Question about speedwarps

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Does a speedwarp effect my /sprint speed and effect the speed of a player from the realm the speedwarp belongs to?

I ask because I rearsnared a scout tonite just as I entered an Alb speedwarp, he didn't purge, at least not that I can see from the fraps vid or the chatlog, about 2 secs after I snared he was sprinting away like a madman, I was a little slow in hitting the sprint key so I couldnt catch up.

Or is the rear snare style's (says 12 secs dur on herald) duration effected by resists in any way?

I promised Flim I wouldn't post any more speedhack accusations, so I aint mentioning any names, I'd just like an answer from someone who knows about warps, and not a 'that bastich suchAndSuch speedhacks also'.

Torvus

Fledgling Freddie
you may of had a bleed or dot on him...second style in the backstyle chain is a bleed (cd rear snare ye?).

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Torvus said:
you may of had a bleed or dot on him...second style in the backstyle chain is a bleed (cd rear snare ye?).

Bleeds don't effect snares do they?
Besides I fat fingered the keys and hit meteor shower instead of gale, so there was no bleed on him, just a snare style and he still managed to outrun me.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Hitting him after you snared him will break it ye. There is a funny bug or summin with SW's. If you have speed and enter an area with an enemy SW, you will get a slight speed increase for ½ a sec or so, before you actually get "SW'ed" Tho that would affect you and not him.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Mastade said:
Hitting him after you snared him will break it ye. There is a funny bug or summin with SW's. If you have speed and enter an area with an enemy SW, you will get a slight speed increase for ½ a sec or so, before you actually get "SW'ed" Tho that would affect you and not him.

Ahhh right
I didn't know that
Thanks

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
well if you keep spamming snare on him he shouldnt be able to outrun you unless he can charge :p

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Mastade said:
well if you keep spamming snare on him he shouldnt be able to outrun you unless he can charge :p

yer but then again you can't charge when snares, right? Also applies to snares that come from styles?

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
if im correct...

ur own realm SWs take ur speed off too!?

atleast as much as i have botherd to click SWs from afar or even looked them near

correct me if im wrong

if its true it suxx that u try to use it against an enemy but get the same gimp stuff on urself

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Your own realm speedwarps don't affect you. So if he had speed he'd get away quick enough.

Not sure if determination or stoicism affect snare durations - quite possible. Plus a snare starts at its full value and slowly tapers off - so that by the 11th second of the effect it's almost gone.

Veno

Fledgling Freddie
The snare effect is applied on your mainhand swing, which means if your offhand hit aswell the snare would break. Thats how Prevent Flight works so im assuming its the same for style based effects.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Veno said:
The snare effect is applied on your mainhand swing, which means if your offhand hit aswell the snare would break. Thats how Prevent Flight works so im assuming its the same for style based effects.

nope, snare styles were changed to apply the snare after the offhand swing back in patch 1.5something

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
i coulda sworn snares from styles stayed on when hit again, i must be wrong though i guess. will have to check later.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
snares from styles will break on the next bit of damage - some snares are unbreakable (snare poison for instance) but most break on the next hit. They experimented with making all style snares unbreakable but I don't think it ever got off of pendragon.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
ah, i tend to run snare poisen on offhand, so prolly where im gettin impression of unbreakable from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom