Ps3

Aada

Part of the furniture
Overdriven said:
OOT: That's what friends/my GF say to me ever other night =<

Driving games are fun tbh. Better 2+ player though.

I think driving games are fucking boring tbh its the same shit everytime and its like ''ok i just spent £50 on a game they was pretty much brought out a few years ago''.

I'd choose a shooter/rpg over a racer any day plus i can get the real experiance and go out and drive :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Aada said:
I think driving games are fucking boring tbh its the same shit everytime and its like ''ok i just spent £50 on a game they was pretty much brought out a few years ago''.

I'd choose a shooter/rpg over a racer any day plus i can get the real experiance and go out and drive :p

Sort of agree, all you need for any console is one great arcade style driving game and another great simulator type and you have enough to satisfy any driving pangs.

For instance on the Xbox 360, PGR3 and Burnout Revenge. Once I have both I have the great great driving games, buying another would just be a waste of money, the experience would be the same or close enough not to matter to anyone who isn't a driving game fanatic.

Aada

Part of the furniture
cHodAX said:
Sort of agree, all you need for any console is one great arcade style driving game and another great simulator type and you have enough to satisfy any driving pangs.

For instance on the Xbox 360, PGR3 and Burnout Revenge. Once I have both I have the great great driving games, buying another would just be a waste of money, the experience would be the same or close enough not to matter to anyone who isn't a driving game fanatic.

I have both.. Burnout is awsome :)

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Nearly all of that is in game cinematics, not actual gameplay. Have you seen actual gameplay of that desert racing game? It looks so bad (gameplay wise). :(

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Aada said:
Shame they are only ingame movies not actual gameplay.

You are wrong! The PS3 is like a supercomputer that could be hacked and turned into a machine that launches nuclear weapons!! Sony said it so it must be true!!

;)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Aada said:
Shame they are only ingame movies not actual gameplay.

Shame, they looked like gameplay to me. Guess we've got lots of first person cutscenes to come then!

Or maybe they were mostly gameplay, and you're being a fanboi as usual.

We'll just have to wait and see won't we.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Bodhi said:
Shame, they looked like gameplay to me. Guess we've got lots of first person cutscenes to come then!

Or maybe they were mostly gameplay, and you're being a fanboi as usual.

We'll just have to wait and see won't we.

Or maybe your just the gutted Sony fanboi who thought they were the earth shattering graphics you were going to get in your games?

*points, laughs*

Your the sony fanboi il be the 360 fanboi.. and sorry to say games wise the PS3 has nothing over the 360.. your precious GTA is now ours aswell too.

Have fun with your overpriced media player that gambles on Blueray being its main selling point.

And also have fun with the £50-60 price tag on games because its alot more expensive to develop for the PS3 then the 360, and to top it all off you'll be paying £400 ATLEAST for the console alone. With the stuff they have shoved into it there is no way its going to be anywhere near as close to the £280 price tag of the 360.

Bodhi

Aada said:
Or maybe your just the gutted Sony fanboi who thought they were the earth shattering graphics you were going to get in your games?

*points, laughs*

Your the sony fanboi il be the 360 fanboi.. and sorry to say games wise the PS3 has nothing over the 360.. your precious GTA is now ours aswell too.

Have fun with your overpriced media player that gambles on Blueray being its main selling point.

And also have fun with the £50-60 price tag on games because its alot more expensive to develop for the PS3 then the 360, and to top it all off you'll be paying £400 ATLEAST for the console alone. With the stuff they have shoved into it there is no way its going to be anywhere near as close to the £280 price tag of the 360.

Sounds more like to me you're trying to convince yourself you've bought the right console there matey. There's clearly some gameplay action in there, and it looks just as good as the cutscenes imo.

GTA doesn't interest me that much tbh, although as I don't have obese fingers I'd rather play it on a Playstation pad thx. It also means I can take GTA out and stick Gran Turismo in, which is all I really want out of a console tbh. It was cos of GT I bought my first PSX, and I suspect GT5 will have exactly the same draw for me. funnily enough though a bunch of PC ports, a gimmicky racing game and Table Tennis (fucking LOL) don't really float me boat.

By the way have fun playing HD-DVD's on your 360. $499 for an addon.....fucking lol. You could have a PS3 for that.....

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Bodhi said:
By the way have fun playing HD-DVD's on your 360. $499 for an addon.....fucking lol. You could have a PS3 for that.....

It's only around 180-200$ according to a danish xbox site.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Bodhi said:
Sounds more like to me you're trying to convince yourself you've bought the right console there matey. There's clearly some gameplay action in there, and it looks just as good as the cutscenes imo.

GTA doesn't interest me that much tbh, although as I don't have obese fingers I'd rather play it on a Playstation pad thx. It also means I can take GTA out and stick Gran Turismo in, which is all I really want out of a console tbh. It was cos of GT I bought my first PSX, and I suspect GT5 will have exactly the same draw for me. funnily enough though a bunch of PC ports, a gimmicky racing game and Table Tennis (fucking LOL) don't really float me boat.

$ 499? what aload of shit.

Search around the internet EA were saying games were to be retailed at around $70 for a PS3 game because it costs just too much to make games for it.

I don't have to convince myself of anything the console i have bought is a great machine with a great online service (something ps3 users will only dream of) and it didn't cost the earth either.

I think you're going to have abit of a shock when the prices start coming out and it aint gonna be cheap.

Bodhi

Aada said:
$ 499? what aload of shit.

Search around the internet EA were saying games were to be retailed at around $70 for a PS3 game because it costs just too much to make games for it.

I don't have to convince myself of anything the console i have bought is a great machine with a great online service (something ps3 users will only dream of) and it didn't cost the earth either.

I think you're going to have abit of a shock when the prices start coming out and it aint gonna be cheap.

You pays your money and all that. I'm used to quality costing extra.

I've seen two stories about the price of HD-DVD on 360, one quoted from an M$ rep saying it would be $499, Digitimes seem to think it's $200. Until it comes out I guess we'll won't know, I'd be more inclined to listen to an MS rep in all honesty. Still seems like more you have to pay for that comes with PS3 as standard in all honesty.

Oh and $70 a game? Doesn't seem so bad considering most 360 games are going for 45-50 quid a pop. I'd happily pay $70 for either Gran Turismo, Pro Evo or Tekken, cos I know I'll get the use out of them. Won't need none of that online shiznit either, I'll just get me mates round. Much more fun than talking to them through a headset, cos we can drink beer and allsorts.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Bodhi said:
You pays your money and all that. I'm used to quality costing extra.

I've seen two stories about the price of HD-DVD on 360, one quoted from an M$ rep saying it would be $499, Digitimes seem to think it's $200. Until it comes out I guess we'll won't know, I'd be more inclined to listen to an MS rep in all honesty. Still seems like more you have to pay for that comes with PS3 as standard in all honesty.

Oh and $70 a game? Doesn't seem so bad considering most 360 games are going for 45-50 quid a pop. I'd happily pay $70 for either Gran Turismo, Pro Evo or Tekken, cos I know I'll get the use out of them. Won't need none of that online shiznit either, I'll just get me mates round. Much more fun than talking to them through a headset, cos we can drink beer and allsorts.

That $499 price tag was the full bundle bud, console and drive. The finalized price will be released in 4 weeks, I have it on good authority that the price is $179/£120 and it won't be far off that mark anyway.

kan

Loyal Freddie
Nothing i have seen yet from the PS3 has made me go "wow" but i will wait and see how it looks when it comes out and get one if it is amazing.

Currently erect waiting for Dead Rising. Braaainns

Talivar

Part of the furniture
IMO its all down to brand loyalty and HD preferance since ps3/x360 both roughly as powerfull as each other,also lets be honest those that do care a lot about movies will prob end up buying standalone hd-dvd/blue ray players anyway,unless for 1st time ever a console dvd player is as good as standalone.
After launch tho the war will be decided on games, i can personally see x360 being the fps/sports master and ps3 being the rpg master, ofc both will have some of everything but not as many as other ect.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Sar said:
http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=9048

I'll be having a wii thanks.

CBA paying through the nose for a console anymore tbh, can't really afford it in all honesty.

Wii will also have my fave game franchises, so I'm happy both ways.

Wii sounds great but the last 2 Nintendo consoles i have bought ended up on 1 shelf right at the back of game with the only releases every so month are the Mario Party games.

I'll skip it unless it becomes a huge success but sadly cannot see this after the last 2 failures.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Bodhi said:
Much more fun than talking to them through a headset

Plus, you avoid the unfortunate side effect of looking like a complete tool.

kan

Loyal Freddie
I used to race in PGR on live and just continuously say "nerds" and "geeks" as i went round the track till my rep went too low for me to continue.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
I see myself also getting a Wii due to the simple fact I love Nintendo's flagship Franchises.

Also for £150 (I think it will be around that) you can't complain, Just waiting for gameplay to take preorders.

Bodhi

I've never been a huge fan of Ninty consoles the games seem a bit cutesy to me, and there's never been a decent driving game availible. Loved 4 Player pissed up Super Smash Brothers tho on the Gamecube, but I don't play enough games these days to warrant buying 2 consoles. I love GT, Tekken and Wipeout far too much to get anything but a PlayStation.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Nintendo always get my cash for the few unique games they come out with that no one else has. Goldeneye, Super Smash Brothers, Starfox, Zelda games and the nice suprise of having REsident Evil 4 long before any other format have all lead to me buying Nintendo hardware.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
PES6 and Fifa07 won't be coming for the ps3. Only the 360.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Wonk said:
PES6 and Fifa07 won't be coming for the ps3. Only the 360.

Yeah i saw that yesterday about time MS started doing stuff like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom