proposed new RA's

swords

Can't get enough of FH
some interesting changes and additions.
I quite like them actually.

Sage

Fledgling Freddie
Stoicism Reduces the duration of all forms of crowd control by 25%. Stacks with Determination. passive Tanks & Light tanks at level 35

OMG, they are removing Dodger!?!?!

dimerian

Fledgling Freddie
Allows the infiltrator to set up in an ambush position near any door, wall, or other structure. The Infil cannot move and has his visibility to others reduced by 80%. From this position the inf can perform the assasination style on any single person within 150 and LOS. The style is like a perf with an extra 50% damage. This ability takes 15 seconds to set up and once set up, breaks if the infiltrator moves.

= more mg camping \o/ yay :m00:

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
wooo hybrids get determination and thanes get lots of caster ra's :>

o yeh and do healers get parry now?
Mastery of Parrying Passive Increases chance to parry by the listed percentage. 2 3 5 6 7 Fighters, Hybrids, Healers

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
There'll be less chokepoints in the new frontiers remember and bare in mind most of the spanish warder mercfiltrators don't actualy have PA.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Snapshot

Armsman can draw and fire a crossbow shot when on the run for 60 seconds. (Normal draw time applies.) 600 Armsman

With a 2 second draw time on my crossbow, this one is gonna be fun. 60 seconds of interruption and sweet damage on the run? Perfect for those casters that keep sprinting away.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
theres some HUGE imbalances in there. (specifically with what different classes get as the rr5 ability)

A lot of the classes get some serious rr5 fluff. Others get some real usefull thing.

For examples bard and sorcs ability is pretty good. Healers is pretty useless.

I think some class balancing has been sneaked into this RA review.

But there is some unfairness here.

From my point of view the Ranger rr5 is bad (ie its an escape tool only) it doesnt address the real faults with the class being underpowered.

Melee style used with a bow. Does 300 damage and a 5 second (non resistable) stun. Bow cannot be used for 30 seconds afterwards, and the ranger cannot attack in any way for 10 seconds.

But if you look at the hunters you just think omg.

Insta-cast spell that is a PBAE 50% snare lasting 20 seconds.

difference here is uncomparable.

------------------------------------------------------

will be fun though, lots of whine to come i expect. Removal of AP is a big nerf for NS.

AND OMG.

TRUE SIGHT IS NOW SEE HIDDEN AND ONLY ARCHERS CAN GET IT! (talk about

Reading through it.

Archers also get DET.

all in all theres some archer love here though with some substance.

I think this will restore some fun to the game.

Certainly like the idea of being able to see Assasin before they can see me.

Zoogle

Fledgling Freddie
Whirling Staff
PBAE attack that does moderate damage and makes all melee targets in 350 radius unable to attack for 6 seconds.

anti assist train ability :)

Sputin's Legacy
Healer can insta-cast a ressurect buff on themselves. Buff lasts 30 seconds. If the healer dies while buff is up, they will be auto-ressed 30 seconds after death with 10% H/E/P.

not much use in rvr but i think big epic scale raids will love it big time oh no we got wiped oh dont worry bobs gonna rez in 30 secs

censi

Can't get enough of FH
minstrals with amorating melodies is really gonna fook up the stealth wars though.

There will be 0% chance of any Midgard or Hibernia stealth grps winning over an ablion stealth group that has amorating meldies

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Too much info to compute... But it seems threatening at the moment. :eek:

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
people already whining bout it :/ think you should at least wait and see whats worth whining about :/ btw cant wait for this my thane gettin lots of cool new stuff outta this :>

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Kagato said:
Snapshot

Armsman can draw and fire a crossbow shot when on the run for 60 seconds. (Normal draw time applies.) 600 Armsman

With a 2 second draw time on my crossbow, this one is gonna be fun. 60 seconds of interruption and sweet damage on the run? Perfect for those casters that keep sprinting away.

combined with pf it's even better

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Hmmm, I'm surveying the vital RAs my char relies upon, and I can't see Mastery of the Art (i.e. cast speed increase). Oh, and MoC is no longer 100% certainty of no interruption? I already have a bad taste in my mouth. :(

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
it didn't say that belo, I don't think
"MoC III, which costs a total of 30 points (5 + 10 + 15), will allow a caster to cast with no interruptions for thirty seconds every ten minutes at 75% effectiveness'

this sux
I dont' think the devs have PLAYED this game.

Clerics get fucked AGAIN.

Healing classes in general are getting screwed.

This looks like RvR for babies.

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Hmmm, I'm surveying the vital RAs my char relies upon, and I can't see Mastery of the Art (i.e. cast speed increase). Oh, and MoC is no longer 100% certainty of no interruption? I already have a bad taste in my mouth. :(

also raging power screwed, Wild arcana missing, GP gone, (bad for hib only)
(caba/eld both get crap rr5 abilities,) cost increase on passives = Retirement.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Well, I don't necessarily need MoC every 10 minutes for 30 seconds -- however, when I do MoC, I don't want to run a risk of being interrupted for 4-5 seconds a pop while the tank takes me down. I've already tasted being interrupted enough while MoCing against orange+ mobs, no thanks. :(

Oh, and my pet gets to be CC immune for 60 seconds, how nifty -- you would have thought they had learnt the lesson of not giving out class-specific RAs by now. It seems to me we'll be back to square one with the balancing again.

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
some funny sounding stuff there, anamists can become mushrooms :D

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
Blinding Dust Insta-cast PBAE Attack that causes the enemy to have a 25% chance to fumble melee/bow attacks for the next 15 seconds. 300 Mercenary

Thought Mercenary's already had dirty tricks?

swords

Can't get enough of FH
seems like they have indeed nerfed power regaining abilities for the healing classes :(
though on the upside BoL looks to be desirable now for cost/effect. Purge looks fantastic and the various other tools will be a great help.

Also people woulnt be able to load up with lots of RA's so things should be a little simpler in that respect.

Snikch

Fledgling Freddie
Juggernaut Active Increases the effective level of the pet by the listed number of levels for 60 seconds. 900 10 20 30 Pet Classes (not necros)

Is this actually raising the petlevel by 30?
Seems like a mad ra.
Level 75 pets for all!

Aussie

Banned
Focus shield that reflects 25% melee/archer damage back to the attacker but makes the sorc immune to 90% of all melee damage. 20 second duration or until the sorc moves or casts.

rox XDDDDDDDD

Aussie

Banned
For 30 seconds the savage takes no hit point penalty from self buffs. 900

OOOOOOOOOMGGG NERF , 1 LESS SPREADHEAL!1

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
Focus shield that reflects 25% melee/archer damage back to the attacker but makes the sorc immune to 90% of all melee damage. 20 second duration or until the sorc moves or casts.

rox XDDDDDDDD

debuff, dd, dd, dd

SilverHood

FH is my second home
You guys tired reading what it actually says for MoC?

"MoC III, which costs a total of 30 points (5 + 10 + 15), will allow a caster to cast with no interruptions for thirty seconds every ten minutes at 75% effectiveness'

Well, I don't necessarily need MoC every 10 minutes for 30 seconds -- however, when I do MoC, I don't want to run a risk of being interrupted for 4-5 seconds a pop while the tank takes me down. I've already tasted being interrupted enough while MoCing against orange+ mobs, no thanks

You can't be interupted, but the spells you do are not as effective, ie 75% at level 3

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Well, I don't necessarily need MoC every 10 minutes for 30 seconds -- however, when I do MoC, I don't want to run a risk of being interrupted for 4-5 seconds a pop while the tank takes me down. I've already tasted being interrupted enough while MoCing against orange+ mobs, no thanks. :(
´

think you have understood it wrong:
MoC will still be 100% uninterruptable regardless of the lvl. Only thing that changes with the lvl of MoC will be your dmg output (mages) or healing effectiveness (healers). So if you have MoC activated you will still be able to cast without interruption but you will do less dmg (at lvl 3 you will do 75% of your normal damage)... that's how I think it works; another thing they didnt mention is the duration of MoC. Still 15 sec or more?

It's hard to judge such a system unless you have played with it for a while. All in all i get the impression that the new system will make the gap between low RR and high RR even bigger (5 min purge etc.).

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
from vn - concerning stealthers
---------------------------------
coming from both sides of this (as a ranger and a NS)

im not going to play my NS anymore if this goes live as is.

with my ranger:
I will be able to see infs/sbs/scouts/minstrels from far away with TS

i will be able to either avoid them or put 3 -5 arrows into them before they get close to me.

I will still have AP and IP.

and i will have my get away quick burst of speed if needed.

No assasin will be able to touch me. I will be able to get away from them easy or avoid them all together.

at least when my NS had See Hidden i had to get up close and person AND the archers cammo had to be down for see hidden to work.

TS is far better ability in this form then see hidden ever was.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom