SPAM random annoying things

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Standing on a packed commuter train listening to a kindly old-granny yakking away to some woman she doesn’t know (in true Irish fashion), and I’m thinking “I wonder how long it will be before she says something racist?” Then feeling bad for being so judgemental. Then she goes the full racist :(

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Two things annoying me this morning:

Google - Just got Android Pie on my XZ2 - why the fuck have the moved the clock in the status bar?

GDPR - Yay! More web pop-ups I have to agree to before I can view content. Woohoo!

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Google - Just got Android Pie on my XZ2 - why the fuck have the moved the clock in the status bar?
This. Fucking this! Why has the clock changed sides? Why do I have to swipe up instead of to the side to close apps?

I'm convinced they change things like this just so it looks like they've done something in their damn update.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
That we live in a country that's just passed a sentence to imprison non-violent and peaceful protestors.

"He didn’t hurt anyone, assault anyone, intimidate anyone or even verbally abuse anyone, nor did he damage any property"

Good on the academics...
And they were released on bail which is great news.
Next investigate the judge, he quite clearly should have revealed his connections to the industry.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He's got connections to the industry? Link?

FUCKING LINK?

Job

Jesus christ its all over the news..like top 5 story.
And its in the updated link you posted.

Questions over the original trial judge’s family links to the oil and gas industry were also raised in court on Wednesday. Judge Robert Altham’s father and sister run JC Altham and Sons, a company believed to be part of the supply chain for energy giant Centrica, which has invested tens of millions of pounds in fracking.

Guardian Today: the headlines, the analysis, the debate - sent direct to you
Read more
The judicial conduct investigations office later confirmed it had “received a complaint regarding HHJ Robert Altham, which will be considered in accordance with the judicial conduct (judicial and other office holders) rules 2014”.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Is it some subtle form of trolling @Job? Like you did with the Guardian? Just come on FH, and make yourself completely irrelevant by not posting links and expecting other people to search for the shit you were just reading, rather than easily linking?

Job

No it was a suspended sentence..the time in custody reduced the sentence for the three to a conditional discharge.
They still have criminal convictions.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
From Telepgraph

"
Simon Blevins, 26, a soil scientist from Sheffield; and Richard Roberts, 36, a teacher from London, had been jailed for 16 months, while Rich Loizou, 31, a piano restorer from Devon, was given 15 months in September.

But their sentences were replaced with conditional discharges by three senior judges sitting in London on Wednesday.

The trio were arrested after climbing onto lorries outside Cuadrilla's fracking site in Little Plumpton in a protest which lasted almost 100 hours last July.
"

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes. They still have criminal convictions, they just got released from custodial sentences.

Also, their discharge is conditional, so if they protest again then jail is a possibility.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Do most people on here leave their PC on 24/7?
My main pc is running 24/7 with only the monitors sleeping and have done this for god knows how many years. Lappy goes to sleep after a couple of hours I think. Basically fuck it, I leave most things running 24x7 except the consoles, tv, amp and lights :p

Bodhi

Yes. They still have criminal convictions, they just got released from custodial sentences.

Also, their discharge is conditional, so if they protest again then jail is a possibility.

My sympathy is limited considering who is generally considered to be funding the anti-Fracking movement. Hint - he's Russian and has lots of lovely gas to sell us.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
My sympathy is limited considering who is generally considered to be funding the anti-Fracking movement. Hint - he's Russian and has lots of lovely gas to sell us.
This is actually true.

/edit: although jail for peaceful protest is still a bit iffy...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm pretty sure those guys aren't receiving any funding from rusdia, and just hold a set of principles and values.

Your lack of sympathy is more likely down to your denialist opinions than funding issues - but my sympathy with them, as clearly stated in my first post, is that they were locked up for being peaceful protestors, regardless of what they were protesting against.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Couldn't you apply the same thing to Brexit and have the exact same come back argument?

Bodhi

Couldn't you apply the same thing to Brexit and have the exact same come back argument?

Not really - it isn't "his" side that keep protesting :)

Or maybe it is......

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Just spent the day at a conference about all things future of banking; Open banking, blockchain. AI etc.

Watching a panel of AI geeks airily glossing over the future of mass unemployment with bollocks about “we’ll all be free to be dreamers” was very disturbing. I swear one of them had a hard-on as he whistfully talked about China’s massive lead in object recognition because they now have vastly more surveillance data to play with than anyone else. It was...creepy as fuck.

Job

Just spent the day at a conference about all things future of banking; Open banking, blockchain. AI etc.

Watching a panel of AI geeks airily glossing over the future of mass unemployment with bollocks about “we’ll all be free to be dreamers” was very disturbing. I swear one of them had a hard-on as he whistfully talked about China’s massive lead in object recognition because they now have vastly more surveillance data to play with than anyone else. It was...creepy as fuck.
We allready have it in large parts of Liverpool, it's called the dole, luckily they just sit in eating cheesos and watching Kyle.
Imagine if they got together and did something except small time drug dealing and odd jobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom