SPAM random annoying things

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I'm more angry at the sneaky little clause in my insurance contact that adds a "vehicle type" excess of £250. I have no idea what it is but it's bullshit. That's in addition to the £350 voluntary excess. I estimate the repairs to be no more than a grand, so I'll pay for it myself. Maybe get a second hand door, might be cheaper (£150 on Ebay) and get the shop to fit and respray it. I'd also lose my 10 years NCB and suffer increased premiums, so it isn't worth claiming. There's some keying on the other side (some cunt keyed a load of cars on our street a couple of years back) so I can get that done too.

I'm keeping this car for a long time now, my next car (provided this one doesn't fall apart) will be fully electric. I've decided that I've spent far too much money on cars and that for the most part, they bring me little to no enjoyment because they've all sat outside doing nothing most of the time. Better to spend it on the things I get tonnes of love from - cycling. And I still fancy a motorbike, right now the new Honda Rebel 500 is catching my eye.

Yeah mate that's the shittiest thing with the fucking insurance, the penalty to your no-claim. I had the same with my GT. Got bashed across three side panels and the fucker left no note. Expert assessors estimate was 300 Euros per panel. Insurance informed me I'd go from 85% no claim to 0. Takes about 10 years, so way more than 900e, to build back. Fuck that.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Some people woke up today with the knowledge they've got terminal cancer. I just woke up to a few dented panels. Pointless getting annoyed about it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Dont you protect your ncb? I think i can have a couple of claims in a year before i lose mine now

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Not worth protecting when you've been insured for 15 years without a claim. You pay to protect it, pay a massive excess, then pay increased premiums when you do claim. I don't have breakdown cover either, if I broke down tomorrow I'd still be quids in with the money I've saved over the years.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Not worth protecting when you've been insured for 15 years without a claim. You pay to protect it, pay a massive excess, then pay increased premiums when you do claim. I don't have breakdown cover either, if I broke down tomorrow I'd still be quids in with the money I've saved over the years.

I've been thinking of doing something similar. I want to abandon the hedonistic treadmill of car purchasing and get something outright that I can drive to work in but take camping at the weekend that will be cheap to run and insure (like an older Passat, Touran or Caddy). For example:

Volkswagen-Caddy-Maxi-Life-(3).jpg

023d2bf2047d39f3a6748ba496806ae9--caddy-camping-vw-bus.jpg

touran20.jpg

touran21.jpg

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I got a 2014 passat estate that i intend to run intothe ground. Not gonna replace it. But i disagree with protecting no claims. Its not very much extra and means i dont have to shell out a grand cause my premium will go up.

Also i like break down cover not cause i dont use it but if i have to use it i know someones a call away to get me car. And im not having to budget hundreds in recovery fees from the side of a motorway for example.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Some people woke up today with the knowledge they've got terminal cancer. I just woke up to a few dented panels. Pointless getting annoyed about it.

I've woken up with cancer before. It wasn't so bad. Far preferable to waking up with a beige Lexus on the drive anyway...

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
You only protect your NCB, they still load your risk after a claim, in fact telling them you've had an incident, even without claiming will cost you.
Also changing companies, many will not acknowledge the protected bonus of another insurer, it's a mine field and insurance companies are utter twats.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I quite like the insurance system for cars in UAE - rate is set at around 3% of the value of the car with agency repair out of warranty costing a bit extra. most new cars come with 13 months free insurance.

Job

If I see princess fucking diana in one more paper..no one gives a shit.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You still buy papers?

Criky, it does take the North a while to catch up.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No, I am in the best bit, the middle. Very few Northerners (evolutionary throwbacks) or Southerners (ponces) here.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Running low on on HDD space - used the Plex client to delete a load of old media so it doesn't still turn up in the menu (just deleting it from the HDD leaves it in the plex database).

Shitloads deleted. ZERO hard drive space recovered. No files show up in the O/S - but available space is still the same.

Running chkdsk isn't throwing up any errors. Fucking Plex :eek:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Running low on on HDD space - used the Plex client to delete a load of old media so it doesn't still turn up in the menu (just deleting it from the HDD leaves it in the plex database).

Shitloads deleted. ZERO hard drive space recovered. No files show up in the O/S - but available space is still the same.

Running chkdsk isn't throwing up any errors. Fucking Plex :eek:
Deleting it from Plex probably won't delete it from the HDD (you're just removing it from the library) and deleting from the HDD won't automatically delete it from Plex. I'd delete from the HDD and then rescan the libraries in Plex to remove the entries (or wait for it to do it automatically if you have the schedule setup to rescan).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Deleting it from Plex probably won't delete it from the HDD (you're just removing it from the library) and deleting from the HDD won't automatically delete it from Plex. I'd delete from the HDD and then rescan the libraries in Plex to remove the entries.
Nope. Not user error.

You can select to delete from HDD in the plex client as well as from the library.

Files are gone from HDD and the plex library yet available space is the same.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Presumably, only if you have allowed Plex access to the machine with the files on.

Possibly in the network sharing options for that folder on your PC.

No idea if that is right but I would probably check it in my list of trying random things until something works method.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Nope. Not user error.

You can select to delete from HDD in the plex client as well as from the library.

Files are gone from HDD and the plex library yet available space is the same.
If they're gone from the HDD then you'd have the space back. :) Are you sure Plex didn't put them in the Recycle Bin or something?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Local to this PC. Process has been working fine, until today :(

If they're gone from the HDD then you'd have the space back. :) Are you sure Plex didn't put them in the Recycle Bin or something?
Nope. Files are gone from plex and can't be located on the HDD (entire seasons of shows - and some entire shows - probably about 100Gb of space should have been freed up).

So, files aren't in plex, on the HDD (viewable from explorer) and they're not in the recycle bin, disk shows 159mb of free space :eek:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
OK. Recycle bin was empty. I disabled recycling on that drive, offlined and onlined the disk. Nowt. Re-enabled recycle bin. Nowt. Offlined and onlined the disk again. Recycle bin filled up. Emptied.

Nowt :eek:

Offlined and onlined the disk again. Magic. 115Gb free.

Still :eek:

Edit: Will delete files manually from now on and then delete the entries from the plex library.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
That's the way to do it. I wouldn't delete stuff via Plex anyway, I only let it have read access to the files just in case.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The number of forms and the amount of pages each one has just to sell and buy a house. Got writers cramp. Im an IT guy i dont write anything these days lol

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You think that's bad, I have to fill in a load of forms to work in France because I'll be doing more than their working week allows. 2 hours of shitty form filling, and if I don't do it and get caught, it's a 2,000 Euro fine apparently.

Job

My disk suddenly filled up so I deleted 7gb of shite..cleared the recycle...two days later it was back to 0 again...Im like fuck, somethings writing to disk.
Ran every concievable malware / virus..no luck.
Deleted another 6gb.
That stayed fine for a few weeks, turned it on today...got 13gb free.
File explorer has aids I presume.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
More user error than you could shake a very large stick at, I imagine.

Also, 6 gig free? Is your PC from 2001?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Some (terrible) software have a bad habit of not rolling over their logs, this means if they are run as a service the log files become gigantic text dumps

AVG for instance used to so this, workaround was to make the log files read only

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom