SPAM random annoying things

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I love vegans, always a source for amusement.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
We just need to boycott shit meat from US, South America, Spain and Ireland.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Scotch beef is still the best I'm afraid. Mainly cos - look at em.

250px-Highland_Cattle_4.jpg

1, 2 ,3 - awwwwww. They're ginger and everything.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
A local journalist has reviewed some eateries in our town centre and slagged one of them off. The locals are in uproar on Facebook, because the journalist complained about a 50p credit card charge. They're all saying that it's a fair charge. Only I've investigated and it seems they're breaking the law. And the locals are defending them.

Thankfully, my council has a trading standards department who should put them straight. Perhaps they're ignorant of the change in the law, but I doubt it since I think most card issuers would send guidance on the law, which changed only in the last year or two (it's 0.3% for credit cards and 0.2% for debit cards, apparently).

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
A local journalist has reviewed some eateries in our town centre and slagged one of them off. The locals are in uproar on Facebook, because the journalist complained about a 50p credit card charge. They're all saying that it's a fair charge. Only I've investigated and it seems they're breaking the law. And the locals are defending them.

Thankfully, my council has a trading standards department who should put them straight. Perhaps they're ignorant of the change in the law, but I doubt it since I think most card issuers would send guidance on the law, which changed only in the last year or two (it's 0.3% for credit cards and 0.2% for debit cards, apparently).
Whats the law they are breaking?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The surcharge isn't allowed to be more than the cost for them to actually process the payment.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The surcharge isn't allowed to be more than the cost for them to actually process the payment.
Interesting cause i know quite a few fast food establishments here that charge 50p for a card transaction.

So can you just report them to the trading standards then. 0.3% of twenty quid isnt 50p

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Oh lol, someone on the same group is complaining that a woman in the town centre was feeding a cat a Greggs pasty. I swear, Facebook town groups are fantastic at showing just how utterly fucking stupid some people are.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I like our village one. There is a problem with parking and traffic at school times. The fat lazy fucks are always trying to defend driving their equally hideous children to school (the village is a square mile and the school is at the centre) They get most indigent when people complain about their double parking/parking over drives etc. They go mental when someone suggests the lazy fuckers should walk.

Or the townies who have moved into a rural village and started bitching about muddy roads (of all things) because there is so much farm traffic this time of year. There was even some cunt moaning about dead birds near a footpath (farmland) they appear to have been shot omg!

Sometimes, I think the world just needs a good old fashioned plague.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Oh lol, someone on the same group is complaining that a woman in the town centre was feeding a cat a Greggs pasty. I swear, Facebook town groups are fantastic at showing just how utterly fucking stupid some people are.

Agree, and it doesn't change the higher up the social scale either. There was a Facebook group for some posh part of Edinburgh complaining about the inconsiderate parking in the local Waitrose car park compounded by additional complaints of passive-aggressive notes left on cars.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
To misquote Hanns Johst, whenever I hear the word "community" I reach for my gun. The kind of people who get involved in their local community are usually exactly the last people you actually want to associate with; nosy busybodies with a Napoleon complex. Not all obviously, but enough.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Three different Monday morning crazies trying to strike up conversations with me while I was commuting. Please guys, it's Monday. I don't even want to talk to the people who I get paid to talk to, let alone random crazy people.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
That's a US export @TdC, travel buddies. They think, because they are on the same journey they need to assemble a community or pass the time by talking about their uninteresting lives. Had it on flights so many times.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Man, I hate it. Had it on some flights too. Luckily my usual air commute is so short that nobody even bothers. In fact I even ignore my minion if he's unfortunate enough to travel with me, poor fellow :D

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Three different Monday morning crazies trying to strike up conversations with me while I was commuting. Please guys, it's Monday. I don't even want to talk to the people who I get paid to talk to, let alone random crazy people.

Given the number of Dutch people I've had email me on my day off, when they were nowhere to be seen on Thursday...

Lakih

Resident Freddy
i think the travel buddy thing is kind of nice. In Sweden you can take the same bus, same time every day, with the exact same people for years, and no one have said as much as hello to another.
In the US if you are standing at a bus stop and someone comes up they at least say hello or nod in acknowledge that you exist.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I just clicked on an embedded video link on the Telegraph...works perfectly..fuk u twatter..anyway it was a vintage plane...2 min advert with no skip.
Seriously Telegraph.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Whats it got to do with twitter? We already established that no other browsers have an issue with embedded video apart from your samsung.

Also with no pay wall for it and the newspaper having to make money in some way im not surprised there was a no skip feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom