proposed new RA's

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
censi said:
theres some HUGE imbalances in there. (specifically with what different classes get as the rr5 ability)

A lot of the classes get some serious rr5 fluff. Others get some real usefull thing.

For examples bard and sorcs ability is pretty good. Healers is pretty useless.

I think some class balancing has been sneaked into this RA review.

But there is some unfairness here.

From my point of view the Ranger rr5 is bad (ie its an escape tool only) it doesnt address the real faults with the class being underpowered.

Melee style used with a bow. Does 300 damage and a 5 second (non resistable) stun. Bow cannot be used for 30 seconds afterwards, and the ranger cannot attack in any way for 10 seconds.

But if you look at the hunters you just think omg.

Insta-cast spell that is a PBAE 50% snare lasting 20 seconds.

difference here is uncomparable.

------------------------------------------------------

will be fun though, lots of whine to come i expect. Removal of AP is a big nerf for NS.

AND OMG.

TRUE SIGHT IS NOW SEE HIDDEN AND ONLY ARCHERS CAN GET IT! (talk about

Reading through it.

Archers also get DET.

all in all theres some archer love here though with some substance.

I think this will restore some fun to the game.

Certainly like the idea of being able to see Assasin before they can see me.

then again ranger >>>>>>>>>>>> hunter all other patches so

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
oh and love rest of the changes, really nice they cut down recast timers on active RAs and made them a bit less powerfull. And now finally tanks can also get actives that "matter" exept for purge/ip/tem :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Tzeentch said:
ok, there are exceptions to every rule.

but if you tell me tanks are not >> casters atm, then im just gonna say you are whining for no good thought out reason.

I concede I was exagerating, most casters a tank can find a way around to kill unless they get caught with there pants down. However my first example of BD's and SM's with stupidly over-powered pets does stand. Perminent, endless interception on a pet with a stupid amount of hit points ? Even the character form of intercept is on a re-use timer.
And bd's go without saying.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
I hope savages don't get the free pf too. As for special ras, some are nice some are crap....

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Exioce said:
OMG I just noticed MCL is on a 2minute timer! :cheers:

actually 180 secs = 3 mins

anyway I hope you do realise that MoC2 makes all your spells only have effective: your heals are halved, your spell damage is halved, CC duration is halved - maybe it also affects resurrections (hps, end, pow after rez); if you wanna use MoC it must be MoC3 and that is damn expensive.

I can imagine that MoC will change till the final version: 25%, 50%, 75% is ridiculous - it doesnt leave any choice - noone is gonna bother with anything but MoC3 unless you cant afford it. 60%, 75%, 90% would be a much better implementation - which means that even MoC1 is useful but you get an etrxa edge if you can afford higher level stages.

And btw I just saw that the new MoC is 30 secs instead of the current 15 secs.

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
My beautiful VP is Nerfed even more....1sec cast Timer !!! and ELd/RM's can get VP :(

RP is gonna cost me more. MOCing for Less damage, where is MotA, WP=nerfed, MOM= Nerfed.

Theurgist unique RA seems to Rox, Wizrad RA looks ok.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I hate to be negative before I know the facts, but at least I will say that this proposal currently looks very bad. :(

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Ckiller said:
Hybrids get determination :)

And thanes champions and reavers get dual threat 15 points will give me 10 percent more chance to crit on spells and meelee!

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
yaruar said:
And thanes champions and reavers get dual threat 15 points will give me 10 percent more chance to crit on spells and meelee!

I really hope it works for style proccs too ;)

flex

Fledgling Freddie
if u are rr7+ it's an improvement

if u are less then rr5 ur fucked

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
I made a longer post but accidently lost it :(
so here is a short version.

This is the classes in each realm that i feel is the winners of the RA review in order of "boosting" might be a -+1 in possition.

Hib:
Warden
Valewalker
Bard
Druid
Ranger

Mid:
Warrior
Skald
Bonedancer
Hunter
Runemaster
Shadowblade

Alb:
Minstrel
Paladins
Reaver
Armsman
Scout

And the Loosers:

Hib:
Nightshade

hmm dont know a other class that was totaly balanced vs their enemy counter parts with RAs. Ns is the only class with 3 "unique" Ras compared to other realms.

Most other classes that got a "nerf" all realms versions got the same.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
well high rr nightshade was most definatly highest on the foodchain with RAs up. (AP wich is on 15min timer etc available alot of fights)...

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
yes, but the nerf is worse than the LA nerf was for Sbs, as NS wasnt that much above. as reuse timer is 15min

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
They can just remove VP from the game now, a 1s cast time? Who cares if its 1s or 5s, VP was good because it was instant...

MoC, I'll be damned to spend that much points on MoC... Mythic uses the prequest as defense for justifying the costs of top moc, but seem to forget that you needed aquity 2 anyhow for mom / wp and 90% of all casters would get a few levels of moart after getting moc...

Isnt it funny, 15 points for Purge, 30 points for MoC, 45 points to be effective or 734k rps... This only used to cost 34 points or 313k rps...

I dont think any caster wanted a MoC that lasted longer with reduced effectiveness...

The new ra's are NOTHING BUT a nerf to casters everywhere... 100% RP went from 16 (or 19) points to 30 !! With the 19 points you also got MCL2 which got nerfed to 15 points !! So you now have to spend 45 points to get the same power back as you get now for 19 points...

But tanks get Tireless 1 at level 15...

If this doesnt get better for casters, I will quit when this gets to Europe... At that time I should be RR10 perhaps if it takes long enough, RR11...

They should have made MoC1 to only last 7.5s instead of 30, but at 100% damage, then MoC2 to last 10 or 15s, and MoC3 18-25s.... Not change the damage output, common 25% and 50% are a joke, I can hardly make tanks back off now with moc + pbaoe, with 50% damage they'll even have time to end combat and spam /laugh before they kill me...

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
Aloca said:
yes, but the nerf is worse than the LA nerf was for Sbs, as NS wasnt that much above. as reuse timer is 15min

nerf vs sbs was from close to godmode to normal mode, now when ns:es still can compete w/o AP/viper, i fail to see the reason to whine :p

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
High rr ns can compete without AP, vs low rr infils.
High rr Infils will still outdamage NS by far without AP.

Ap was a: I can win vs your overpowerd ass every 15min RA.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
Aloca said:
High rr ns can compete without AP, vs low rr infils.
High rr Infils will still outdamage NS by far without AP.

Ap was a: I can win vs your overpowerd ass every 15min RA.

and what about hunter/scouts/shadowblades?

infils are overpowred and everyone knows it.

be happy you dont have to use 100% str based weapons like some assasins are forced to.

ap was also, i can F6 melee win over you 2 sbs

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
with that perma TS inc I can park my infil next to my buffbot at atk

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
imo nothing more than right for the assasins who used to have SH to get to feel the rcving end :p healthy for you etc

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
I never had SH :p

edit : but I have it now since 2 months ago or something :D

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
too bad you get shafted then, most assasins had overall, all stealth nerfs should be positive for those who "solo", since it will be alot more demaning to solo etc, and less zerglings around in the stealth scene.

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
and there is no point getting SH as low rr infil they should use the RApoints for mop or more hp etc to compete against higher rr sbs etc

that's what I think about it anyway

iluvatur

Fledgling Freddie
As a sorc i feel the whole det thing is ok, we still need to cc fast and act quickly, but i feel alot more tanks have been brought into the picture and will be nice to see that the fotm mold will be broken somewhat. And pure tanks can cry more about their det nerf after being un'ccable for ages. You still got access to a nice purge instead.

Hmmmm alot of changes, i'm not too bothered about the whole MoC thing, i feel this was generally caused by the whole HIb mage/pbaoe groups, so no more 1 button mashing etc (this includes mages and lifedrain, but then again i never used to rely on it anways, same goes for purge).

I think they are trying to shift us towards using concentration more, but will they fix the cast time on quickcast? or will it still be .5 x delved cast speed.

If they improve quickcast i'll definately be going for concentration 3.

One thing i'm not happy about at all is the is the lack of mastery of the art :( I would rather have kept this than get the melee resist bonus :( where cast speed = everything.

some nice pet ra's up having to rely on pet to do all your damage is a little dodgy ( lvl 80 pet with 100% extra damage and nifty % chance to crit anyone? ). although does the increased level affect their resists and HP extra .. will it make mages unable to DD them? or CC them? will they slice through defenses? too many questions need answering for me to consider this one .. especially with the re-use timer and with the lack of being able to resummon a charmed pet ( when will they give that? :( )

I feel like people are going to have to make serious thoughts about their playstyle ... no more ''i have every uber ra there is''. People will be alot more varied and hopefully the game will become alot more skillful with the massive amounts of encounters that you could face.

I won't start whining ....... just yet :)

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Vasconcelos said:
Where is Dualist Reflexes btw??

:eek: :eek:

Gone, along with a lot of other things Shades used to survive.. heres a nice list of Shade nerfs

Passive Truesight
All get Viper
No more WA
No more AP
No more Duelist Reflexes
No more See Hidden
Healing Mincers

and other assasins get..

Aoe perfs
Teleport perfs

:eek7:

Users who are viewing this thread