SPAM random annoying things

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I've always bought comprehensive insurance because of the fact that it covers you to drive other cars 3rd party.

Turns out not any more. Lots of insurers have dumped that. Including mine. :eek:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
In fact, if it's not 3rd party, fire and theft, what the fuck else does "fully comp" cover?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Dickheads with stupid attention seeking dickhead ring tones. You're 45 mate, not a 16 year old teenager.

Dickhead.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I've always bought comprehensive insurance because of the fact that it covers you to drive other cars 3rd party.

Turns out not any more. Lots of insurers have dumped that. Including mine. :eek:

Just checked my policy, both me and the OH (who is a named driver) can drive any other car we like, as long as we have the owners permission. This is with Tesco - don't recall adding it as an extra - not sure if it's part of Business Class 1 Cover, but it's definitely there.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Now I've washed all the crap off it isn't as bad as I thought. I think it's just beyond the level of a smart repair.

IMG_20170809_150249.jpg

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
In a house today that us ruled by a little 10yr old fucking spoilt brat.
Hes got ADHD says the pathetic parents, off school trying to find him a special placement, they just let him run around shouting fuck you cunt to everyone he meets, throws his food at the walls, starts punching the walls cos his tea was late.
All he gets is ..please dont do that dear.
Kid seriously needs a good slap.
She actually put ear defenders on him while I was drilling the wall...because he hears sound 100X louder than normal.
They are involved in this kids destroyed life and the doctors need to tell the social workers to fuck off.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
How much of that is also paint marring rather than actual scratch? Some of that might polish out.

I'm not sure, but the back door definitely needs spraying as there are a couple of small gouges that have almost gone to the metal, so it doesn't matter too much if the front door can be polished or not. I'll take it to a nearby body shop and see what they say. I'm hoping the back door can be made reasonably straight, it doesn't have to be perfect for me. Just as long as it's ok.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I've just put my heating on, its fucking freezing!!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Windows resetting file associations a'fucking'gain.

Their push for for people to use their own crappy programs is getting tiresome. To make it even more retarded windows is now trying to associate email addresses with their shitty built-in email browser, despite having MS office.

Clicked an email address in one of my office tasks, opens shitty outlook. Yeah good one MS.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
People who use headings like "dramatis personae" within a 28 page document to explain a process that I can explain in a paragraph.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse

Van insurance never covers other cars...I pay 800 a year and can't even pop the shops in my mates car.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Sisters that whatsap call you to borrow £150 because they s̶p̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶e̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶u̶r̶i̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶p̶ didn't know you had to pay a tax to leave Jamaica. That's £150 I will never see again.

Also, tin pot shit holes that need to fleece people who are leaving.

dysfunction

FH is my second home

Mine still includes it. I'm with esure if that helps.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Mine still includes it. I'm with esure if that helps.
Got named on the missus' insurance - £25 to change the details - but it was £29 cheaper - so they've refunded her £4 :)

Still - it boils my piss that what we've taken for granted has been stealthily removed by a lot of insurers - lots of people will be driving around uninsured because of what was previously a reasonable expectation.

Bodhi

Um, is going as a named driver on someone's insurance when it's your car not called fronting?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Um, is going as a named driver on someone's insurance when it's your car not called fronting?
Never heard of fronting?

Missus rang up her insurer, asked if I could be covered to drive her car, they added me. What's the problem with that? They added me - so if there is something untoward going on then surely that's the insurers fault for not explaining things/facilitating things?

Edit: Her car. I want cover to drive her car. Which would normally have been covered by fully comp insurance - until insurers became fucktards.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Yes if you buy a car, get your wife to insure it under her name and get yourself down as a named driver.

Getting on someone insurance as a named driver is fine, no point taking out two policies (not even sure you can have 2 policies for 1 vehicle?)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes if you buy a car, get your wife to insure it under her name and get yourself down as a named driver.

Getting on someone insurance as a named driver is fine, no point taking out two policies (not even sure you can have 2 policies for 1 vehicle?)
Sounds a bit bizarre - lots of people would buy their missus a car. What's the qualitative difference if it's viewed between you as her or your car? Both people are gonna be driving it anyway...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Sounds a bit bizarre - lots of people would buy their missus a car. What's the qualitative difference if it's viewed between you as her or your car? Both people are gonna be driving it anyway...

Because its fraud. If you are getting someone else to insure a car that you will predominately drive then the insurer will use the other person to base their risk assessment on, not you. They don't give much of a shit about named drivers, with the expectation that they are occasional users and a very low risk.

There was a big drama a few years ago because people were abusing it to insure their boy racer kid's cars and then getting the kids on as named drivers.

Fraudulent insurance is essentially no insurance, really not worth the risk these days.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Because that is a pretty shit way of doing it when you are insuring risk.

It punishes sensible drivers (more) as they also get judged the same risk as shit drivers.

The chances of me crashing, because I am a good driver and don't drive like a moron is low. The chances of some kid that has just passed his test and thinks he is a pro, is high. It's only right that I pay less and he pays more.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I like the Australian system. You're covered for all cars for injuries to 3rd parties I believe (happens when cars are registered) - but you don't get cover for damage to property if you don't pay.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Hmmmm maybe

Seems a bit odd that you can have a vehicle perfectly ready to drive but could end up in a situation where no one present would be allowed to drive it

And if the option to pay extra to cover everyone no longer exists (at least for individual persons) seems to be a gap in the market!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well the vast majority of fully comprehensive insurance policies allow you to drive any car with 3rd party insurance. Although, not in @Scouse's case.

Only chavs get 3rd party fire/theft policies. It is up to the owner to make sure the driver of the vehicle has the correct insurance.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Its not who buys the car or who its registered too. Its who drives it the most that needs to be the main insurer. Withe a named driver being the person who drives it occassionally.

Bodhi

Never heard of fronting?

Missus rang up her insurer, asked if I could be covered to drive her car, they added me. What's the problem with that? They added me - so if there is something untoward going on then surely that's the insurers fault for not explaining things/facilitating things?

Edit: Her car. I want cover to drive her car. Which would normally have been covered by fully comp insurance - until insurers became fucktards.

It's commong amongst 17-21 year olds tryin to avoid being bent over for insurance. Effectively parents buy kids a car, parents put kids down as named drivers and them as the main drivers, car is mainly driven by kids. Awesome way to invalidate your insurance!

Didn't pick up it was the OH's car anyway, in whch case no issues. Worth double checking though, given what arseholes the insurance industry tend to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom