Question about last night

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
Not a QQ but a question to albs last night, they had iRVR and then they go to ailinne tower to farm for inc. then albs move to crauc t4 take it (without much time farming) some camp it, then fg albs take nged t4 camp it until we turned up and camped them. they must have been camping it for a good 20 mins waiting, while we killing their ram on nged t3 there another fg albs turn up.

See cup at bolg t4 so we go there, 15 albs there we kill em 10% left on door, kill that ram then the same 15 albs were inside nged t3 camping it. Just wondering really what was with all the tower camping cutting ports all over emain when you had irvr in crim - crau.

Like I say not qq'ing I had a good time was on my bard haandi all night and got it the last 130k for rr5 :) Just wondering really as cutting the nged and crau portals didnt make much sense unless you were going to go for another keep.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Like I say not qq'ing I had a good time was on my bard haandi all night and got it the last 130k for rr5 :) Just wondering really as cutting the nged and crau portals didnt make much sense unless you were going to go for another keep.

No idea, but I imagine it's the same reason that Hib/Mid take Beno and other towers to cut porting for Albs when they have irvr there.

Darzil

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Gratz on rr5!

On topic: Albs can be clueless at times :D

snopy

Fledgling Freddie
if you cant kill the enemy , kill the tower/keep´s:wanker:

Story of Albion

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
No idea, but I imagine it's the same reason that Hib/Mid take Beno and other towers to cut porting for Albs when they have irvr there.

Darzil

The normal reasons to cut port are:

1) Somebody is trying to cut your insta port - if you can't defend in time cutting their port buys you time for a retake and may even force them to abandon their take to defend against your attack.

2) You are heavily outnumbered and by hitting a tower you force the enemy zerg to spread out a bit. (This is probably similar to 3)

3) Tower camps - if Horner comes and helps you kill the tower captain or you are about to be zerged down etc.

There is of course one other reason to cut port; FOR ARTHUR MEGA MEIGHTS!

Now I didn't play on duvet last night so I don't know if those hibs were cutting your port, Darzil or you were being massively outnumbered by all the mids and were unable to step foot outside a keep/tower without some 50+ moc loltaping SMs killing you.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Actually, the usual reason Beno port gets cut regularly during the day is to draw the Albs to it to farm them, both Mid and Hib do it often. It's a standard tactic to attract enemies.

I suspect Alb use it the same way, but when they do it they get these threads on FH.

Darzil

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Congratulation Darzil you can repeat what I said! (Read my third point)

However any sensible tower camper would only cut port when they are starting to get overwhelmed by enemies. This happens quite frequently when playing against alb who have almost half of the online population.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

i think it was the plan to take nged, but we never came close to doing that, lol.

we wanted to try some open door farming at nged 4, but we just got overrun.

in the end, we tried a lot and it all failled, largely to AE showing up each time and cutting us down even while we ran with 2 okish groups and maybe the occasional soloer stuck to us.

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
i think it was the plan to take nged, but we never came close to doing that, lol.

we wanted to try some open door farming at nged 4, but we just got overrun.

in the end, we tried a lot and it all failled, largely to AE showing up each time and cutting us down even while we ran with 2 okish groups and maybe the occasional soloer stuck to us.

Tbh nice to see people at least trying something away from iRVR, if that was the case then you simply had some bad luck that we were in the area or passing by (or not in combat so was able to defend / attack as soon as we saw flames or cup in frontier.

We were running a bit of a different setup to our usual one, so was nice to play diff classes to normal even if I wasnt totally up to scratch on bard :D

snoepie

Fledgling Freddie
I'll make up for the errors u make on bard with my bains , no worries <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom