SPAM random annoying things

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So my GP decided that I needed to have a meeting with the pharmacist in order to make sure that I use an inhaler correctly - and until that meeting they'll only prescribe me one inhaler, instead of 3 in on prescription (which is the same price if you buy it through Superdrug etc).

I do not understand the logic behind this decision in the slightest; I can overdose on 3 inhalers, but 1, nah?

So I rang up today like 'I need inhalers, but I don't want to keep buying single inhalers because it's highly inefficient and I'm not in a financial position to keep doing it'.

The response was 'Oh okay, how about an appointment on the 9th of September? :):):)'

I just don't understand the thinking behind it - is it a money saving operation or?

Also... east leicester medical practice - Google Search,

(I love the review which says someone said it's bad, so I'm giving it a poor review.)

OK, so they called me having the phone appointment - my phone rang once - IE a single ring tone, then I received a message informing me that I should call them back up and get put through to him, OK.

I'm then on hold for 30 minutes, first in the queue, then the automated voice says 'the GP is too busy, we can't answer your call' then it goes dead.

Where can I formally complain? Anyone know, this is fucking stupid, someone is going to die.

Infact, my neighbour has just been diagnosed with lung cancer, he was coughing up blood the other day so his wife took him to the doctors and they said yeah, tomorrow maybe?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
THE NHS IS GREAT

SUCH GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY

The are all as useless as one another, yes you can complain but it won't make any difference. They are paid to waste as much time as possible.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
My mother goes private...it is shockingly bad as well, they are all polite and nice couches, but the incompetence is strong.
Actually it us almost entirely clerical, you could improve the NHS 1000% by allowing competent people to have their own health records and arrange their own appointments and drug supply.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You could improve it by sacking all the useless people and changing the entire culture form "whatevz, we get paid anyway" to "if we fuck up or are painfully slow, our bottom line gets hit"

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Just got off the phone with the Pharmacist, I complained to him, and he was extremely apologetic and explained everything whereas the receptionists were like yeah cool.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Or you could fund it properly.

But don't disturb the super rich tho. They're completely deserving of their wealth as they 'earned' it, right?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The clerical side is funded plenty, it is however, completely and utterly mismanaged. You just need to go into any old doctors surgery and see the huge amount of staff at the front desk, doing absolutely fuck all.
They all have that vague look on their face that suggests they have no idea what they are doing but nobody cares so they just carry on without a care in the world. Afterall, you fix that sort of problem by throwing more money and more staff at it don't you?

Job

I'm pretty sure you could pay everyone in the nhs double salary and things would actually get worse.

Its the oldschool mentality that BT had when I joined it..paying customers are lucky to have our attention...I'm talking clerical not clinical.

This private consultation my mother had..took her myself cos she cant walk well.
We left his room and went to the desk, my mother got out her bank card and she practically spat out 'we dont take cards..not for consultations!'
My mother was all apologetic, while I'm like about to explode.
Its a 175 quid, were you expecting cash.
She barks back
'You'll have to go back and sort it with him..waved her hand and turned to the other prick sat their doing fuck all.
Suffice to say at that point I voiced my opinion, 30 seconds later they did take cards, the manager was out apologising and everyone in the room was saying to me howcthey are akways like that.
I do believe they go on a course to learn how to be obnoxious.
The NHS is riddled with that mentality.

Last edited:

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I agree with @Scouse let's move to the funding model all the well funded Health Services in Europe use. I'm actually deadly serious as well - that recent report that everyone was wanking themselves silly about that proclaiming the NHS was the best in the world - at everything except outcomes - i.e making people better, in which case it was barely better than the US. But they are efficiently killing people, so that's OK.

Anyway, when would you like your health insurance to start?

Job

No the future is fuk ALL the clerical off, AI GPs, robot surgeons.
It is utterly pointless having 10s of thousands of experts all with their own subtle take on illnesses, training, paying pensions, when one central database of knowledge can deduce the problem all ready better than a human.
My doctor looks up problems on Google while I'm sat there.
Once you get the momentum going, proper diagnosis rather than tired best guess, you can start keeping people out of beds, freeing up AE for its real purpose.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Anyway, when would you like your health insurance to start?

We already pay insurance at the point of earning, NI, private health cover would be a lot cheaper.

It's not an argument about whether they are funded properly or not, its that they are hilariously inefficient at every stage so just throwing more money at it won't fix the problem. A dramatic change in the culture within the NHS is needed, people need to stop rocking up, sitting there doing half a job for 8 hours and going home. They need workable targets, those that fail to achieve them need chopping and replacing with competent staff, just like in the real world.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
You could also fund the NHS better if you stopped discouraging people from smoking.....

Tom

I am a FH squatter
In this thread - people who have no medical knowledge whatsoever acting as though they're experts.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You don't need a medical degree to spot coasting clerical staff.

I always find it funny that the private practice that my wife goes to for her eye problem has just as many patients in the waiting room yet manages with half the reception staff.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
We have like two reception staff i think in our local practice and always get an appointment that day or the next.

You talk in generalisations as if you been to every surgery to back that up.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I usually call at 8.30 and get an appointment for the end of the day, they usually say come in at 10.00 and I say end of the day will be fine. I check in on the touch screen when I get there and I don't think I have ever had a late appointment

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That would be what they class as an emergency appointment.

A few years ago I had a growth, explained to the mong on the desk that I was basically shitting blood (a small amount but blood, arse, concern) she tried to get me to book an appointment in a weeks time, or phone the next day and try and get a (limited slots) same day appointment.

I just went to A&E and was in surgery 12 hours or so later.

It gave me 12 hours of people watching, the army of clerical wastes of space. Fire 3, employ a doc, fire 2 employ another nurse, there are hundreds of them, doing absolutely nothing.

Edit, after I was discharged I had to essentially argue with the fuckwit at the local docs to get the district nurse out. Despite having a 3 inch deep open wound, 1 inch from my chocolate starfish, the idiot insisted I must phone in the morning to get an appointment then drive to the surgery to get the hole re-packed and re-dressed then drive home again (so long as there was an appointment available ofc, if not, lol) Despite explaining the logistics of sitting they didn't really understand the issue.

I ended up phoning the hospital and sorting it that way, the nurse phoned me and arranged to come every day for a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Mine wasnt emergency appointment. Mostly they dont take appointments more than three days in advance so you dont get into crazy three week waiting times to see a gp

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fashion has always been annoying to me - I realised young that the term 'victim' was a very real and accurate description.

It exists to sell shit to idiots by making people feel bad if they don't 'follow' fashion. Maximisation of profits, nothing more.

This shows it what it's for - with the majority of the population overweight it's adapting. But seriously - get these unhealthily fat bitches off the catwalk. It's a terrible example.

Job

And ban tattoos as well..theres a mental health epidemic we are storing for 20 years time.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Finding somebody has done this and driven off. Insurance job I think, I can't turn up to clients with this damage.

IMG_20170805_123358.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I was angry for about ten minutes and then decided that being angry achieves nothing. My car is just a tool (albeit a nice one) so I'm not going to dwell on it. I'll get it fixed and move on with life. I can rationalise these things quite easily, if it costs me £1,000 to get it repaired then so be it, depreciation is more expensive anyway. I'll be keeping this car for a long time so in the long run, it isn't a big expense.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I was angry for about ten minutes and then decided that being angry achieves nothing. My car is just a tool (albeit a nice one) so I'm not going to dwell on it. I'll get it fixed and move on with life. I can rationalise these things quite easily, if it costs me £1,000 to get it repaired then so be it, depreciation is more expensive anyway. I'll be keeping this car for a long time so in the long run, it isn't a big expense.

Agree dude, but didn't want to be that 'it's only a car' guy, good attitude to life in general - anger is wasted.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm more angry at the sneaky little clause in my insurance contact that adds a "vehicle type" excess of £250. I have no idea what it is but it's bullshit. That's in addition to the £350 voluntary excess. I estimate the repairs to be no more than a grand, so I'll pay for it myself. Maybe get a second hand door, might be cheaper (£150 on Ebay) and get the shop to fit and respray it. I'd also lose my 10 years NCB and suffer increased premiums, so it isn't worth claiming. There's some keying on the other side (some cunt keyed a load of cars on our street a couple of years back) so I can get that done too.

I'm keeping this car for a long time now, my next car (provided this one doesn't fall apart) will be fully electric. I've decided that I've spent far too much money on cars and that for the most part, they bring me little to no enjoyment because they've all sat outside doing nothing most of the time. Better to spend it on the things I get tonnes of love from - cycling. And I still fancy a motorbike, right now the new Honda Rebel 500 is catching my eye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom