SPAM random annoying things

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It's commong amongst 17-21 year olds tryin to avoid being bent over for insurance. Effectively parents buy kids a car, parents put kids down as named drivers and them as the main drivers, car is mainly driven by kids. Awesome way to invalidate your insurance!

Didn't pick up it was the OH's car anyway, in whch case no issues. Worth double checking though, given what arseholes the insurance industry tend to be.

I can't see the flaw in that? - If you have an accident and your parents are the insurance holders, how can they prove that you drive it most of the time?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Quick opinions on this (perhaps my outdated knowledge):

- didn't that make the insurance expensive anyway? Certainly did when I was shopping around for it
- historically you couldn't build up no claims bonus which may have saved money in the longer term

Conversely, when I added my mum and my sisters as named drivers, it brought my premium down. My dad put it up, so he never got to drive it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I can't see the flaw in that? - If you have an accident and your parents are the insurance holders, how can they prove that you drive it most of the time?

Because insurance is based on risk. Statistically kids cause more crashes, so the risk is higher, therefore the premium is higher.

I don't understand why the concept is new to people?

They will use every excuse under the sun to not pay, if Mr Smith mysteriously has insurance to drive his car and a completely separate policy with his kid as a named driver to drive a 1 litre bag of shit then they will get suspicious.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The problem is that insurance companies nail you to every tiny detail of legality..but when it comes to named drivers it suddenly goes all vague with words like most and occasional.
If they are not monitoring actual usage, these terms are meaningless and are actually used because they can bend it their way with the classic corruption of justice called..more expensive lawyers.
They will refuse to pay if they think their lawyers can outwit yours.

By the way regardless of whatever decision..if you lied through your teeth, insurance companies are obliged to pay out 3rd parties in full by law.
They wont give you a penny if it was your fault.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
The one that caught me out when I first got car insurance some 15 or so years ago was that insurance only covered "travelling to and from place of work" and "social", it didn't cover me for business use (obviously), but that also meant driving between different work sites. If I was working in my main site in Edinburgh, my insurance did not cover for me driving to another site for a meeting. Then again, who's to say it wasn't a social visit, thus falling under "social"?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah, for that sort of thing you would come under your employers insurance.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
I work almost entirely at one hospital, but a 2 or 3 times a year I go to other ones in the Trust, I also occasionally go to meetings off site, and also drive to work at odd times of day or night as I'm on call. For this reason I have to have business use added to my insurance. Fortunately it isn't that expensive.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Because insurance is based on risk. Statistically kids cause more crashes, so the risk is higher, therefore the premium is higher.

I don't understand why the concept is new to people?

They will use every excuse under the sun to not pay, if Mr Smith mysteriously has insurance to drive his car and a completely separate policy with his kid as a named driver to drive a 1 litre bag of shit then they will get suspicious.

No.

I was saying how can you prove 'fronting'.

I mean, it happens all the time, won't insurance companies rise eyebrows if a new car is bought and then they suddenly wanna add a new driver?

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
No.

I was saying how can you prove 'fronting'.

I mean, it happens all the time, won't insurance companies rise eyebrows if a new car is bought and then they suddenly wanna add a new driver?

Insurance companies will do whatever it takes to prove this. Once insurance premiums went sky high for new drivers this became a massive problem and the companies got wise to it very quickly. I have heard stories of them sending people to canvas neighbours or work colleagues about car use.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Having to grind coffee beans in a pestle and mortar because the fairies appear to have stolen your coffee grinder just after you gave your coffee machine a good clean.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Not if you were using your own car. If you do site-to-site without business cover you're uninsured.

Meh, we are covered for personal vehicles too. If your employer insists you use your own vehicle yet still expects you to use it for business, get a new employer...or insist they provide a pool car or hire car.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I have had a tooth extracted. Back upper molar, broke into pieces, dentist was honest and said she didn't think she could fix it. My jaw hurts like hell. That's three now, all hidden away around the back, but I'm definitely investigating implants at some point. My own fault, I never brushed enough.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
At the age of 22 I cheaped out and went to a dentist school to get a free examination of a wisdom tooth which was causing me some trouble. I got an appointment a week later to have it crushed, cut into four pieced and pulled by a student for free. Upon arrival a very attractive young woman not much older than myself with a nice set of tits was waiting for me. Her first words were:

"Hi CorNokZ! I've been looking so much forward to having you here today.."
*I instantly get a half chub*
"... This is my first time doing this procedure!"
*I instantly lose my half chub*

She an did alright job, didn't just too much, loads of anaesthetics and boobs on my forehead the entire way through

7.5/10 would fake a tooth ache to go through it again

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I had all 4 out under general anaesthetic. Not before one had gouged a normal tooth. Which has since been yanked too, although they fucked that up and I ended pulling bits of root out with some tweezers a few weeks later, not as bad as it sounds, they had nearly worked their way out.

No fillings yet though, at 38.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
When the CPU water cooler for my gaming PC stops working and I waste 5 days thinking my graphics card is fucked but it's actually the CPU running at 99C and hitting its thermal limit.

Doesn't it know I need more than 15 FPS to play PUBG??

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
When the CPU water cooler for my gaming PC stops working and I waste 5 days thinking my graphics card is fucked but it's actually the CPU running at 99C and hitting its thermal limit.

So you had your CPU fan speed warning disabled in BIOS? Bad water cooler or setup tbh

Zarjazz

So you had your CPU fan speed warning disabled in BIOS? Bad water cooler or setup tbh

There's no CPU fan, it's one of those self-contained liquid cooler units. The exhaust fan is fine and still spinning, it looks like it's stopped pumping the fluid. Also it's an older model so it doesn't have any way to monitor it's health.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
spending the past 10 minutes staring at my computer wondering if the faint clicking noise I could hear was spelling impending doom.....only to finally work out the sound was actually coming from my water bottle's flow valve equalizing pressure :eek:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
There's no CPU fan, it's one of those self-contained liquid cooler units. The exhaust fan is fine and still spinning, it looks like it's stopped pumping the fluid. Also it's an older model so it doesn't have any way to monitor it's health.
Most of the water coolers have a fly lead on to connect to CPU Fan. Tells the bios that it is running and cooling the CPU. A lot of early models did not have one and you usually had to disable fan speed warning for CPU in BIOS Settings. Never liked that, but on some BIOS you could at least set a temp warning. Chassis fans don't usually trigger warning or do much at all for CPU temps.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
When a, quite clearly care in the community, colleague starts throwing a wobbler because you have "sent him half a report" and doesn't understand the concept of frozen panes.

Zarjazz

Well I've replaced the cooling unit and the CPU is happily running between 40-50C even in game. Unfortunately I now have no excuses as to why my aim is so shit ...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
When useless people crash on straight roads and tun by ~8 minute commute into nearly an hour.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Noisy bastards.

The bloke next door has decided to take up the recorder. Fair enough...but it's just random notes, disjointed scales, and squeaks. If he stuck the thing up the arse of a squirrel you could produce more musical sounds.

He's been at it for 2 hours.

I can't even have a poo in peace.

I'm going to Tesco. I don't need anything. I'm just escaping for an hour. If he's still at it when I get back I'll throw some cum in his face.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Missing out on a £1800 accumulator because Burnley failed to score.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Wanting to unleash a post vendor sponsored lunch poop in the bog at work, together with several super-farts, but a dude is there washing his hands....who the takes about 5 minutes to frigging get done with that leaving me sitting there trying to hold the Python in :eek:

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Just learned that my last two cars are still on the road. Including the one that was written off - must have been a Cat D.

Nothing to do with me really, just feeling a bit fleeced - like a lot of people have made a lot of money while I took a big hit.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Wanting to unleash a post vendor sponsored lunch poop in the bog at work, together with several super-farts, but a dude is there washing his hands....who the takes about 5 minutes to frigging get done with that leaving me sitting there trying to hold the Python in :eek:
Feck them just let it go.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

A courtesy minute is all that is required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom