SPAM random annoying things

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The mining rigs aside (which have to be on 24/7 for obvious -- but quickly diminishing -- reasons), keeping the various PCs on (for me) is all about them responding to requests and *doing things* rather than having them available at short notice.

The PC with the beefy CPU in it runs Golem, the Ubuntu server downloads stuff, runs my DNS server etc, the Pi runs Android because I have a need to run something on an ARM CPU and the Pi + Emteria OS is a great way of doing that (I always think phones and tablets are kinda flakey for anything that you actually need to depend on when you don't have it in your hand), etc.
I'm more curious about what you would need to run on an ARM CPU :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
How much do you get paid for your compute power?
Honestly, fuck all. It's still very much in beta - it's the first ICO I invested in and it has a great, active team behind it but it's not very profitable at the moment. It's not that it costs more to run than it pays out but tasks are few and far between so it's not running anything like as profitably as it could.
I'm more curious about what you would need to run on an ARM CPU :)
Long story short - I needed to see what a method within a native library was doing and since my knowledge of ARM assembly is non-existent, knocking together an APK of my own to replicate the calls to said method was the only way I could think of of going about it.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Rocket League.

Honestly, you can have the game of your life, but be paired with a stoner who goes AFK half the time and a dickhead who won't put a pass in. :(

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
PC on only on when using. Used to leave it on all the time but now I'm travelling almost every week for a couple of days makes sense to switch everything off. Plus, electricity is too bloody expensive in UAE, heavily taxed without actually calling it tax.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
How shit I am at Counterstrike nowadays. Not played it for about 12 months. Just booted it up. Two rounds. Shot in the face, twice. Not even close to seeing who did it :(

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I hadn't played in maybe seven years. I saw my nephew playing a year ago and I pushed him aside, set my controls and got wtfpwn'd in a matter of seconds on dust2, which was a map I knew.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I hadn't played in maybe seven years. I saw my nephew playing a year ago and I pushed him aside, set my controls and got wtfpwn'd in a matter of seconds on dust2, which was a map I knew.

Was it CS go? I Guess that’s what the kids are playing. Same here, about sig years ago, tried recently and did not stans a chansen. CS 1.6 was the best though

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Yes Ive not played in a while either. Might give it a go and see if my "skills" have got worse!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
You don't like it then?

And why "buy a licence"? You buy the game. Just like any other.
I downloaded the free cs go. And it said i had to pay 11 quid or something to ‘buy an online license’.

I was quoting the game.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's an online game, they recently released a free version with bots so you could play offline if you wanted or were too scared to play with real people (i.e. you don't actually want to play CS:GO)

Online shite? It's an online game. Always has been. Since 1998.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
No not online being shite.

Being shite cause my nephews saw it could be downloaded without paying then very disappointed that to actually play it properly. Not just against piss poor bots they had to go through a pay wall that said they need to get license to play multiplayer.

Its a bait and switch. Give you what you think fom the steam menu and dont tell you about price until you get the game installed

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
No not online being shite.

Being shite cause my nephews saw it could be downloaded without paying then very disappointed that to actually play it properly. Not just against piss poor bots they had to go through a pay wall that said they need to get license to play multiplayer.

Its a bait and switch. Give you what you think fom the steam menu and dont tell you about price until you get the game installed

Lmao.

No, they released a free version so people could watch streams and play against bots.

Besides, you can buy a copy for like £5 at some places, it's always on sale for dirt cheap.

Lots less than it's actually worth.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Being shite cause my nephews saw it could be downloaded without paying then very disappointed that to actually play it properly.

ORLY?!
upload_2018-9-19_23-20-49.png

Seems your nephew needs lessons in how to fucking read what is very clearly shown properly.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Virgin atlantic with a subtle pride advert during corrie, everything shown was 1st class, an advert that applies to the 5% shown during corrie.
Is it too much to actually show the cattle class 90% of us sit in.
They had people sleeping on silk sheets, sitting at the bar.
It makes me puke..I fucking hate planes and what these fuckers have done to the experience of flying.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Actually, I think the experience of flying in cattle class has mildly, but not substantially, improved since the 80's.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Actually, I think the experience of flying in cattle class has mildly, but not substantially, improved since the 80's.
Depends on the airline. Some i find have very limited space between seats for peg room.

Being tall I have had to sit with my legs wedged in for hours. I think there should be a minimum legal leg room to help prevent dvt.

Gwadien

Depends on the airline. Some i find have very limited space between seats for peg room.

Being tall I have had to sit with my legs wedged in for hours. I think there should be a minimum legal leg room to help prevent dvt.

Or you could do what everyone else does and pays a bit extra for extra leg room.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Or you could do what everyone else does and pays a bit extra for extra leg room.

Discrimination against tall people! I already have to pay more for shoes and clothes due to genetics why also flights

I can reach high places though thats pretty neat

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Possibly..but Im not suddenly going to start believing Shell when their announcements are based around public relations first and constructed by a large team of experts whos job it is to keep their image.

I deny the accuracy..I mean I question the accuracy of temperature predictions, sinply because they get it so hopelessly wrong and only get it right by adjusting the models on the fly to match reality.
Then they also make a huge swathe of predictions across the temperature board, then pat the team who get it right...you know..by fucking chance .
So that teams data and models is used next time..and they get it right again...by fucking chance.
Which is great, but its not prediction accurate enough for any use.
They might as well look out of the window.
20 years ago the predictions for now are just ridiculously wrong.
The inconvenient truth is laughably bad..you might as well have asked an octopus.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Never mind "believing" Shell, you don't even read the article.

There was no announcement btw. But it makes no odds, you're a full-on denier and no amount of cast-iron irrefutable proof, never mind "evidence", could convince you of anything you don't like.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Virgin atlantic with a subtle pride advert during corrie, everything shown was 1st class, an advert that applies to the 5% shown during corrie.
Is it too much to actually show the cattle class 90% of us sit in.
They had people sleeping on silk sheets, sitting at the bar.
It makes me puke..I fucking hate planes and what these fuckers have done to the experience of flying.

First rule of marketing, sell the sizzle not the sausage. Half the people flying on VM are quietly hoping they’ll get an upgrade to Upper Class (which has actually happened to me on Virgin twice). It’s like buying lottery tickets, the reality is NOT what people want to see.

Gwadien

Oh right, so you all want to charge everyone else more because you're taller than the average person?

Seems pretty SJW to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom