proposed new RA's

Neo

Loyal Freddie
im so glad i stoped playing daoc, best decision ever :eek:
Lineage2 here i come :wub:

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
I liked what i saw. The way passive RAs scale up is great.
Aug xxx 3, 4 or 5 isn't really worth it now unless it's a pre req for something else.
With the new RA system it will be and it encourages people to specialize more instead of getting 1 or 2 levels of as many RAs as possible.
I think we will see more different RA templates then we do now.

The new IP is also great. If you want to be able to heal yourself for almost full health, you have to pay for it.
Level 1 or 2 is nice, but, from a soloers perspective, it wont decide who wins a fight.
Oh, and finally i, as a hybrid, don't have to be 1.2 RRs higher than a tank to get the same RAs. :p

I haven't read about all the actives, but i'm sure some need a few adjustments. That's why Mythic is asking for feedback.
This is not the final RAs, i'm sure many will change before they are released.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Speaking of Skalds ^

Wtf is with them getting SoS / FH < or a Form of it anyway / AM / And some 10 dps ADD. There class Unique also gives a Free Grp 25% mcl xD

Thanes are made useful and a bit more from the looks of it.

Savage RA is so cool xD xD

Arms Unique RA sounds teh funneh. Pepper the shit out of ppl for 60 secs

Arms: Im Coming for you with my baby bow!
Healer1: wha ? whats the lunatic doing
Arms shoots healer for 10 dmg
Healer1: Very nice, go play in the front yard boy.
Arms: I teh pwnz :'(

<Yes it will interupt ofc but as so many ppl say arms should be doing damage and certainly shouldnt be running around peppering people for 60secs>

On a Side note, JimmythePost got some Serious loving :clap:

Bonedancer Class Unique looks overpowered.

Moc seems a waste for casters now unless a min of lvl 3 and still not as good :(

Bard Unique looks Great, Now firby bards can be Stlong in Confidence!

Dashing Defense Active The tank can block and parry for all groupmates within a 1000 radius for the duration listed.

That is 1 good, imagine a warrior popping that. They basically just told armsmen to Go S/S :/

Juggernaut Active Increases the effective level of the pet by the listed number of levels for 60 seconds.

Thats looks so overpowered :/

All the changes are still settling in with me but all in all it looks like it could be fun but with the possibility of the Strong get Stronger etc.

Only Time will tell I suppose.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
sell while ppl still buy armsmen vindi ! no point in playing the class

or is it already too late? :/

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:
imo nothing more than right for the assasins who used to have SH to get to feel the rcving end :p healthy for you etc

Other stealthers are what assassins kill these days - with perma TS for archers it's gonna fuck all assissins up....

Will ofc try but it's gonna be damn tough!

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I find I usually do between 150-300 damage with my crossbow with 2 sec drawtime depending on damage type vs armour type.

Not inconsiderable damage considering you can do this whilst chasing a support class who is just out of melee range, forcing them to stand and fight or get shot to hell, either way they lose and you win.

As for dashing defense, its hardly forcing armsman to go sword/shield, its just playing up to you hybrid gimps, you should be happy :p

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Vindicator said:
On a Side note, JimmythePost got some Serious loving :clap:

Wonder when we'll have the first "Nerf Jimmythepost!!" threads :p

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
gunner440 said:
sell while ppl still buy armsmen vindi ! no point in playing the class

or is it already too late? :/

No I dont wanna become another Gunz xD

Kagato said:
I find I usually do between 150-300 damage with my crossbow with 2 sec drawtime depending on damage type vs armour type.

Not inconsiderable damage considering you can do this whilst chasing a support class who is just out of melee range, forcing them to stand and fight or get shot to hell, either way they lose and you win.

As for dashing defense, its hardly forcing armsman to go sword/shield, its just playing up to you hybrid gimps, you should be happy :p

I didnt really mean 10 damage, I was more jesting at our Unique ability which takes away from our Primary Role, Dealing Damage in a 2h aspect or Taking damage in a S/S aspect.

Im Sure once you get a few lvls into Xbow it will be quite useful, Then again its Just playing up to you 50/50 gimps that like to waste points, you should be happy :p

150-300dmg, ScoutMan has been found xD .

It has its use's though as I stated, agreed but it is comical by the same token 2.

I want to be the first to say it, Nerf Post Toa/ Froniter Skalds with Current RA review part 2 etc imo :D

< Sorry Zoia :fluffle: >

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
Wahey GP finally removed, and det nerfed, and PF.
Very interesting change to purge as well, and major skald love.

BaoD finally available to all realms, and TWF, hib caster groups gonna be in trouble now :)

and 90% self abs for 20 secs for sorc for those nasty savage groups.

Too many changes to see if its balanced, personally I don't like the rr5 uniques, making all RA's available to all realms was a great change but these uniques could just ruin things again.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Vindicator said:
I want to be the first to say it, Nerf Post Toa/ Froniter Skalds with Current RA review part 2 etc imo :D

No need to be sorry. :)
I agree that a high RR skalds will be damn hard to take out in a 1 on 1 fight with the new RAs.
Allthough i love the RAs skalds got, i do think one of them should be given to shammies. Either the faith heal thing or AM.
Skalds are fighter/support in a way, but with these RAs we become more like healers.

High RR skalds are allready powerfull soloers w/RA up and with these changes we might be even better. Nice RAs on shorter timers.

Oh, and perhaps every mid stealth group should have a skald as bait? ;)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Vindicator said:
No I dont wanna become another Gunz xD

I didnt really mean 10 damage, I was more jesting at our Unique ability which takes away from our Primary Role, Dealing Damage in a 2h aspect or Taking damage in a S/S aspect.

Im Sure once you get a few lvls into Xbow it will be quite useful, Then again its Just playing up to you 50/50 gimps that like to waste points, you should be happy :p

150-300dmg, ScoutMan has been found xD .

It has its use's though as I stated, agreed but it is comical by the same token 2.

I only have a few left over points in crossbow that I could not fit into parry, like most Armsman and I still do 150-300 damage usually, I do not remember ever hitting below 100 on my bow against the most armour of enemies. Its still nice damage, crossbow damage has never been a problem, its crossbow RANGE that makes them suck.

I quite like the ability, wouldn't pay for it, but if they give it us for free, great.

It just increases our versitility, isn't that what you hybrids strive for?

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Nice, I was already ToA-ing my skald, planning to solo him again. This is just some icing on the cake :)

The new IP not being so effective is interesting, but who cares when you have access to AM and faith heal :D

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
I hope they make all classes viable in rvr, thats not to say the better players
with the better ra's and the better items wont have an advantage.
Its simply wrong when a rr10 class with good items and handled by an experienced player cannot compete with a rr2 in rvr.

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
ofcourse albstealthers get even more powerful, the new RA amorating melodies, that mincers can get... its ph0kkin hilarious. GOGO MYTHIC

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
swords said:
has to be some Uniqueness or it'll be dull.
True, but I think the uniqueness should come from what RA's you choose (and there is a huge choice of RA's now), not from just being given a unique RA at rr5

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
Looks ok to me.

- I'm a little concerned about the idea of level 74 chanter pets with 200% base dps and 350DD/3sec pbae chant (by comparison reaver pbae chant is 43DD/8sec).

- I don't give a crap about true sight.

- I'm pretty indifferent to the BoF nerf - while it was fun to use, and fun to know how miuch it pissed off savages, it turns battles much less often than is popularly imagined.

- Mastery of Focus sounds like a pretty effective way to solve the problem of the dumb spell chance-to-hit formula (not as effective as just replacing the bloody formula - but you can't have evcerything I guess).

- New determination and stoicism arrangements seem like a reasonable compromise; not as good as just removing it altogether of course, but it's a reasonable step forward. I'd have just given Stoicism to *everyone* at rr3, and removed determination altogether. Casters having to worry about cc more than tanks continues to make no sense.

- Looking over the class specfic RAs - I'm glad I'm not a bard, armsman, mentalist, scout, or thane. And I wonder what enchanters, savages, champions, bonedancers, and druids did to earn such luck.

AtomicBattleHamster

Fledgling Freddie
Nalistah said:
ofcourse albstealthers get even more powerful, the new RA amorating melodies, that mincers can get... its ph0kkin hilarious. GOGO MYTHIC

Hmmm'ok.....still bitter.... shame...

You enjoyed your 1.5 years of being top of the stealth food chain, deal with being lesser like the rest of us did. Besides, we're all gonna be legging it (or grouping with) from archers mostly anyway.

Mincers needed some love, admittedly (and painfully, I agree with you) this doesn’t seem the way to do it...but I don’t play a Mincer, so I can’t comment on their needs, other than my objective opinion.

I think the changes in general are them testing the water to gauge the community reaction and tweaking will be done from there. We should consider ourselves lucky, with the delay from yankland, we get to see coming nerfs/bonuses and can at least read how they fair with it all & adjust (or even in extreme cases quit or re-roll).

Either way, I don’t think we have seen the last of the RA changes.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
gunner440 said:
quite the opposite here

i think it's fucked up everyone except for a few classes

No suprise really, just look at toa and most of the last several patches and you can see nothing but one fuck up after another. Was anyone honestly expecting Mythic to do a good job? I sure as hell wasn't.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Kagato said:
No suprise really, just look at toa and most of the last several patches and you can see nothing but one fuck up after another. Was anyone honestly expecting Mythic to do a good job? I sure as hell wasn't.

but still you keep playing?

rolling another class is the only way out of it i think

gogo fotm wardens !!!! :D

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Arindra said:
- New determination and stoicism arrangements seem like a reasonable compromise; not as good as just removing it altogether of course, but it's a reasonable step forward. I'd have just given Stoicism to *everyone* at rr3, and removed determination altogether. Casters having to worry about cc more than tanks continues to make no sense.

so in your oppinion tanks and casters should spend the same time in Mezz for example? i hope i misunderstood you. About why light/heavy tanks getting stoicism and not hybrids? Some ppl seems like not played the beta, 75% of tanks were hybrids, didnt see mercenaries/blademasters/warriors for a loooong long time.

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
so in your oppinion tanks and casters should spend the same time in Mezz for example? i hope i misunderstood you. About why light/heavy tanks getting stoicism and not hybrids? Some ppl seems like not played the beta, 75% of tanks were hybrids, didnt see mercenaries/blademasters/warriors for a loooong long time.

Why should tanks spend less time being mezzed than casters, they do the same damage atleast and cant be interrupted. Mezz is mostly giving to 1 caster class and that is the sorc. Mezz is not a caster ability, its a ability
mainly given to 1 class in each realm to do CC.

There is, and NEWER was any difference for a tank, cleric or caster being mezzed for long duration. It was NEWER a tank problem, it was a problem
for all classes not being able to participate in fights for 1 min+.

Root on the other hand is a totally different matter, which allows casters being rooted to still perform, while tanks where nulified. Mezz length should
have been reduced for all classes, and tanks should have gotten a det which
worked against root and snare.

Sadly people like you do not understand such simple balance.
It NEWER sucked more for tanks to be mezzed than any other class.
The whine and Mythic's stupidity regarding this ruined 1/2 of all classes
ability to play in group rvr in DaoC.

Big Ugly

Fledgling Freddie
:clap: looks like my hunter is getting some really usefull stuff, ranging from 'free' volley, to cheap but watered down versions of purge/IP/etc. assuming hunters count as petclasses (with 1 summonspell, and 2 charmspells in 'defining' line i would think so) so juggernaut could be cool. even at lvl1, a lvl51 pet every 15 mins is gonna save my hide. and the RR5 free ability hunters get is possibly one of the best in the list

shaman get royally shagged. ichor nerfed, no sight of wild arcana (but i get wild power...wohoo :eek: ), and that RR5 ability sucks imo...did shaman really need another frigg spell?

after persisting to play a caveshaman for over a year i give up, mythic wants shaman to be buffbots..so be it

/em goes of the market explorer to find a respec stone

:(

on the whole tho....looks good

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
gunner440 said:
but still you keep playing?

rolling another class is the only way out of it i think

gogo fotm wardens !!!! :D

Yes but im not playing because its a good game still, Im playing because I have already put so much effort into the game and because I have friends here I would miss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom