SPAM random annoying things

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Civilization V.
Last night I was "just going to check something"... 14 hours later I'm still playing the same map and It's five in the morning.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Civilization V.
Last night I was "just going to check something"... 14 hours later I'm still playing the same map and It's five in the morning.

Long all-night gaming sessions are some of my fondest memories. I nearly flunked uni because I'd be up to 4am playing CS beta 5.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Long all-night gaming sessions are some of my fondest memories. I nearly flunked uni because I'd be up to 4am playing CS beta 5.

I played a quite disgusting about of late night / early morning QuakeWorld while at Uni along with working on a certain green themed hobby .... BarrysWorld was part of the reason I never finished my PhD but then it was also part of the reason I have the job I do now.

Worth? :rolleyes:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I was a peasant back then, 20 odd hour games of C&C with two playstations linked together. We would even truces to go out and get wankered while we collected ore.

old.user4556

I played a quite disgusting about of late night / early morning QuakeWorld while at Uni along with working on a certain green themed hobby .... BarrysWorld was part of the reason I never finished my PhD but then it was also part of the reason I have the job I do now.

Worth? :rolleyes:

Ahhhhh quakeworld. I was just a nipper running up massive phone bills around 1998. I graduated up to Barrysworld and thrown into the orgy of people like Bigfoot and Cenobite.

Remember b0rk.co.uk ? Or even remember Paul2[moo]?

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Remember b0rk.co.uk ? Or even remember Paul2[moo]?

the b0rk IRC server sat under my office desk for at least a year. It made a nice warm foot rest in winter :)

Paul2 was the first time I ever encountered the phrase "cunt knuckle" - he certainly had a way with words.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
People here actually lived the beginning of the proper internets...

dysfunction

FH is my second home

Indeed. Quite a few of us knocking around here.

I remember setting up the internet at home and then thinking..."er I don't know what to do now...". There were no proper search engines or anything at that time. Or even a proper web browser. I think I got Mosaic and then Netscape at some point

Last edited:

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
My first memory of online gaming was Diablo 1. People duping and hacking like crazy, lol

"what trainer are you guys using and where can I download it?? Hello..? I'm only 11 please help"

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I've never seen a RAS syndrome sufferer using the redundant word before the acronym...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The lifetime insurance cover for my cats going up to £85 a month.

old.user4556

One of my earliest experience of the internet was using a free Compuserve (or maybe AOL...) trial to FTP into ID softwares servers to download the Quake beta - must have been late 1994 / early 1995 (I was an ereet teenage geek). It was 4MB in size and took about 25 mins to download, and promptly went round to my mates house with my PC and a null modem cable to play it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The lifetime insurance cover for my cats going up to £85 a month.
Don't bother. £1000/year? Balls to that. If you have to get massive surgery to prolong a cat's life that's probably the wrong thing to do IMO. Humans understand what's going on and why - and can act in a way that looks after their surgery injuries. Animals can't, so that crosses a line for me.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well, they have paid out around 20k so far, cancer, absolutely fine now except medication at £25 a tablet.

Still annoying though.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I remember having to download pictures in sections which then needed pasting together before you could view the image.

That and the Heretic server we had running in the office.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Doom on the sun sparcs when iworked there in 95/6. Playing death match

And populous via serial cable between two pc in around 1990.

old.user4556

Fucking loved Populous over a null-modem cable, but I was an Amiga guy at that point. Didn't get my first PC (386 SX25) until about 93/94.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Fucking loved Populous over a null-modem cable, but I was an Amiga guy at that point. Didn't get my first PC (386 SX25) until about 93/94.
Got my first pc in about the same ish time. The populous was when i was at work in bae.

My first pc was a 386 dx30.

Had an amiga and an atari st at the same time as well hehe

old.user4556

Got my first pc in about the same ish time. The populous was when i was at work in bae.

My first pc was a 386 dx30.

Had an amiga and an atari st at the same time as well hehe

When I think about it, that's what started me on the upgrade cycle :D.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
My mum couldn't afford a PC so we had to pretend.

old.user4556

My 386 SX was a sell-off of old kit from my dad's work - it was an offer for friends and colleagues. As soon as I started working at 16 I threw all my money into phonebills and upgrades.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
They didn't have PC's when i was 16, i had an Atari 2600

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom