SPAM random annoying things

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Viasat are looking for IT people, all levels.
It's alright if I:
  • Uproot my life and move to a totally different location - miles from friends / family
  • Ditch the other half - who's happy in her successful career based where we live
  • Take a 50% pay cut
  • Bend over and lose my independence

Other than those small issues I'll be sound as a pound :(

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I guess the Government prefers lots of people in massive companies because it offers security, people are less likely to fiddle with their taxes and it makes people less creative and more of a drone work force.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I guess the Government prefers lots of people in massive companies because it offers security, people are less likely to fiddle with their taxes and it makes people less creative and more of a drone work force.
It's more to do with donations from big consulting business I'm sure.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I guess the Government prefers lots of people in massive companies because it offers security, people are less likely to fiddle with their taxes
That's crap.

Massive companies offer zero security (another 10,000 getting sacked from HSBC - long term strategy of moving jobs to China and India (and even those are being seen as expensive options for some things now). It's ridiculous how many permanent staff are in states of utter shock - crying quivering shock - when they're given their marching orders.

If you don't meet the target on the spreadsheet, you're gone. Period.

Large companies are professional tax fiddlers - IBM pays <1% on UK take. They do that in full knowledge of HMRC, and with the assistance of professional taxation advisor companies they can afford to pay. - smaller companies pay a *much* higher proportion of their take (maybe 30%+).

The government knows all this. It's very clear and not hard to grasp.

Intermediaries legislation was brought in on the back of lobbying by big business who didn't like to see their bottom line hit by independents who could make more money, charge clients less - and incidentally positively benefit UK tax take - all at IBM and their ilk's expense.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
That's crap.

Massive companies offer zero security (another 10,000 getting sacked from HSBC - long term strategy of moving jobs to China and India (and even those are being seen as expensive options for some things now). It's ridiculous how many permanent staff are in states of utter shock - crying quivering shock - when they're given their marching orders.

Large companies are professional tax fiddlers - IBM pays <1% on UK take. They do that in full knowledge of HMRC, and with the assistance of professional taxation advisor companies they can afford to pay. - smaller companies pay a *much* higher proportion of their take (maybe 30%+).

Intermediaries legislation was brought in on the back of lobbying by big business who didn't like to see their bottom line hit by independents who could make more money, charge clients less - and incidentally positively benefit UK tax take - all at IBM and their ilk's expense.

Not sure about the actual figures presented, but the vein of the statement is true.

Source: I work in one such company.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
That's crap.

I'd like to say this is a UK-specific issue, but it isn't :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Pigs overstepping the mark yet again - say british courts.

Expect the Tories to pass even more laws to curb our rights to freedom of peaceful - and disruptive - protest. :eek:

Further - expect to find wide support for that from a battered idiot public* who suffer from a country-level version of Stockholme Syndrome.

*and some on this forum

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The wife ..against all my advice booked a ryanshite flight.

Tried to check in..niw they reduced 'free' checkin to 48hrs before the flight.
So you basically have to pay for the return flight because youll be fucking there and either use the app...shes scared of it...or download, find an internet cafe to print the boarding pass.

So I paid for the return check in to get the pass now....I know..utterly unfuckinbelivable...and it doesnt appear.
So I thought maybe payments failed, tried again..all the way through to pay...payment timed out..try again in 15mins.
Gave up after 4 failures.

Live chat...took 40 mins for 6 pieces of conversation.
Cant help, your wife needs to contact us at 15p min.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The wife ..against all my advice booked a ryanshite flight.

Tried to check in..niw they reduced 'free' checkin to 48hrs before the flight.
So you basically have to pay for the return flight because youll be fucking there and either use the app...shes scared of it...or download, find an internet cafe to print the boarding pass.

So I paid for the return check in to get the pass now....I know..utterly unfuckinbelivable...and it doesnt appear.
So I thought maybe payments failed, tried again..all the way through to pay...payment timed out..try again in 15mins.
Gave up after 4 failures.

Live chat...took 40 mins for 6 pieces of conversation.
Cant help, your wife needs to contact us at 15p min.

it’s always you isn’t it? The checkin process is separate once you have a booking reference, if that wasn’t on-screen (and by email at the same time) when you paid, then you haven’t booked. Personally while I agree the RyanAir charging structure is bullshit (basically you have to get priority boarding), the website is very straightforward these days; way better than Aer Lingus, which tries to up sell me all kinds of rubbish.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I live 30-ish mins from an airport that only Ryanair serves so use them regularly, be it for myself or booking flights for other people. The whole process is a piece of piss and it's been the case that you can't check in for free earlier than 2 days before the flight for *ages*. I think you can check-in for the return flight at the same time as long as it's within 14 days. O'Leary is always thinking up fun new ways of charging people for stuff though so you might well not be able to do the return bit before you fly out. Priority boarding is a bit of a farce nowadays - if everyone's doing it, then nobody has "priority".

Edit - it turns out you can only do the return no sooner than 2 days before the flight as well. Cheeky fuckers.

Job

The problem is that the payment failed internally and now we cant pay..so cant get a boarding pass.

The people you talk to are overworked, underpaid and have no idea how to fix it.

This has been an issue for some time with Ryanairs servers.
Theyll only talk to the wife on the premium line...how convenient.

They also wont accept a photo of the pass, though Im sure if you just held it up to the detector how would they know if you were using the app or just a screenshot.
Obviously the apps the way forward, the Easyjet one us great..but the missus is frightened of phones.

If you didnt have the app someone could just whatsapp you the boarding pass and use that pretending its the app.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
BA you can only check in 24 hours before your flight. No option free or otherwise to do it longer than that. So ryan air actually allow you more time before a flight than a premium carrier.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The problem is that the payment failed internally and now we cant pay..so cant get a boarding pass.

The people you talk to are overworked, underpaid and have no idea how to fix it.

This has been an issue for some time with Ryanairs servers.
Theyll only talk to the wife on the premium line...how convenient.

They also wont accept a photo of the pass, though Im sure if you just held it up to the detector how would they know if you were using the app or just a screenshot.
Obviously the apps the way forward, the Easyjet one us great..but the missus is frightened of phones.

If you didnt have the app someone could just whatsapp you the boarding pass and use that pretending its the app.
Whats the big deal just pay a few quid more and check in at the airport. If the other options are no go for you.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Aye but your flight is super cheap ..... nothing comes for free

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
It's alright if I:
  • Uproot my life and move to a totally different location - miles from friends / family
  • Ditch the other half - who's happy in her successful career based where we live
  • Take a 50% pay cut
  • Bend over and lose my independence

Other than those small issues I'll be sound as a pound :(
The have jobs with remote as option (home working policy)

Job

Its sorted anyway..good old ring them up and talk to a human.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They've a six hour upgrade window at nighttime when you have a 48 hour check-in window.

Non-problem right there.

Additionally - if you rocked up to the ryanair desk said "couldn't check in - your app and site was down" they'd say "no problem sir, sorry about that, here's your boarding pass, have a nice day"...

SilverHood

FH is my second home
They've a six hour upgrade window at nighttime when you have a 48 hour check-in window.

Non-problem right there.

Additionally - if you rocked up to the ryanair desk said "couldn't check in - your app and site was down" they'd say "no problem sir, sorry about that, here's your boarding pass, have a nice day"...

And charge you 20 quid a boarding pass no doubt. Ask for a refund when you get back!

Job

Ha..no., read the forums..yes its 20 quid for a pass..50 to check in and they are complete cunts.
If you complain they show you to security.

Job

So fucking Microshite.

Utter..utter cunts are they not.
Bought the the mother a new laptop, tried to download chrome....nope, no non microshite store apps in S mode.

Er what?

You have to..and maybe you all know this and have somehow decided its anything but russian scammer level of cuntness.

You have to download a fucking app that turns off S mode..but wont turn it back...complete with, this will slow your laptop down..warnings.

So to run non microoft apps including any other browser, you have to turn a switch which may or may not turn your pc into a slug and you cant turn back.

The fucking balls of it..the fucking epic level of fuckyou.

Im almost in awe of them.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Why install it in S mode? Just install windows as normal and have the freedom to do what you want.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So fucking Microshite.

Bought the the mother a new laptop, tried to download chrome....nope, no non microshite store apps in S mode.

Er what?

You have to..and maybe you all know this and have somehow decided its anything but russian scammer level of cuntness.

You have to download a fucking app that turns off S mode..but wont turn it back...complete with, this will slow your laptop down..warnings.

So to run non microoft apps including any other browser, you have to turn a switch which may or may not turn your pc into a slug and you cant turn back.

Whats s mode. I guess a mode you can only load things from the store? In which case i am not surprised that there are no microsoft competitors on there like chrome.

I wouldnt use a lappy with s mode. Get the windows key. Or buy one for like 5 bucks from some site and install normal windows.

Job

Its not ao much that they are locking down win10 now, its the way you have to download a fucking app to switch it of..it cant be switched back on and there a vague warnings of consequences if you do it.

Id expect this shit from from ny local drug dealer.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
So fucking Microshite.

Er what?

You've stumbled upon the entire point of S Mode. It's a thoroughly locked down layer on top of normal Windows so you can only install apps from the Microsoft Store (which means you can only install apps that they've vetted). It's much safer and less prone to malware, it's for people who'd struggle with the normal version. Right up your street.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yep.

Once again: User Error.

I wonder if we can set @Job to kiosk mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom