SPAM random annoying things

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Meetings where you are basically just going to tell a bunch of suits "I told you so" after wasting a couple of hundred grand, despite telling them that it would happen a year ago, explicitly, in every detail.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Meetings where you are basically just going to tell a bunch of suits "I told you so" after wasting a couple of hundred grand, despite telling them that it would happen a year ago, explicitly, in every detail.

Had very same thing over the last week. Don't send this Satellite equipment to us as it will get stuck in customs without pre-approval from telecoms regulator.

Last night, "we sent the shipment and it is now stuck in customs. They asking for approval numbers?? Can you help?". Meanwhile Customs charge for storage every day and the regulator will charge a huge expedite fee for rushing their process. All totally avoidable.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I've been going through this for the past couple of years. You spend hours, days and weeks managing your risk portfolio, escalating to senior managers and directors who simply don't seem to give a fuck until it goes REALLY wrong. Then I get "how did we not know about this?!!?" - let me send you an email and audited risk log for the past 12 months where this was escalated and laughed off the park when we asked for investment to avoid this.

I feel your pain @Raven @Hawkwind - it's a disease of large corporations. Never enough money at the time to do it properly, always enough money to do the botch later on once someone at the top shouts loud enough.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Had a coffee delivery for the machine. Proper coffee at last, woot.

They sent some soups as freebies, thought I would have a punt.

I feel violated.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Had a coffee delivery for the machine. Proper coffee at last, woot.

They sent some soups as freebies, thought I would have a punt.

I feel violated.

Soups as in dried powder blended with hot water?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, pretty much, in a coffee pod/packet thing though so you just bung it in the machine. Looked like period piss.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Ah. Yeah that stuff isn't really...great. We have something in Sweden called the Happy Cup, roughly translated. Their slogan once were "Like thee, but food". Not sure,,.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Ah. Yeah that stuff isn't really...great. We have something in Sweden called the Happy Cup, roughly translated. Their slogan once were "Like thee, but food". Not sure,,.
Happy cup is pretty good... for a freeze dried one serving soup. Excellent when you had surgery in your mouth (wisdom teeth and more) and it hurts to breathe.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Happy cup is pretty good... for a freeze dried one serving soup. Excellent when you had surgery in your mouth (wisdom teeth and more) and it hurts to breathe.

Well fair, i shouldn't be too harsh towards it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
There isn't an equivalent in France that I know of but there's Batchelors Cup A Soup in England which I remember being ok, for what it is. Unless you don't stir it properly in which case you get really strong tasting sludge at the bottom of the cup.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Well, we have a store here in Sweden called Picard; apparently French-based with only frozen food. Supremely good frozen/non baked croissants. I tried what i would later reget - a frozen noodle-soup. Basically vegetable soup with spaghetti.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Umm, I don't want to depress or anger anyone but it's Christmas Day in 101 days.

That can only mean
Rx7qNV.jpg

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I love this time of year, there's a sharp nip (not a needle for once) in the air today here in Skirtland as the wind funnels down from the north. I'm an Autumn and Winter person, I look forward to eating my weight in pigs in blankets.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I love this time of year, there's a sharp nip (not a needle for once) in the air today here in Skirtland as the wind funnels down from the north. I'm an Autumn and Winter person, I look forward to eating my weight in pigs in blankets.
Tho why japanese are in the air in scotland i dont know.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Same. Really felt it last night, getting all my winter stuff out this weekend to make sure its as it went away.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
When you order loads of stuff from Amazon you don't really need. Again.

I started off with a £4.99 item. Now I've got a £75 basket. If I add my "save for later" items I'm looking at £385.

I have the willpower of a puppy next to a plate of sausages.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The m1 atm, because some trucker has thrown a bottle if piss out the window.

"Suspect chemicals" my arse.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Never visit NYC when the UN is in session. My commute to work involves multiple police barricades and detours. And those diplomatic drivers and their private security cars... They can't drive for shit, forcing the city buses to change lanes. I'm surprised no one has died yet.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Had a recall on the wife's (well ours as we are down to a 1 car house now, I paid for it) car, annoying but gets a free valet and mini service. Annoying after only having it for a few of months though.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Steam prices not reflecting currency changes

Divinity original sin 2 is £30 but €45, thats 20% more expensive

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Haven't they always been a bit pricey in the EU?

I am not sure if you can still do it but someone I used to game with would either use a VPN or get me to log in and buy it for them.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I think Russia and Poland are cheaper than the euro/pound on Steam, but only for Valve/selected titles I believe.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Picked up my new car yesterday, spent the day driving it around and showing my mates.

Realised about 9.00 last night that the reg plate on the car was wrong in relation to the paperwork. WTF!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Go back and collect your car and without the show off miles :)

Although more seriously, check your insurance and tax ASAP, The one you have been driving might have neither.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom