SPAM random annoying things

Tom

I am a FH squatter
We have a long history with computers. Our first was a Commodore Pet 2001 in the late 70s. 8k ram, tape drive, chiclet keyboard and a sound expansion cartridge. There followed a vic-20, a Tandy trs-80, c64, Amiga, then a line of pcs. My first PC was a 486sx20 with 8mb ram (expensive) and an 85mb HD.

We also had a prestel terminal and later a 2400 baud modem for the c64, which we used to connect to Compunet. I remember using it to download The Sacred Armour of Antiriad, which was charged to the subscription, and which I didn't have permission for . The modem acted as a dongle to prevent piracy. We got a 36k modem for the PC, and I ran up a massive telephone bill calling various bulletin boards

My first memory of the internet is using things like webcrawler and yahoo to find the utterly shit websites that existed then. Kids today have absolutely no idea of how things used to be.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
My 1st was a spectrum, me and @Deebs used to go and buy games from WHSmith, copy them and take them back for a refund

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Had a Vic-20 with the 3.5k ram expansion, a C64 and an Amiga before purchacing a P90 at uni.

The first best reason for computers is for gaming. However, to keep things randomly annoying: I've lost all enthusiasm for it completely. There's just so little out there that makes me want to get into it properly again. I think gaming's been in decline for the best part of a decade or so. I've got no kids so I'm time-rich but there's just nothing I feel I can invest in. :(

dysfunction

FH is my second home
My 1st was a spectrum, me and @Deebs used to go and buy games from WHSmith, copy them and take them back for a refund

Mine was a Spectrum too.
Then an 8086 from my Dad's work which had "Leisure Suit Larry in the land of the Lounge Lizards" on it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
48k speccy followed by a +2. But had a grandstand tv game think. With pong and stuff on it earlier than that.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Had a Vic-20 with the 3.5k ram expansion, a C64 and an Amiga before purchacing a P90 at uni.

The first best reason for computers is for gaming. However, to keep things randomly annoying: I've lost all enthusiasm for it completely. There's just so little out there that makes me want to get into it properly again. I think gaming's been in decline for the best part of a decade or so. I've got no kids so I'm time-rich but there's just nothing I feel I can invest in. :(

I felt like that a few years ago after seeing the depressing amount of time I had ploughed into an MMO, started a degree with the OU and picked up some new hobbies, shooting, leather work, recently cycling (although that's more commuting than anything else but who knows where it will lead) Fishing is next on my list, bought some equipment just need to get around to getting on with it.

Had some dead ends (cake decorating ffs, I am good at it but its pointless) but there is a whole world of shit to do with spare time that can be interesting and rewarding.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Witcher three is really good. And on pc very pretty too.

P90 must have been mid to late 90s. I had a 486 dx 100 i think it was. I upgraded to that with a student loan in around 94

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I felt like that a few years ago after seeing the depressing amount of time I had ploughed into an MMO, started a degree with the OU and picked up some new hobbies, shooting, leather work, recently cycling (although that's more commuting than anything else but who knows where it will lead) Fishing is next on my list, bought some equipment just need to get around to getting on with it.

Had some dead ends (cake decorating ffs, I am good at it but its pointless) but there is a whole world of shit to do with spare time that can be interesting and rewarding.
MMO dont interest me any more. Too many shits play them and they just time sinks without progression most of the time. Prefer the solitary pursuit of the single play action rpgs now.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
48k speccy followed by a +2. But had a grandstand tv game think. With pong and stuff on it earlier than that.
Yep, i got a 16k and them got some RAM to upgrade to 48k, it was the 1st time i had taken one apart and upgraded, i felt like a computer tech.

Now i just thump my case to stop the fan rattling

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
We have a long history with computers. Our first was a Commodore Pet 2001 in the late 70s. 8k ram, tape drive, chiclet keyboard and a sound expansion cartridge. There followed a vic-20, a Tandy trs-80, c64, Amiga, then a line of pcs. My first PC was a 486sx20 with 8mb ram (expensive) and an 85mb HD.

Take out the Tandy and add BBC, Spectrum and QL was pretty much my early comp experience.

First PC was a self build a 386 with a Voodoo Graphics Card and Soundblaster audio

My first PC Laptop was a 386SX20 with a whopping 40MB hard drive :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I made a lot of money for about 18 months repairing Spectrums. 80% of them suffered from 2 faults, a transistor that used to blow when people pulled modules out of the expansion port when powered and the 4116 & 8116 Ram chips. Could buy them for pennies and charge 20 quid to repair. only a few tools required, a second hand Oscilloscope, a soldering iron, cutters and snipe nosed pliers. Was doing about 20-30 a week at one summer after placing an add in the local rag :).

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Anyone remember the dodgy 0800 numbers floating about? My mate shared a nicked Red Hot Ant account which gave me a period of tariff free internet.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
My first interneting was on a dreamcast, my first email was to a Mr Christopher Tookey of Daily mail fame, calling him a cunt.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
People who drive powerful cars but are unable to maintain their speed when going up a slight incline.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Theres a special place in hell for people who listen to music without headphones on public transport

If it had been a teen or a kid i might have put it down to just being an asshat yoof but this was a woman in her 30s listening to finnish rap music on youtube ffs

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I worked for CompuServe for ffs.
I was a long time member of Compuserve, Cix and Demon Internet back in the day. Spent most of my time reading the messages instead of work.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
They didn't have PC's when i was 16, i had an Atari 2600
Missile Command in your front room! I remember when I clocked a score of a million on that Atari playing Missile Command.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
People that don't understand how traffic lights work. Green means go, it doesn't mean ever slowly take the handbrake off, put it in gear and then go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom