SPAM random annoying things

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
It's not impossible that oil surge is causing a drop of oil pressure and in turn the engine management system is going into some kind of safe mode (oil surge is where the oil washed to one side in cornering making it harder to be picked up by the tube in the sump)... have you checked your oil?

Should be ok if she's just had a service...however mine has come back before a litre shy, mainly as the electric dipstick is a pain in the ass.

What car is it?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The way Netflix manage foreign language shows.

Now, its a good thing they are on there and I may well watch them at some point, even the French have made 1 or 2 decent films in the past, no, honestly, they have. However, if I am working on one screen and half watching on another I would prefer to know if its subtitled before watching, or at least filter them.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Couple of weeks ago 2 new front tyres £220 each. A week a huge bolt in one!! Unmendable. Service yesterday £600 including new front brake pads. Aaaaargh.

But over the last week the ESP light has come on three times, separate days. Diagnostics yesterday said no fault and its done it again today. always swinging right round different roundabouts. Don't mind the light flashing on it's the fact i lose power. Any ideas? It's never happened in 5 years so why now? I cannot believe there isn't something wrong.

Isn't ESP traction control stuff? I'd check my tyre pressures.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
That's a good point, check the tyres are actually the correct size too.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Mate bought a Rangy for 15K, hes a mechanic..handbrake goes, so he has a look..bit of a big job, its electronic and talks to the traction control.
Decides to let Landrover do it...seats and carpet out, new paet plus engineer to reprogram new box.
1300 quid.
2 months later engine implodes on the M6...crank snaps between 2 and 3rd cylinder.
5K repairs.
Dont EVER buy a Rangy out of warranty, they are a pile of shit.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The fact that Cadbury Roses now come in generic plastic wrappers.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Fell out with someone on the internet, again?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
After 6 pints, Rock and Roll star is basically the best tune to come on in the pub, like 15 years ago or so.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGdGFtwCNBE

This is the tune that everyone sings when drunk now.

I was more talking about Liam Gallaghers new album - people are talking about it like it's the best thing in the world, and even some of the review sites are rimming it to shit.

However, if you look at the negative reviews, they ALL have the same thing in common - couple of decent tunes, the rest are just the same shit.

Why people worship Oasis and the Gallaghers, I have no idea.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGdGFtwCNBE

This is the tune that everyone sings when drunk now.

I was more talking about Liam Gallaghers new album - people are talking about it like it's the best thing in the world, and even some of the review sites are rimming it to shit.

However, if you look at the negative reviews, they ALL have the same thing in common - couple of decent tunes, the rest are just the same shit.

Why people worship Oasis and the Gallaghers, I have no idea.

#Edgy

Bodhi

People who worship Oasis and think they're the best musicians in the world.

I wouldn't say they were the best musicians in the world - they have done some corking tunes however - just off the top of my head:

Live Forever
Supersonic
Champagne Supernova
Cast No Shadow
Stand By Me
Magic Pie
The Masterplan

If I had to listen to one band for the rest of my life and I had a choice of Oasis, The Killers or Queen, it would be Oasis every time.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I always found some of my favourite Oasis tunes tucked away as B-sides on their singles. Talk Tonight and Flashbax spring to mind.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
From year 7 to year 9 in Music we pretty much sang Wonderwall every lesson once a week.

Crazy.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If I had to listen to one band for the rest of my life and I had a choice of Oasis, The Killers or Queen, it would be Oasis every time.
If I had to listen to one band for the rest of my life I'd never listen to music again.

If it was Oasis it'd quickly turn to suicide. They're not bad. But they're not *amazing* or anything.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Some weird bug in Excel where if I use conditional formatting to highlight duplicates in a column it spreads to other columns when inserting large amounts of data.

Bodhi

I always found some of my favourite Oasis tunes tucked away as B-sides on their singles. Talk Tonight and Flashbax spring to mind.

Yep. In fact, this conversation has led to me putting The Masterplan on at the correct volume for Oasis on a Friday afternoon. I will point my neighbours in your direction if the complain. Even listening to it on a 1990's Sony Midi System (with a graphical EQ!!) for the proper effect.

(Won;t happen, house next to us is empty and the others are out.)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The Masterplan is their best album as far as I am concerned.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's the same with Ocean Colour Scene; B-Sides, Seasides and Freerides is probably my favourite album of theirs.

Bodhi

Another classic band. In fact, I know certain people on this board don't find nostalgia as much fun as it used to be, but the 90's really were the point where music peaked imo.

You had the whole indie/britpop scene (Oasis, Blur, OCS, Suede, Verve, etc), some of the best Dance music (Prodigy, Chemicals, Leftfield, Orbital, Roni Size, Goldie, etc), and the best era for rock music as well (Faith No More, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Wildhearts, Green Day, Offspring - when they were good - RATM, etc etc), and then all the weird and wonderful stuff that didn't really fit into any category (Cake, Beck, Butthole Surfers, Sublime, etc).

Compare that lot to what we have now and...well. Kids these days don't know they are born :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom