proposed new RA's

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
Once more, as with ML's mythic has nerfed the casual gamer.

I will probably invest in the new MoC top level as i do like it, but fortunately i have a few points to play with, low rr players who don't have these points will obviously have even less chance to compete

i agree that those who have spent more time on their character should be more powerful, however the line has to be drawn somewhere

i fear this will be the end of the casual gamer and soon only a few guilds per realm will be able to field a competant 8v8 group.

strength in numbers will be the way forward for those without the ra points

Night

Fledgling Freddie
I like the sound of Dual Threat, a crit on levi would very evul >:)
and i love the sound of that sorc ability..

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
is it me or do hibs/mids seem to have come off best from this ra mixup...

most of the alb ones range from 'shit' to 'mm could be cool in certain situations'

wheras most of the mid/hib ones are ranging from 'shit' to 'uberoverpoweredomg'

Tzeentch

Fledgling Freddie
i guess everyone is thinking the other way also m00

btw fedaykin, in mythics vision, there is no such thing as gank squads or 8v8, in mythics vision, they want epic battles and zerg warfare with hundreds on each side fighting regularly, the ability of realm leaders to co-ordinate and control those hundreds, and the ability of those hundreds to play their classes being the deciding factors.

look at the previous patches, the MLs, TOA arti effects, and see where they are headed.

unfourtunately without addressing population imbalance they will not reach this goal.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Tzeentch said:
nothing for bards.

nothing for hybrids.
sos?
det?

I don't see why anyone would play a cleric if this goes through.

Tzeentch

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
sos?
det?

I don't see why anyone would play a cleric if this goes through.
why do you think SoS matters to me as a bard?
when the other realms have the same thing it effectively nullifies the advantages, does it not, ie, for me, its use as an escape or positioning tool?

det for hybrids, yes, but the 'real' tanks again get more det baseline, light tanks receive a different form of pf.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
saady the bard unique rr5 ability is good...

I think ML, artifacts, these news RA's will really address the main issue with bards.

Survivability. (spulling :( )

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Determination Passive Reduces the duration of all crowd control spells by the listed percentage. 1% 3% 6% 10% 14% Fighters, Hyrbids, Archers

lolol, 1% less cc? well theres some points well spent eh, hilarious.

Stoicism Reduces the duration of all forms of crowd control by 25%. Stacks with Determination. passive Tanks & Light tanks at level 35

this needs upping to 50% or tanks are a dead class. det2 (30%) is worthless.

too many other issues to list really. tons and tons of overpowered RA's for our hibby friends to abuse as well as handing the game back over to casters in general = /quit

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
As I feared would happen with all the det whining, the game has come full circle and returning once again to dark age of casterlot.

All the tank ra's are only good vs other tanks.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Pure det5 tanks get 25 + 34 = 59% determination, add some resist buffs to that and there isn't much change for them.

The current 30min RAs are perfect for high RR groups to use whenever they meet a similarly opted FG or encounter a zerg, however 5min or 10min recastable RAs are made for keep warfare, and Frontiers is going to be one long siege.

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
Will the 75% (or whatever it is) effectiveness on MoC etc affect mezz / root duration?

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Exioce said:
Pure det5 tanks get 25 + 34 = 59% determination, add some resist buffs to that and there isn't much change for them.

The current 30min RAs are perfect for high RR groups to use whenever they meet a similarly opted FG or encounter a zerg, however 5min or 10min recastable RAs are made for keep warfare, and Frontiers is going to be one long siege.

Except it will cost 34 points to buy Det 5, working out at 1% reduction per 1 RA level.

Not much change huh?

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
whats this fucking shit minstrel ability to mezz for 30 sec all pets in a 1000 radius

how fucking shit is that

i can only think of 1 use: keep seiges against hibs and shroom army

but thats not even a problem anymore since the limits placed on how many shrooms animists can put up :/

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
Tzeentch said:
i guess everyone is thinking the other way also m00

btw fedaykin, in mythics vision, there is no such thing as gank squads or 8v8, in mythics vision, they want epic battles and zerg warfare with hundreds on each side fighting regularly, the ability of realm leaders to co-ordinate and control those hundreds, and the ability of those hundreds to play their classes being the deciding factors.

look at the previous patches, the MLs, TOA arti effects, and see where they are headed.

unfourtunately without addressing population imbalance they will not reach this goal.

agree

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Kagato said:
Except it will cost 34 points to buy Det 5, working out at 1% reduction per 1 RA level.

Not much change huh?
so you need to be at least rr4 to get det5, what's the problem?

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Seems promising, needs a little more tweaking I think. Thane ra seems to be the most fun of all. Thanes seem to get more instant ld buttons ;)

Tzeentch

Fledgling Freddie
you can get a 5 minute purge.

censi - no radical changes or anything interesting at all for bards in this setup so far.

i doubt its going to be caster ownage tbh, with the MLs the way they are, it does seem to be heading toward a more balancing approach now between casters and tanks - ie, both can kill each other with ease in the appropiate situation, as opposed to now where a decent rr heavy tank can eliminate nearly any caster no matter their rr.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Exioce said:

34% det from RAs will cost 34 points - that's the main difference: cause 34 points DO hurt - even if you have 100 points to spend

I think the the determination changes are very well designed: free 25% det for pure tanks and the option to buy more even for hybrids.

All the big jokers have been removed or given to all realms (SoS, BoF, GP, etc) and the personal free RR5 abilities don't seem to be very overpowered (ofc some are better than others but i dont see any that is really out of line).

Not sure about the MoC change yet - 10 min reuse timer is ofc nice (means it is up every fight more or less) but only 75% effectiveness and that for 30 RA points... not sure really

Something very nice is the melee resists for casters (Physical Defense) - 10% more melee resists for 10 RA points: every mage will have that and some will even go for the 17% at a cost of 20 points

There are lots of choices to make and even 100 RA points from a RR11 are easily spent...

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Exioce said:
so you need to be at least rr4 to get det5, what's the problem?

RR4L4 to get 1 single RA only effective vs CC and still isn't a fraction as effective as it used to be, I shouldn't even need to explain how shit that is.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Tzeentch said:
as opposed to now where a decent rr heavy tank can eliminate nearly any caster no matter their rr.

Unless they happen to be bonedancers or SM's with stupidly over-powered pets, or animists in a field of mushrooms, or chanters with moc up or who just keep sprinting away, or pretty much any caster that knows how to keep out of melee range.

Tzeentch

Fledgling Freddie
the one good thing i see from all this is that - there will be no massively generic RA setup.

eg, by rr8, my hero will have det 4, mob4, purge, ip etc etc

this encourages a more focused approach, so some people will be more aligned to a certain ra/position (offense/defense) or whatever.. it does encourage some more thinking.. i guess the big problem for now is higher RR folk losing all their RA toys so to speak.

Tzeentch

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Unless they happen to be bonedancers or SM's with stupidly over-powered pets, or animists in a field of mushrooms, or chanters with moc up or who just keep sprinting away, or pretty much any caster that knows how to keep out of melee range.
ok, there are exceptions to every rule.

but if you tell me tanks are not >> casters atm, then im just gonna say you are whining for no good thought out reason.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
In two minds about this, it seems pretty expensive at first glance, but I've just done some sums and I can pretty much replicate my current RAs
MoC2
RP3
MCL2
Purge2
LW1

Maybe try the ghetto purge and get BoF or somth
I miss out on MotA and PR, but with TOA cast speed and Egg of Youth this doesn't matter so much, also the important ones are now on 10min timers :D

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Some good , some bad, some funny...gonna be interesting how it all comes out in the wash :D

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
there is some good in it - but i just see yet another long, slow (for us in europe) agonising chain of balancing tweeks, fixes and the nerf see-saw. they haven't fixed/balanced ToA or arguably the base game yet (tho 1.62 was fairly close)

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
there is some good in it - but i just see yet another long, slow (for us in europe) agonising chain of balancing tweeks, fixes and the nerf see-saw. they haven't fixed/balanced ToA or arguably the base game yet (tho 1.62 was fairly close)
imo 1.65 with pow relics in hib, and str relics anywhere but mid = quite balanced.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
yeh i meant 1.65 xD

not so sure about the power relics but aye hibs r a bit easy without em :fluffle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom