SPAM random annoying things

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I have a yellow "Refuse to comply" t shirt from when i was young and edgy, but cant wear it now as its the colour and slogan of choice of anti vaxx nutters

I guess I'll put it in same pile as my red hat with white text on front :(
Sell it online prob get some anti vaxxor pay loads for it lol

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The whole last 20 years of war in Afghanistan just so we lose.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I am not sure anyone has ever invaded Afghanistan and actually won.

A waste of so many lives, but very lucrative for the private sector, construction, security, weapons sales.

I'm wondering if the west has learnt the lesson that if you leave massive power vacuums in stone-age-with-guns countries, then shit goes south quickly. Kuwait is probably the only country that hasn't gone completely nuts after our intervention.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I don't understand why we're not giving them the ISIS treatment; small amount of soldiers on the ground with nice phones calling their buddies in planes.

It's absolutely bonkers that the Taliban said 'OK guys, we want you to leave so we can take over again, sign here please'

'Sure!!!!!!!'

It's even more insulting that both UK and US politicians are all about 'let's not abandon the Afghan people'

Bit late for that...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
How is it that a bunch of muppets on some gaming forum can predict that the Americans would leave Afghanistan and the Taliban would take over 20 minutes later (I just checked in search and I made my own prediction of that on here for the first time in 2008, I'm sure others did it earlier) and yet four US Administrations couldn't figure that out in 18 years?

DaGaffer

Ordered a couple of pairs of trainers for my son for back to school. These are the same size allegedly;
20210812_184311.jpg

Fucking ecommerce...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
How is it that a bunch of muppets on some gaming forum can predict that the Americans would leave Afghanistan and the Taliban would take over 20 minutes later (I just checked in search and I made my own prediction of that on here for the first time in 2008, I'm sure others did it earlier) and yet four US Administrations couldn't figure that out in 18 years?
They haven't even left yet. Just the knowledge that they are leaving was enough for the Afghan army to think that resisting the Taliban would just be delaying the inevitable.

The West has abandoned the Afghans but Pakistan has not abandoned the Taliban.

Gwadien

The recent deployment of troops to Afghanistan will go down as one of the darkest days.

Are they there to prevent the advance of the Taliban or are they there to stop Afghan citizens from storming the airports?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
My understanding is It's a buffer at the airport so they can evacuate people.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
There should be absolutely no question in allowing current Afghans seeking asylum. Any staff and their families, current and previous, should be offered evacuation.

Gwadien

My understanding is It's a buffer at the airport so they can evacuate people.

A buffer between who though?

Let's not kid ourselves.

The redeployment of troops to Kabul is a clear indicator to the Taliban 'Don't fuck with us whilst we get our guys out, we'll be gone soon and it'll all be yours.'

I don't see why the Taliban would want to threaten that by attacking US/UK troops when they can wait a bit and just grab it all for nothing.

We're a global laughing stock, just following the same 'war of do-gooding' since WW2; war for questionable reasons, soldiers, politicians and citizens not sure why we're actually fighting and then an embarrassing withdrawal with the world watching.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
A buffer between who though?

Let's not kid ourselves.

The redeployment of troops to Kabul is a clear indicator to the Taliban 'Don't fuck with us whilst we get our guys out, we'll be gone soon and it'll all be yours.'

I don't see why the Taliban would want to threaten that by attacking US/UK troops when they can wait a bit and just grab it all for nothing.

We're a global laughing stock, just following the same 'war of do-gooding' since WW2; war for questionable reasons, soldiers, politicians and citizens not sure why we're actually fighting and then an embarrassing withdrawal with the world watching.
All this talk of 'forever wars' is just propaganda for dictators. The US has stayed successfully for half a century in South Korea because it knows that the PRC has always been ready to aid North Korea as soon as they leave. If the deterrent needs to be permanent then so be it. Pakistan, with support from Russia and Iran, has no intention of stopping support for the Taliban, they were willing to wage a forever war, so it was inevitable that once US support was withdrawn the country was doomed.

A couple of thousand US troops and a commitment to up it where necessary was a small price to pay for relative stability and denying Al Qaeda, who have not given up links with the Taliban at all, a base. Even if it was potentially for decades.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
A couple of thousand US troops and a commitment to up it where necessary, plus the inevitable excrutiatingly painful deaths of many thousands of civilians who bought in to the dream we sold of a better, freer, life, and the horror of the future for people born under that regime that can now see what life will mean for them was a small price to pay
FTFY.

But, you know, Assange.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
anyone trying to take on the taliban are a bit stupid.
the only reason usa went in and us was to show they were doing something in the face of 9/11. they got bin laden and then it just turned into a stand off with the taiban hiding in the mountains basically waiting out the western military.

the russians got their asses kicked before and i think we armed the taliban back then as they fought against the russians.

it was an unwinable war from the start. Unless as you point out the troops stayed in for the foreseeable future.

maybe the terrorists have been weakened and disrupted. But now they can build again. And with a recent invasion from western armies to stoke the fires of retribution.

DaGaffer

All this talk of 'forever wars' is just propaganda for dictators. The US has stayed successfully for half a century in South Korea because it knows that the PRC has always been ready to aid North Korea as soon as they leave. If the deterrent needs to be permanent then so be it. Pakistan, with support from Russia and Iran, has no intention of stopping support for the Taliban, they were willing to wage a forever war, so it was inevitable that once US support was withdrawn the country was doomed.

A couple of thousand US troops and a commitment to up it where necessary was a small price to pay for relative stability and denying Al Qaeda, who have not given up links with the Taliban at all, a base. Even if it was potentially for decades.

There's a big difference with garrison troops as a deterrent to a foreign power and constant combat. No-one's coming home with missing limbs from South Korea unless it was the result of an ill-advised kpop dance move.

It isn't reasonable to be in low intensity combat for generations, its why we eventually ended up negotiating with the IRA. The problem with Afghanistan has always been the hubris of believing it could end any other way.

Ormorof

FH is my second home

I remember it being a joke Bin Laden was hiding in Pakistan years before he was killed there, quick trawl through the grime of history finds this post for example

Over a year before he was killed it seems everyone assumed he was in Pakistan

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Or the politicians who promised to stay there until the "job was done" - but fucked off their generational responsibility knowing full well the murder that would happen.

With or without Assange the Taliban have been making lists.
Very few responsible people have been actively and knowingly giving them lists.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
FTFY.

But, you know, Assange.
That doesn't even make sense. The majority of Afghans do not want to live under the Taliban and it was a hellhole before 2001. I get 'don't give them hope if you are going to pull the rug out' but I'm specifically saying it was wrong to pull the rug out.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
anyone trying to take on the taliban are a bit stupid.
the only reason usa went in and us was to show they were doing something in the face of 9/11. they got bin laden and then it just turned into a stand off with the taiban hiding in the mountains basically waiting out the western military.

the russians got their asses kicked before and i think we armed the taliban back then as they fought against the russians.

it was an unwinable war from the start. Unless as you point out the troops stayed in for the foreseeable future.

maybe the terrorists have been weakened and disrupted. But now they can build again. And with a recent invasion from western armies to stoke the fires of retribution.
The US supported the Mujahadeen, not the Taliban, against the Russian invasion. They are not the same thing at all and only a few factions of the Mujahadeen went on to form the Taliban under the guidance of the ISI of Pakistan. Other factions fought against them in the various civil wars.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That doesn't even make sense. The majority of Afghans do not want to live under the Taliban and it was a hellhole before 2001. I get 'don't give them hope if you are going to pull the rug out' but I'm specifically saying it was wrong to pull the rug out.
Yet your first post was about Assange, like he's majorly responsible for the shitshow or something.

We're responsible. I doubt anything he's done has made a measurable difference on the downside - but we know what shit we've been covering up because of his actions.

Very few responsible people have been actively and knowingly giving them lists.
Least of their worries. The Taliban don't need lists - and there's more up to date data right where they are.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
There's a big difference with garrison troops as a deterrent to a foreign power and constant combat. No-one's coming home with missing limbs from South Korea unless it was the result of an ill-advised kpop dance move.

It isn't reasonable to be in low intensity combat for generations, its why we eventually ended up negotiating with the IRA. The problem with Afghanistan has always been the hubris of believing it could end any other way.
The casualties for the US have been declining since 2010 as has the monetary cost. The intensity was reducing year on year,

The option for it to end another way would be to actually meaningfully sanction the ISI. Without the balls to do that the Afghan army would never stand on its own against the Taliban as it is effectively at war with a bigger country with even bigger backers.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Least of their worries. The Taliban don't need lists - and there's more up to date data right where they are.

Is that even the point? You can't admit that leaking names you know the Taliban will want to kill might just be a bit of a shitty thing to do? Not even a little bit shitty?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Is that even the point? You can't admit that leaking names you know the Taliban will want to kill might just be a bit of a shitty thing to do? Not even a little bit shitty?
I already have in our discussions about assange. But your blind range and hatred of him (and anyone associated with him) mean's you've never been able to bring yourself to acknowledge that the release of classified data proved that war crimes were being committed in our names on an industrial scale.

So yeah. Lists. Whilst not great (especially for anyone who may potentially suffer (see above)) - big fucking deal compared to the rest.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The US supported the Mujahadeen, not the Taliban, against the Russian invasion. They are not the same thing at all and only a few factions of the Mujahadeen went on to form the Taliban under the guidance of the ISI of Pakistan. Other factions fought against them in the various civil wars.
The weapons sent into the country ended up with the taliban. Even if the other factions fought against them. They lost and therefore much of the weaponry ended up in the handsof the taliban

DaGaffer

The casualties for the US have been declining since 2010 as has the monetary cost. The intensity was reducing year on year,

The option for it to end another way would be to actually meaningfully sanction the ISI. Without the balls to do that the Afghan army would never stand on its own against the Taliban as it is effectively at war with a bigger country with even bigger backers.

Its still not the same as garrison duty in fully friendly power, not even close.

Doing something about Pakistan is an entirely different argument, but this too was known from the start, and now Pakistan is effectively a Chinese client state, so military action against them is increasingly off the table anyway.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Its still not the same as garrison duty in fully friendly power, not even close.

Doing something about Pakistan is an entirely different argument, but this too was known from the start, and now Pakistan is effectively a Chinese client state, so military action against them is increasingly off the table anyway.
Not military. They don't need to invade Pakistan. Sanction Khan and key ISI officials.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom