SPAM random annoying things

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I assume the argument from the Americans will be as we've stripped them of British citizenship, they are fair game.
A) I'm not sure we have and;
B) If they were born here then it's a disgrace that we're even trying.

Stripping people of citizenship is extremely dodgy. British-born people, or people who held only a single citizenship (regardless of where they were born - if they qualified as British and only hold British citizenship) should be tried for crimes in either the country they committed the crime in (dependent) or the country of their citizenship.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
A) I'm not sure we have and;
B) If they were born here then it's a disgrace that we're even trying.

Stripping people of citizenship is extremely dodgy. British-born people, or people who held only a single citizenship (regardless of where they were born - if they qualified as British and only hold British citizenship) should be tried for crimes in either the country they committed the crime in (dependent) or the country of their citizenship.

"Elsheikh and Kotey have since been stripped of their British citizenship."

Mentioned in the article. I entirely agree that it's a very bad idea to strip people of citizenship, its basically appeasing the Daily Mail crowd. Not that I don't think these scumbags shouldn't be locked up forever, but that's not what is achieved by making them stateless. Anyway, that will be the American argument; they're not British anymore.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
"Elsheikh and Kotey have since been stripped of their British citizenship."
Oh yeah.

So, where were they born?

Frankly, if the British government acts in such a way towards its own problems/citizens (stick them on trial here ffs!) then our politicians are fair game tbh.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
16 hours technical bridge for a network related critical incident. Cisco, PaloAlto and a suite of other managed services engineers in the call.

...It was Symantec's Bluecoat proxy that had a couple subnets missing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Contract needs to be sorted today or I'm out of work in 5 weeks. Person who has access is on holiday.

Just finished working for the day. Meetings at 8.

Shateholders sacked the chairman who's mantra was "healthiest human system" despite increase in profit.

My experience isn't unusual.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Ebay notifications at 6.45am.

Are you still interested in this....

Not now Im not. Fuckers

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It looks like we're going to have 2 different "national" speed limits in France, depending on which department you're in. The government put it down to 80 last year for rural roads (basically everything outside a built-up area without a central reservation) at vast expense and now they've decided to relent, but not universally - they have passed the buck to the departments, saying each can decide if they want to put the limit back up or not. About half have said they'll put it back to 90, a quarter have said they'll keep it at 80 and the rest haven't made their minds up yet...

860__carto_france_vitesse_okk.jpg

Embattle

FH is my second home
Fog, in particular being south of Exmoor on a motorbike at night in fog.....with idiots still tailgating.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Fog, in particular being south of Exmoor on a motorbike at night in fog.....with idiots still tailgating.
Was foggy down here going over the tamar bridge. Anywhere round the moors is interesting in the fog. Cool driving across dartmoor in the fog tho. Well creepy

Embattle

FH is my second home
Was foggy down here going over the tamar bridge. Anywhere round the moors is interesting in the fog. Cool driving across dartmoor in the fog tho. Well creepy

Yeah I started in Exeter which was surrounded by mist and fog on the M5, it is all quite a change as before this year I've only lived in London.

Exmoor is bad enough in the day with the various sheep and horses, be real risky on a bike in the dark :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yeah I started in Exeter which was surrounded by mist and fog on the M5, it is all quite a change as before this year I've only lived in London.

Exmoor is bad enough in the day with the various sheep and horses, be real risky on a bike in the dark :)
Welcome to the west country. Nature is here :)

Job

The bots on reddit are insane.
I posted a question.
Im british....halloween etc.

Got removed because question mark had a space.
Reposted..got removed because it mentioned halloween and that needs to go in a megathread.
Reposted and was removed because it needs to be depersonalised.
Reposted and it was removed because the general theme of the question was from a personal point of view.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's not some "rise of the machines" thing... /u/AutoModerator follows strict rules as set by the mods of whatever subreddit it's operating in. It even explained those rules to you.

It gets frustrating at times - I've given up trying to submit in /r/whatisthisthing because of those rules but the big subs get so many nonsense submissions and the automod is the first line of defense.

Nonsense submissions like, I don't know, trying to irritate other users with provocative questions. Americans don't really give a shit about the costume being relevant or scary or whatever, it's just an annual dress-up for them.

Job

Its the speed of the response.
Working out a a question is from a personal point of view is either simple brute force grammar or a borderline AI.

Im guessing the first.

Its also a good insight into the next 50 years of civilisation.

Your complaint was deemed inconsequential by our automatic judiciary...feel free to submit again, you have three more submissions , after that you will lose twenty citizen points for each submission and are liable to be sanctioned by temporary ban and ultimately permanent ban.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The "speed of the response" is instant (or seconds) because it's analysing the post as soon as you submit it to look for bits which break the rules defined by the moderators.

It's like praising a calculator when it gives you a response instantly after you hit "=".

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Confirmation came through today that my large financial services client will no longer enter into relationships with small businesses due to Tory tax rule changes (not changes to law, just functional changes) which come into force in April.

Same from a mate who works at another big financial services company.

Jobs are, largely, going abroad or to large service providers (IBM etc) who the new rules don't apply to - so tax take will go down too.

This affects all small businesses in the knowledge sector - so potentially 325,000-odd companies will have to shut up shop (I'm winding up in February).

Go go Tories - champions of business.

Big business, of course. Not small business.

How's things with you @Wij? You with a client small enough not to make a sweeping one-size-fits-all decision?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Confirmation came through today that my large financial services client will no longer enter into relationships with small businesses due to Tory tax rule changes (not changes to law, just functional changes) which come into force in April.

Same from a mate who works at another big financial services company.

Jobs are, largely, going abroad or to large service providers (IBM etc) who the new rules don't apply to - so tax take will go down too.

This affects all small businesses in the knowledge sector - so potentially 325,000-odd companies will have to shut up shop (I'm winding up in February).

Go go Tories - champions of business.

Big business, of course. Not small business.

How's things with you @Wij? You with a client small enough not to make a sweeping one-size-fits-all decision?
Apparently we are going on a case by case basis here but nothing is certain.

You're right though. This isn't going to increase tax take at all because the contract roles will either turn to permies (who will be taxed on a smaller income so the overall take is lower) or to Indian consulting giants where the UK taxpayer will get virtually nothing.

Almost no one is looking at putting the contractors inside IR35 so the whole thing is self-defeating.

Fail.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Yeah but, you can go and work for IBM now, with less pay, BUT less responsibilities, so your job will be easier, so you can't complain about being paid less!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah but, you can go and work for IBM now, with less pay, BUT less responsibilities, so your job will be easier, so you can't complain about being paid less!
Go get a job in the real world Gwad.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Parking up at the Starbucks close to work this morning, switched off the engine, music stops playing and heard a meow from behind! Fucking cat had sneaked in the car whilst I put the rubbish out through the open garage door, car door was open. 30 min round trip journey to drop cat off at home then back to the office. :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Work for IBM?

I could sell my arse to foreign businessmen for crack too. :rolleyes:

But the take for HMRC would again be pitiful so what's the point of it?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Viasat are looking for IT people, all levels. Crap load of jobs on their website. Jobs in Ireland, UK and some others all over Europe.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Maybe that's why the banks are doing this now.

The government can see that instead of getting about £40k tax per contractor they will be getting about £20k tax per permie or £6k per Indian consultant.

Your move HMRC.

(This probably isn't what's happening.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom