban would want to threaten that by attacking US/UK troops when they can wait a bit and just grab it all for nothing.

We're a global laughing stock, just following the same 'war of do-gooding' since WW2; war for questionable reasons, soldiers, politicians and citizens not sure why we're actually fighting and then an embarrassing withdrawal with the world watching.
Don't think it really matter who the protection is aimed at thwarting but clearly it's the Taliban.

If you don't think the Taliban would love to get hold of a few foreigners to behead then you really have not been taking notice of how they operate. They love nothing more, makes for great propaganda videos and always good for a money drive.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Don't think it really matter who the protection is aimed at thwarting but clearly it's the Taliban.

If you don't think the Taliban would love to get hold of a few foreigners to behead then you really have not been taking notice of how they operate. They love nothing more, makes for great propaganda videos and always good for a money drive.

As far as I'm aware, they're way more open to the global press, as if they're after some sort of legitimacy that ISIS knew they'd never achieve.

At the end of the day, the troops are being deployed by the UK and the US to stop Afghan citizens from storming airports as the country falls apart, I highly doubt any of them will be in any contact with the Taliban at all, and it's not even intended.

I'm confused to see how people don't see this as a massively embarrassing event, and all the bad actors around the world are laughing at us.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Don't think it is embarrassing, it was inevitable once they destroyed Bin Laden's operation.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Did you just like your own post? :eek:

*yes. I'm jealous I didn't think of it first :eek:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Kicking the stone down the road eh?
I'm not kicking anything and nothing said on this space is going to make one iota of difference in a hugely complex situation. The US mission was not to save Afghanistan, it was retribution.

Go read this, the mistakes were made years ago and it's far too late to remedy.
What is happening now was inevitable.

No-Win War: The Paradox of US-Pakistan Relations in Afghanistan’s Shadow
By Zahid Hussain
ISBN: 978-0190704193355pp.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Not long for Kabul now :( Fighting already started on the outskirts.

What a fucking mess we have made. Gave them hope, the USA under tRump did a shitty deal with the devil, excluded the Afghan Govt from the meetings, then Biden suddenly decides to withdraw, all other NATO members don't have the balls to stay.

Fucking disgraceful.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The whole region will kick off (more) soon, Russia, China, The West will all have to pick sides. China and Russia are already balls deep.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The whole region will kick off (more) soon, Russia, China, The West will all have to pick sides. China and Russia are already balls deep.
The TB must be fucking loving all the new American military hardware they have siezed from the ANA. Makes me wonder how a 300,000 Army can fall so quickly to a 75,000 rabble. Maybe many sleepers in the ANA?

Seeing loads of Chinooks ferrying between the Airport and Kabul as it is stated that the main road is not safe anymore.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The "300,000 Army" is the rabble here, a lot of them were more interested in getting high and molesting children than they were in becoming an effective military force. Secondly, the Taliban have been sneaking around making deals with (and/or threats to) military/civilian leaders on a local level. Lots of them just handed over their territory.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The above is an explanation of how basically the entire country has fallen under Taliban control so quickly, I'm in no way defending the US/NATO decision. They should've recognised how ill-prepared the Afghan forces were and continued at least with air support, instead of just abruptly fucking off.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So if the TB are holding true to their word that they will not enter Kabul fully until the US have finished their evacuations I fear for what happens when that restriction is lifted.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Apparent translation of the TB statement

1629016689185.png

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Wondered why this flight has been holding for so long to land a Kabul

1629019164648.png

Unverified reports indicate that 🇬🇧 2 Para have engaged the TB at the airport.

Embattle

FH is my second home
A couple of things about Afghanistan and how it is similar to the Vietnam War in some areas such as the high level of corruption in both the government and military, a weak domestic military with a lack of determination/will compared to the opposition even with all the foreign investment/support plus a lack of a proper strong plan on what you want compared to the opposition.

Another problem being is just after starting a war in Afghanistan the west decided to start another war with Iraq.

As for the Taliban even when they win I don't think it'll go well, it seems that the Taliban is currently an umbrella for a number of different groups/factions which will likely have a very different idea as to what they want and who should control what in the country so it'll probably get worse for the Afghans.

It was no doubt a hard decision that had to be made but looking at the current situation you could easily make strong arguments for it being right/wrong.

In the end you can't fight someone else's war without a determined domestic population who believe in giving everything for the same reasons.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Looks like they have been cleared for landing, the two over the airport are helicopters as they keep appearing and disappearing and their flight speed is low.

1629021291003.png

Gwadien

The TB must be fucking loving all the new American military hardware they have siezed from the ANA. Makes me wonder how a 300,000 Army can fall so quickly to a 75,000 rabble. Maybe many sleepers in the ANA?

Seeing loads of Chinooks ferrying between the Airport and Kabul as it is stated that the main road is not safe anymore.

There's lots of ghost soldiers in the Afghan army, ie commanders that are claiming pay for soldiers that don't exist, also the soldiers they had were stationed poorly and weren't put in their tribal areas so when they were told to defend their home their response was well this isn't my home.

It's literally the same shit as the rise of ISIS, but as the Taliban are being clever and diplomatic they're not going to openly pose a threat to the west purely to keep us off their backs.

Same shit for that Kabul announcement, they're not doing it because they're nice, that announcement will go out of the window as soon as the allies are gone.

Same as Vietnam and Korea; were backing corrupt democratically elected people that have no love of the people; the Taliban offer a route to prosperity, mainly through the sale of poppies.

I don't understand why we never learn from our mistakes; supporting a corrupt army and corrupt government, focusing on giving infrastructure projects to Afghanistan which the people won't care about when they can't sell the stuff they make anyway.

It's a disgusting embarrassment from the outset, almost as if that was the intent...

Gwadien

Hamid Karzai is staying and apparently setting up a way to peacefully transfer power.

I dunno if he's brave or stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom